Create Account

Projecting 5 Prospects Landing Spots (2x Draft Media)
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 03:18 PM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
980 words, split pay 50/50 between StamkosFan and Z-Whiz

Hello everyone, today with have a collaboration between myself and Z-Whiz; we will be discussing five prospects who people are not quite sure of where they will land. This is a discussion of where we think these guys will land and where they would be a good fit. You'll get to see both of our opinions on each respective player. Let's get to it.

D - Narboza Manyhands (292 TPE):

Z-Whiz: Currently sitting in 25th on TPE, Manyhands had a rough season as did a lot of the Vancouver Whalers. His -41 +/- was 2nd worst in all of the Juniors, but I don’t think that will affect his draft stock too much. He has lots of raw talent that just needs to be harnessed and you could tell the potential was there while watching him on the ice. You may think having more than two hands would help a defenseman, but there were times when he couldn’t figure out which ones to put on the stick. Some good, solid coaching should see him take a large steps on improvement next season. I could definitely see a team taking him in the early 2nd round, banking on his potential to come to fruition.

Stamkos: The dedication Manyhands has shown with the RP is incredible, and really his media is all wonderful; I'm surprised that kind of stuff doesn't boost his draft stock more. Realistically, knowing what we know now, this guy is getting shafted, he will not be first round, but I expect him to go around 19-20. In any other draft, he would easily be top ten, you gotta feel for him. When you have that kind of commitment, you know he is going to see his player through, I would love to have him on my team although I don't think that's where we're at.

F - Dogwood Maple (311 TPE):

Z-Whiz: This guy is a stud. You’ve probably seen all the articles he’s written, so purchasing max equipment each and every season should be easy. He has max earned and will continue to do so in the future. If he doesn’t go in the Top 10, I will be shocked. He lead the 3rd line for the Maine Timber this season and look pretty decent, chipping in with 10 goals and 10 assists. His biggest flaw is his defensive acumen, but this will come in time as he continues to learn the game. Watch out for him to do big things in his 2nd and 3rd seasons in the Juniors.

Stamkos: I said weeks before the draft this guy was top 5, and based on what is publicly known that will pay off. It looks like he is going to Hamilton at 5 and I certainly think that's an excellent pick, a savvy trade as always. SHL managers, please please please stop trading with them, you're helping them keep it going. I see a generational talent in Dogwood, someone committed and very likeable, and star pivots are always a good fit anywhere. Very strong LR presence and a friendly personality, good build on the ice too.

F - Tomas Lind (278 TPE):

Z-Whiz: One of Carolina’s rookie forwards this season. While the win/loss column wasn’t pretty for Carolina, Tomas Lind was. He tallied 28 points on 15 goals and 13 assists. That is very solid production and should get him some extra notice from the SHL scouts. He didn’t shoot often, but when he did, it seemed to almost always go in. Once his minutes and shots increase, his numbers will be off the charts. I could see a team getting over-hyped and reaching for him in the late 1st round because he won’t be around in the late 2nd.

Stamkos: I know there is some late first interest in him, his dedication as a WJC GM is something I've certainly noticed as Sweden's Fed Head. Very underrated just because of how deep this draft is, and maybe he shouldn't be a late first in the draft of all non-reddit drafts, but mark my words, this kid is going to be good and going to be around for seasons to come. It wouldn't be as much of a reach as you think if someone does snap him up late first, but second is probably a more realistic benchmark, perhaps 21-23 range. In my opinion, people will look back and point to Tomas Lind as the steal of the S58 draft. I believe in my Swedes, prove everyone wrong for King Carl Canadice!

F - Golden Face (247 TPE):

Z-Whiz: Another Carolina rookie forward. He did not have as great of a year as some of the others. He was a little goal shy, but did tally 13 assists. He really struggled on the defense end of the ice however. This will need to be a focus for him in the offseason and his remaining years in the Juniors. If he can dedicate himself to the dirty side of the game, he could be a steal in the early part of the 3rd round.

Stamkos: I like Dewalt, he recently got a GMing gig in ISFL, very funny and likeable guy. He should go late second round just based on friends and connections, he might not max earn but he'll earn steadily and make your locker room a more fun place to be. At that point in the draft, he's not nearly as risky a pick as many of the other first gens at his level, and if you drafted ISFL guys to your team already (there are quite a few of them in this lot), then you would be bringing a friend, someone they already know and vibe with, into the mix. There's something to be said for that and certainly more value than just pure TPE numbers.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]