Create Account

Kinda a fun idea I had

So, while being a bit tired, I thought about something that could be fun, but it could also completely flop. Beyond that, I have no idea if this has been done/suggested before.

So, I have a sorta-idea for a tournament: I'll call it something like "SHL with Friends" or "SHL Pick-Up Tournament," since the main idea is that you would gather a group of your SHL friends, who ideally are not on your current SHL team, and you would be simmed against other teams for a chance at bragging rights/whatever prizes are being offered.

Ideally, this would be able to let people play with site friends that are on different teams and more than likely won't have the opportunity to for a long time, or even potentially be able to make new site friends along the way.

Now, there are a few issues needing ironing out:
- FHM. Not everyone has it, so if teams are wanting to use things like line tactics, it's gonna be a challenge if your team doesn't have FHM. While things like the tactics spreadsheet exist, it's much less convenient than just exporting it from the game/takes more time to input when this should be a relatively low-stress deal
- Balance issues between teams. How do we not end up with a situation where a 2000+ TPE team absolutely dominates everyone else?

So, TL:DR: It's a bunch of pick up games starring you and your SHL friends you might not have played alongside with.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

This kinda feels like what IIHF should be. The big hurdle to this is FHM, starting a new file from scratch is a lot of work but I like the idea

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

@Inf1d3l this could be our chance to finally play together!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

01-22-2021, 09:06 AMFaelax Wrote: This kinda feels like what IIHF should be. The big hurdle to this is FHM, starting a new file from scratch is a lot of work but I like the idea

you dont need a new file from scratch, yall need to be more creative

01-22-2021, 09:06 AMFaelax Wrote: This kinda feels like what IIHF should be. The big hurdle to this is FHM, starting a new file from scratch is a lot of work but I like the idea

you dont need a new file from scratch, yall need to be more creative with file making

I don't like this idea but only because I have no friends.

Otherwise, it's a really great idea.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

almost always what is stopping me from doing fun custom sims

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

[Image: l8QJ3Dj.jpg]

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

We did a "winter classic" type game between St. Louis and Detroit once, me and Blitz's first year I believe, although now I can't remember if that was Simon or FHM, but I feel like it almost would have had to be FHM because most of us didn't have access to Simon in the same way.  That may have been a little easier since it was already set rosters, and probably ran it in the "GM" version of FHM that people us for testing.  So it is possible, but yes, probably a lot of work.  But could be a cool thing for Offseason/Preseason.. like legit exhibition games etc.  

It's kinda what the All-Star game is in the J, a mixed roster of different teams, so surely someone knows how to do it.

[Image: hudson.png]

Time to put together the All Canes Fans team. THERE ARE DOZENS OF US.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-22-2021, 09:35 AMhhh81 Wrote: @Inf1d3l this could be our chance to finally play together!

LETS DOOO EET!

I'd be open to simming an SHL friendly tournament on one of the old Chel games, I've thought about doing one with cash prizes (would need HO approval ofc) or something. Honestly if we do four teams I could probably make the file in 1-2 hours which isn't terrible.

I just like the whole live sim concept where you actually watch the action.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Y'all need to be more creative with your file making

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]