Create Account

Major Announcement: Winnipeg Rebrand (RIP JETS)
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 07:47 PM by Muerto.)

Hello my SHL friends

By now, you all know the lore of the SHL Winnipeg Jets. When the original NHL Jets moved to Arizona, it left a big hole in the Winnipeg hockey scene. A few intrepid souls filled that niche by creating a Simulation version of the team, Over the many real life years, the SHL has grown and evolved into something much different, breaking into new markets and continuing to attract players from all over the world. When the NHL Atlanta Thrashers came back as the Winnipeg Jets, it created an awkward situation.

Now one of our original teams looked like a copy. And with the recent expansion into merchandising and a focus on social media platforms to promote our league, it became clear that the SHL Jets would have to find a new identity.

It is difficult to say farewell to a team which has won multiple championships, had multiple hall of fame players playing for the team in different eras, has one of the most iconic SHL members as a founder, and has created so many connections with so many people over the first 57 seasons of the SHL.

Before we announce the rebranding, we'd like to take a moment to induct one more member into the Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame.

The last inductee into the Hall will be ...

The Winnipeg Jets

[Image: jetsbanner.png?width=200&height=300]

We salute you, Jets, for all the ups and downs, the glory and the heartache, the victories and the defeats. It has been a hell of a ride!

-------------------------------------

We now invite you to join with us in welcoming @Leafs4ever, the original GM of the Winnipeg Jets, as we present the dawn of a new era in Winnipeg

video by @Geekusoid

-------------------------------------

It's winter now in the frozen heartland of Manitoba. Just a few kilometers outside of the city and you feel like civilization has vanished. The forested prairies are covered with a layer of snow, stretching away into the distance.

Above that forest is darkness, an inky black sky, dotted with more stars than you could imagine. A lone Jet streaks across the night sky like a comet, tipping its wings in salute before zooming off beyond the horizon.

[Image: BY2RhyX.gif]

In that northern sky, a greenish light begins to materialize, shifting into dancing bands of shimmering brightness, causing you to pause in wonder and delight.

The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a reminder of the awesome beauty of Winter in the North - much like the game of hockey!

This almost-mystical phenomenon has inspired many stories and myths passed along by people throughout history:

The ancient Greeks held that Aurora was the Goddess of the Dawn, sister of the sun and moon, and the Northern Lights was her shimmering chariot flying across the sky to herald a new day.

In China, they told tales of the lights being the result of a celestial battle between good and evil dragons.

The priests of the cult of Psyence preached that it was caused by charged particles from the Sun colliding with oxygen molecules in the Earth's atmosphere ... but some people will believe anything!

In the mythology of the Cree First Nations peoples who have inhabited the area around modern-day Winnipeg for centuries, it was believed that the Aurora were the spirits of the departed, dancing in the sky, to remind us that they are never truly gone.

[Image: cc1a75182191440e4ceeb437f0d0609a.gif]

Just like the people that have looked up into the night sky, and were inspired by the Northern Lights to remember those who came before us - so too every fan that gazes up into the rafters of the Winnipeg Arena sees the rippling banners of past championship teams and Hall of Fame players who will not be forgotten.

So even though the Jets have flown their last mission:

The Spirit of the Jets will always live on

In the Aurora

Aurora Aurora WINNIPEG Aurora Aurora
Aurora Aurora AURORA Aurora Aurora

[Image: unknown.png]

logo by @r0tzbua

HOME JERSEYS

AWAY JERSEYS

jersey designs by @ViN

THIRD JERSEY

[Image: unknown.png][Image: unknown.png]

Alt Jersey, Logo, and Shoulder Patch designed by @DrunkenTeddy

Follow the Winnipeg Aurora on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/WinnipegAurora

Special Thanks to:
r0tzbua
DrunkenTeddy
ViN
Leafs4Ever
Geekusoid
All Winnipeg Jets past and present

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

I'm fired aren't I.

$%&^#&^%!!!!

01-25-2021, 06:05 PMGeekusoid Wrote: I'm fired aren't I.

$%&^#&^%!!!!

[Image: ChZR.gif]

Rebrand

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Trading for me was already announced though. :O

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

01-25-2021, 07:07 PMJorec Wrote: Trading for me was already announced though. :O

Yeah what gives. I just a boring transaction thread and a fart in my duffel bag

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

hey kez, f u

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

01-25-2021, 09:55 PMOhtaay Wrote: hey kez, f u

I put the F U in FUN!

Winnipeg Wigglywags

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

I may or may not have insider info..

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Yo.

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Winnipeg Peggers when

01-25-2021, 11:58 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I may or may not have insider info..

Insider? You barely know her!

Ah, the long-awaited rebrand...

O/U on total hate comments?

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

01-26-2021, 03:32 PMMCP_ Wrote: Ah, the long-awaited rebrand...

O/U on total hate comments?

I'm hoping very low. But I can't wait to hear 50 opinions on it.