Create Account

Anchorage just won the 4 Star cup, AMA!
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 11:49 AM by Wearingabear.)

I'm wearingabear, and I'm the Co-GM of the Anchorage Armada.

After a lengthy run at GM, @Acsolap and his Co @golden_apricot stepped down. @Gwdjohnson took over and brought me in as his Co-GM.

We inherited a great team, with a strong history of making it to the playoffs every year. But we had a lot of holes to fill as we just lost a handful of game changers that went up to their respective SHL teams.

It's also Igor's last season in the Juniors, so it feels great to go out with a bang like this.

Ask me anything!

[Image: ANC-Banner.png]

01-24-2021, 05:52 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: How are you feeling about the Barracuda for the present and future?

How did you find Igor's juniors career overall?

What's your go-to favourite meal?

Anything gonna top the feeling of taking that Quebec series? Definitely up there for one of the best/craziest moments of my time on the site.

I think the Barracuda are in a real interesting spot at the moment, both @trella and @hockeyiscool have laid the blueprint for how to rebuild a team in this salary cap era. Coming off of 3-4 seasons with top 3 picks makes it real interesting and great to be able to compete again. In addition having 7-8 picks in the first two rounds over 2 seasons is just ridiculous and gives them an advantage of being able to draft highly skilled players.

I loved Igor's junior career, there's an obvious connection to the first Juniors team that took a chance on you. Literally with Igor, it was a gamble. I did no media, very small site presence aside from some IP threads. So to get taken when I did, late 4th round, in a pretty heavy draft class, I had a lot of room to climb and make the best of myself. Igor's performance improved every single year, which is what you ultimately want from a player. His defensive play really helped out in this last season, a DGR of 84 for the season is nothing to scoff at. So I think it shows that even though Igor wasn't the team's leader in points for D-men, his plays on the ice still made a huge difference and contributed to us winning the 4 star cup this season.

My favorite go to meal is a simple quesadilla, no fillers but cheese and hot sauce. I eat this for lunch at least 3 days a week.

Nothing will ever top that Quebec series. I think most of us during game 6 kind of felt a bit of disappointment and gloom going into the 3rd down by 2. When Pablo scored that 1st goal, it was the spark that was needed for the team to overcome and finish it out. We all knew that series was going to be tough from the beginning of the season. I remember testing 7-8 rounds and it was pretty split between QCC and ANC as for who was going to the finals. I just wish that the series was in the finals and not the conference.

01-24-2021, 05:54 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: what's it like to have been the better, more successful half of anchorage's gm tandem?
most underrated anchorage player?
best moment of the playoff run?
are you excited for your debut shl season, and which player on tampa are you most looking forward to playing with?
who went ball mode?
It's fantastic, we all knew that was the case going into this. Gabe smells, everyone knows it, that's why HO had to give him the GM role. He would stink up the rest of the league if he didn't.

Most underrated Anchorage player is tough, I think some guys who maybe don't get enough attention on the team are Slava Petrov and Lakkamaa. Two outstanding players who were huge for us in the playoffs.

That game 6 win in the Quebec series was just unreal. As a SJS fan myself, it was so reminiscent of the game 7 win against the Vegas Golden Knights a few years back. The feeling of it almost being over, and practically admitting defeat to yourself, just to have the team turn it around. It was as exciting as any game I've seen on the site. Including Finland's 3OT WJC loss a few years back.

I'm excited and ready to move on to the SHL. I love the juniors, it's a fun place to compete and be apart of a team, but the big leagues is where you prove yourself. There's tons of great players on the Barracuda right now, but I got to give attention to people like Colin Lambert @rum_ham Valtterri Kauppinen @Pythonic Zoltan Topalo @Rangerjase and the whole rest of the team. Of course playing again with TURG TURG @ThisSeemsFishy and Vladmir Petrov @Muford is exciting too.

This is the tweet that started it all: https://twitter.com/JepoxSHL/status/1352376281887698945

01-24-2021, 06:06 PMOhtaay Wrote: How did you find your first season at the helm?
How was it to win with your other S55's in your final playing season?

It was an amazing experience. We obviously got handed a pretty great core team, our season 55 and 56 draft picks were 2nd to none and really pushed that team to be the best it could. We felt great going into our first draft, picked up some amazing players, and a few steals too. Gregory Goode being the best steal of the draft in my opinion. It was rewarding experiencing another side of the league and being able to somewhat control our future was great. Let's just hope I didn't peak in my first year.

Playing with Theo, TURG, and Gervais(even if only for two games) was an amazing experience. That draft class was one of the deepest classes, and our success goes to show it. The Kondos/TURG line was incredible and without them, we wouldn't have won the series. Cheers to our last season in the J! Looking forward to seeing you in Texas in the SHL

01-24-2021, 06:07 PMRagnar Wrote: You’re welcome.
I'm just glad you're not IA. <3

01-24-2021, 06:11 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: boat team...good?
Boat team is good. Can confirm. Have the trophy to prove it.

01-24-2021, 06:02 PMnotorioustig Wrote: No questions but thank you for helping grok win the multiple 4 Stars his 1st player was robbed of
We couldn't have done it without Dee

01-24-2021, 06:20 PMSeymourSnatches Wrote: How are you doing after having Gabe as your co-GM?
Favourite moment from this season?
ANC's future?
Why hasn't my dad returned from the corner store?
My nose is recovering, every one knows that Gabe is stinky. So I'm glad to take a bit of a break, but we're jumping back into scouting.
Favorite moment was winning the cup, nothing beats that. The elation in the locker room, the feeling of pride, amazement, wonder and just pure joy was astounding. There's no feeling like it, even if it is just in our silly little sim league.
Anchorage future is going to be interesting, we've got a great core group of S57 and S58 draftees who will help us bring in the next crew and make it a great place to play in. However, we're losing a lot of fantastic players on the team right now. So there's some big holes to fill for the draftees.
I've heard they ran out of cigs, so he's just going to the next store to find a better deal. But no worries, ANC is here for you.

01-24-2021, 07:10 PMLeppish Wrote: Why is gabe so stinky?
I don't know. There are studies being done into figuring that out right now. But I can smell him from across the border. So pls help.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Good job boys!

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

How are you feeling about the Barracuda for the present and future?

How did you find Igor's juniors career overall?

What's your go-to favourite meal?

Anything gonna top the feeling of taking that Quebec series? Definitely up there for one of the best/craziest moments of my time on the site.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

what's it like to have been the better, more successful half of anchorage's gm tandem?
most underrated anchorage player?
best moment of the playoff run?
are you excited for your debut shl season, and which player on tampa are you most looking forward to playing with?
who went ball mode?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 06:04 PM by notorioustig.)

No questions but thank you for helping grok win the multiple 4 Stars his 1st player was robbed of

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

How did you find your first season at the helm?
How was it to win with your other S55's in your final playing season?

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

You’re welcome.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

boat team...good?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-24-2021, 06:02 PMnotorioustig Wrote: No questions but thank you for helping grok win the multiple 4 Stars his 1st player was robbed of

Still cursed???

How are you doing after having Gabe as your co-GM?
Favourite moment from this season?
ANC's future?
Why hasn't my dad returned from the corner store?

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Why is gabe so stinky?

[Image: lebbish.gif]