Create Account

Criteria for Media

[Image: fcb4e3c37943630dd874f48cd2252a18.jpg]

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

01-28-2021, 06:19 PMZoone16 Wrote: @JKortesi81 I disagree with that. It opens up many cans of worms whereupon someone posts a meme thread and gets their buddies to respond, hence artificially driving player engagement/interaction on the piece (this is but an example thought of on the spot). There are plenty of facets that can be explored whilst remaining on topic of the SHL. Whether it be in-character, game analysis, power rankings, trade analysis, etc... The SHL Media is at the title of the subforum says... SHL Media.

Also for people criticizing @Nictox 's album articles. They were moved into the graded section after some time but they are not receiving any monetary payout. I communicated this to Nictox way early on in his series about that.

If you want to write about stuff that is not SHL related, there are plenty of creative writing sites out there for that.

I literally said that exact scenario in my post, lol.

Graders aren't (well, shouldn't be) morons. They can easily sniff that out and not pay it out at all for the meme/artificially enhanced threads like that.

Smile

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

i think @Nictox should be shl media official head officer of the media

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

01-28-2021, 06:57 PMztevans Wrote:
01-28-2021, 06:41 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I think contrast in the league is good. Someone will be 1500, someone will be 2000. We can anticipate those things. What I'm saying is that if someone wants to be good and wants to put in the effort, we have basically 3 avenues of consistent money making: Writing, graphics, and Podcasts. To say those are the 3 archetypes of every person on the site is obviously untrue. There are way more types of people and what I'm saying is that we should open those avenues (and create new ones) up to people who put the effort in, while also re-evaluating what it means to foster league interaction, as cal had mentioned.

And yes, you can get a job for a few million, you can win fantasy and you can obviously gamble. These, i think, are even narrower paths to consistency. Contracts too provide a hefty sum if you can negotiate it with your team (good luck if they're up against the cap) and if you're in a new TPE bracket, you've already made enough money to be there and therefore don't benefit from the extra money that much.

The other hand is that many people in this league have too much money. If there was a way, besides graphics, to spread some of the extra money around by way of bounty or at-request media, that would be swell. But in this matter, ive done little thinking.

Is loosening media requirements really opening up new avenues, though? Using the album thing for example ... you still have to take the time to listen to, and write about, the albums mentioned.  Congrats.  We're still rewarding writers, with the added degree of "They have to know a little something about music, too."

Not to mention, opening up column A (more ways to make more money) is only going to increase column B (more people with, in your eyes at least, too much money).  So I dunno how that's gonna work out for you, frankly.  Seems counterintuitive.

I'm all for more community interaction.  Not every community interaction merits a reward to your player, though.  Sitting in the comments of the Twitch stream during a sim shouldn't bag me money, but it absolutely adds to the community aspect of the league.

having too much money isnt a bad thing, its just a waste of resources when so many don't have money. What im postulating is an avenue to use that money on other users that increases engagement. If there are more avenues for regular media and more people have money, then the extra money is less of a problem. In fact, if that money can be circulated between users in a way that increases engagement (the way sigs do), then all the better.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-28-2021, 11:24 AMsve7en Wrote:
01-28-2021, 11:21 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Ok,. so stop paying for media?

What? That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying media isn't required on an individual level to have a player in the league.
Then why limit it to stuff noone reads, and not give cash for media thats actually interesting to read?

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

01-28-2021, 09:46 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
01-28-2021, 06:19 PMZoone16 Wrote: @JKortesi81 I disagree with that. It opens up many cans of worms whereupon someone posts a meme thread and gets their buddies to respond, hence artificially driving player engagement/interaction on the piece (this is but an example thought of on the spot). There are plenty of facets that can be explored whilst remaining on topic of the SHL. Whether it be in-character, game analysis, power rankings, trade analysis, etc... The SHL Media is at the title of the subforum says... SHL Media.

Also for people criticizing @Nictox 's album articles. They were moved into the graded section after some time but they are not receiving any monetary payout. I communicated this to Nictox way early on in his series about that.

If you want to write about stuff that is not SHL related, there are plenty of creative writing sites out there for that.

I literally said that exact scenario in my post, lol.

Graders aren't (well, shouldn't be) morons. They can easily sniff that out and not pay it out at all for the meme/artificially enhanced threads like that.

Smile
exactly. our graders aren't robots. we could make it at the discretion of the grader with room for appeals for writers.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

What about a .5 multiplier for non SHL related media. I think that’s fair.