Create Account

3 way Goalie rotation

Ok, ok put away your pitchforks, hear me out 

Its something that has been done more and more in modern hockey, most notably by the New York Rangers (Lundqvist, Georgiev, Shesterkin) and less notably SKA St Petersburg (Askarov, Samonov, Hellberg). 

I'm pretty sure its possible in FHM, so if the goalie situation does get even worse it's a very viable option. Obviously, there would be some discussion with how backup games will be counted (maybe 2nd and 3rd string goalies can combine), but as there are many teams with 2 active goalies and maybe 1 or 2 prospects, the 3 way could provide an alternative to having to choose which goalie you let go. 

As always, discussions are welcome

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

Probably possible but the thing is even in real life a 3 string goalie group will probably only last for a season. See your NYR example.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

This is functionally possible. The rulebook allows teams to hold 20 players on their rosters, but only allows 15 dressed skaters and two goalies per game. A team could hold a third goalie on the main roster and cycle them in and out of the starting lineup if they could support the salaries.

Given the cap structure, I don't think many if any teams are in a position to try it

Given how the rangers hated running three goalies I am sure it would translate better to sim league...

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Other option is to let goailes position change. Seems like a far easier change to make.