Create Account

Allow DFA's to do Championship Week (A Proposal)

As a current DFA myself, this is one aspect of league play that I think would hugely benefit both new and old users of the site and create more incentive for people to participate in writing tasks.

Let me stress that this isn't me arguing that DFA's should be able to do point tasks, the 3 v 3 or buy personal coaching. Those sort of things would merely favor older users and create insurmountable TPE cliff that newer users wouldn't be able to eclipse which would drive down player interest. This however does not extend to Championship week which I feel is an arbitrary limit.

Championship week for DFA's could be used as a tool that encourages learning about the league and its teams. We have over 50 seasons of history in this league and sometimes it just feels like we don't use it. For a newer user who came in around this time, seeing a tangible benefit to these writings tasks would create incentive for them to do the weekly writing tasks to further progress their players.

If that's too much, then I do have a different proposal.

Have a special DFA only task during championship week about their time with a team and what they learned from the locker room. This one time special task would be similar to the deep dives we already do, make the task a longer writing task but still tailoring it to them. As for TPE, as long as the content a user provides is of high quality (as determined by moderators) they would half the TPE of championship week. I feel like this would be a fair deal if Championship week is off the cards

Thank you

Love the input

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

I, too, don't know what to do after the 3 minutes I spend updating on Monday mornings.

01-23-2021, 06:50 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote:
I, too, don't know what to do after the 3 minutes I spend updating on Monday mornings.

Don't forget the 5 minutes each day you can spend tweeting random thoughts that then pay for the 3 minutes of training you do.

01-23-2021, 06:54 PMRandominoe Wrote:
01-23-2021, 06:50 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote:

Don't forget the 5 minutes each day you can spend tweeting random thoughts that then pay for the 3 minutes of training you do.

Eh. I have 40m+ in the bank still, and 3 twitter accounts already. Don't want to make a 4th, or resurrect the Seattle Riot official twitter.