Create Account

A Prospect You Won't Want To Miss , SHL S58 Draft Edition (double media)
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 04:25 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

Ah the off season. Most teams coming off of disappointment while the winners take in all the glory. Congrats Chicago by the way, I personally thought Hamilton would edge you out in 7 games, but hey you guys rose to the challenge and proved a lot of people wrong. So enjoy the well deserved win Cheers

However one can only drink and celebrate for so long, as arguable the most important date for any franchise quickly approaches, the SHL entry draft. While the first three picks tend to be very predictable, after that things can get blurry very fast. So today I wanted to bring your attention to someone who I believe would be a great draft selection for a team looking to add a forward prospect. If you haven't guessed it already, I am talking about Hunter Sharpe @ImYolo ! If you live under a rock and haven't heard of this man's name, well then consider yourself one lucky individual as we got the exclusive rights to a pre-draft interview with Hunter.

Interview Thanks for sitting down with us Hunter, we appreciate your time. Now St Louis finished the regular season 25-36-5 and you personally coming off an 11 point year. While St. Louis had a rough time this season, overall how would you describe your experience with St. Louis? Was there anyone on the team that you hit it off with right away?

Quote:Well, this one is easy. St. Louis has been an amazing team to start my career with. Since the very beginning - when I dropped my bag in the locker room - I've felt nothing but welcomed. It's - overall - just been an amazing experience. I've grown close with my team and especially with my line mates - Nick Grant & Greg Davies. Colin Lambert has also been a great guy in the locker room - certainly a very talkative and respectful man.

Interview  Now we know SMJHL rookies can sometimes let the nerves get to them. With regards to meeting team expectations, what are your thoughts on your production throughout the regular season and the playoffs?

Quote:I set ambitious goals for myself this most recent season not to necessarily achieve them, but to challenge myself. If I set goals that were too low, I wouldn't work as hard. Even then, falling just short to an ambitious goal will only make me more hungry to improve next season. I went into the season with the goal of putting 20 points on the board within my regular and playoff seasons and I fell short at 13. I know for a fact that I can reach my goal of 20 - and more - in my second season with the Crows.

Interview The boys at the studio respect the hustle and just know the entire studio will be cheering for a hungry, determined winner like yourself. Now for a tough question that a lot of people on Twitter have been asking, would you say this season for the Crows was a failure as you guys did not get to the finals?

Quote:  This season was absolutely not a failure. We reached the second round for the first time since Season 53 and that is a huge achievement in itself. We played our hearts out in Round 1 to beat Kelowna and I think we all knew that we could pull a major upset. Going in against the Armada, we played our best, and ultimately fell short in four games. I'm very proud of St. Louis and how far we came this season. I'm thrilled that I got to be apart of St. Louis this season and I know that we're going to kill it next season.

Interview While it is good to focus on the season ahead, let's take some time to look at the situation right now. With draft day so close, has any SHL teams reached out to you already? Your fans are dying to know who are they and what are they saying?

Quote:I've got a message or two from a lot of teams. None have said that they're necessarily picking me up ASAP, but I hope that everyone knows that I'll be a great addition to whoever decides to draft me. I'm open to playing for any team out there - I'll make an impact regardless.

Interview From a personal standpoint, what pick do you see yourself being selected at in the SHL draft? Are there any teams you do not want to play for? Would you rather get drafted by a rebuilding team or one that is a consistent threat?

Quote:I believe that I do have the potential to be picked up in the first round, however, I will not be upset if it doesn't turn out that way. I have nothing against any teams out there - all of them seem like great franchises. I'm pumped! As for the state of my new SHL team, I'd definitely love to be drafted by a rebuilding team. I'm not looking to be a player that has the most cups of all time. I'm looking to join a team's roster and make a difference in the franchise. I feel like it's much more fun to join a rebuilding team than one that's already successful. It's also a lot more rewarding if you win with a team that had much less of a chance a few years prior. Nonetheless, I'm still going to be performing to the best of my ability with whichever team decides to draft me.

Interview That is a great attitude to have towards your career and it will defiantly take you places. Besides the teams out there, is there anyone you hope gets drafted to the same team as you?

Quote:It would be fantastic if a couple of my teammates got drafted onto the same team as me, however, I'm more than capable of fitting into a new group of lads - in fact - I actually look forward to meeting the new guys on the team I eventually end up on.

Interview Well Hunter all the best come draft day! Before we let you go, any finals thoughts you want to share with the hockey world?

Quote:  I'm excited for the next big step in my bright career. I hope my opponents are too.

Interview Watch out SHL, Hunter is looking sharp (he he he, see what I did there) and it will be exciting to see where he lands come draft day!

Code:
1050 words, please split profits 50/50 with ImYolo for his contributions to the article

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Scarecrows

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows