Create Account

A Prospect You Won't Want To Miss , SMJHL S58 Draft Edition Part 1 (double media)

[Image: hPU943b]
(was told to re-post the article to get double media)

With the SMJHL draft coming this Sunday the scouting departments of every SMJHL team will be bouncing off the walls! What makes someone "the right choice"? You could draft a bust in the first round but find a stud in the 4th. The physical number associated with the pick means nothing, what does matter is the player associated with that slot. So today I am here to bring a prospect into the spotlight who I believe is going to be a great draft choice for any of the SMJHL franchises. Please welcome defense men   Artūrs Tumovs @arturs33 !

The Latvian local is a 6 foot 200 pound defender who can do it all. Playmaker, defensive wall and even occasional scorer is what Artūrs wants to be. Currently at 163 tpe (according to his update thread), Artūrs is projected to be a mid to late third round pick and has been such great addition to the team Latvia LR. Artūrs actually lives in Latvia, but we are very excited to have a Skype Interview with him as we approach the SMJHL draft.

Interview Thanks for taking the time out of your day to speak with us Artūrs. The scouts have been watching you closely and with the draft less then a week away, both them and your fans want to get to know you a little better. So Twitter's most popular question tagging the SMJHL has been asking if any SMJHL teams have already reached out to you and if they have, the people want to know your thoughts about these teams.

Quote:At this point the Newfoundland Berserkers have reached out to me in person of @Nhamlet. We had interesting chat and I can see that my defender could have very good experience playing in this team. I am happy to be part of any team  as long as Arturs Tumovs can have some decent time on ice and boost his statistics.

Interview With Newfoundland having a dominant presence in the early 50's and coming off of a cup win not too long ago, successful franchises win with successful defensemen, so maybe Artūrs is a good piece to add to the puzzle. Twitter user "JanisTheLocalLatvian" asks "Is there a specific team that you want to pick you?"

Quote:No, because I am rookie in this game, so I don't know much about teams. That is why I am opened for offers in draft.

Interview Well it is always nice to hear when a player welcomes everyone, nothing is worse then seeing a rookie hold out. Twitter user "DrunkLatvian420" asks "What round do you think you’ll get drafted in? Is there any other player you’d like to see end up on your team?"

Quote:Hard to tell. I think, it is based on who needs good two way defender in their team. As I mentioned before, I hope that my prospect can have chance to bring impact to league by his skills and in future to prove his skill for national team as well

Interview Well it is always great to see a prospect with big goals, leading the national team would be quite an individual achievement. We have tume for one last question and this comes from NBC Hockey, "Why should teams draft you above other prospects? What special skills does Artur bring to the ice"?

Quote:Artūrs  Tumovs is two way defender. In my mind he could be nice and mobile variation of Chara IRL, just faster. Defender, who is ready to do good, clean hits on opponent and give good passes during attacks and power plays

Interview Well Artūrs that's all the time we have. With hard work and passion, I think you'll be able to achieve every goal you have set in time. Good luck on draft night and good luck in your career Cheers

Code:
640 words, please split 50/50 with arturs33 for his contribution to this article

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Very nice!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria