Create Account

Let's talk about parity... again
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 02:33 PM by DELIRIVM.)

01-31-2021, 02:24 PMml002 Wrote:
01-31-2021, 02:08 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: Rebuilds took this long in STHS too, they just went online a lot sooner, so it didn't feel as bad.

Ehhhhhhh doubt because I was able to make the playoffs with a 190 TPE center playing 15 mins a game. The parity that STHS created made it much easier to start making the playoffs before the rebuild was finished
Yeah. STHS just required a good first line. A good defensive pairing. You could be a good team with just those pieces. 

Honestly we do need a cap change, but we also need to have teams let Hamilton and Buffalo players go to Free Agency instead of bailing them out with picks. But cap changes would expedite these changes.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

01-31-2021, 02:33 PMDELIRIVM Wrote:
01-31-2021, 02:24 PMml002 Wrote: Ehhhhhhh doubt because I was able to make the playoffs with a 190 TPE center playing 15 mins a game. The parity that STHS created made it much easier to start making the playoffs before the rebuild was finished
Yeah. STHS just required a good first line. A good defensive pairing. You could be a good team with just those pieces. 

Honestly we do need a cap change, but we also need to have teams let Hamilton and Buffalo players go to Free Agency instead of bailing them out with picks. But cap changes would expedite these changes.

Almost like HO has already implemented cap changes to accomplish this and we just need to be patient and wait for those cap changes to actually start affecting teams - it’s already affected Buffalo, Chicago would’ve been impacted this season if Baltimore didnt bail them out of Skuci, and it’s likely that Hamilton is impacted as soon as next season. Cap changes can’t just be implemented immediately

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

01-31-2021, 02:08 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: Rebuilds took this long in STHS too, they just went online a lot sooner, so it didn't feel as bad.

A re-build easily takes 2-3 seasons longer now. The current 1300-2000 is the old 800-1500.

When you hit 1500+ in STHS you were doing it for longevity, not to make your player better.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Sths sucked tbh every player was the same I feel a slight tweak could be done for the scale but players should also be allowed to go over 20 I'm all for having legendary players if said player gets 2.2k tpe why not. Let's adjust mentals to with age allow players to get mental tpe as they gain shl experiance there are many things we could do to have this be a truly immersive experiance. Why stop at anything let us adjust our players shoot to pass tendency let's fucking get enaged.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

01-31-2021, 02:46 PMTommySalami Wrote:

A re-build easily takes 2-3 seasons longer now. The current 1300-2000 is the old 800-1500.

When you hit 1500+ in STHS you were doing it for longevity, not to make your player better.

What I am trying to say is that the act of getting the picks/prospects/calling them up takes the same time as it did with STHS. But yeah, when those callups only need to hit 800 TPE to be decent compared to the 1300 now + the talent pool gets smaller since less people hit 1300, the time to being decent is considerably shorter.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

I think we need to wait and see how the cap changes affect team makeup. Also stop bailing out the superteams.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

01-31-2021, 03:16 PMtrella Wrote: I think we need to wait and see how the cap changes affect team makeup. Also stop bailing out the superteams.

Denied

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 03:28 PM by .bojo.)

Random dumb idea: What if we have players start at higher tpe so they make the league lineups quicker. Regression would have to be earlier or stronger as a balance but would help stop needing a literal year to be productive in shl

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

01-31-2021, 03:23 PM.bojo Wrote: Random dumb idea: What if we have players start at higher tpe so they make the league lineups quicker. Regression would have to be earlier or stronger as a balance but would help stop needing a literal year to be productive in shl
Would be interesting...

Maybe we could have two different types of players, one how we have it now and one that starts higher but hits regression earlier. Maybe like a “blue chipper” and an “overager”

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

01-31-2021, 03:34 PMtrella Wrote:
01-31-2021, 03:23 PM.bojo Wrote: Random dumb idea: What if we have players start at higher tpe so they make the league lineups quicker. Regression would have to be earlier or stronger as a balance but would help stop needing a literal year to be productive in shl
Would be interesting...

Maybe we could have two different types of players, one how we have it now and one that starts higher but hits regression earlier. Maybe like a “blue chipper” and an “overager”

I've been saying that for months but nobody seem to like that Hmm

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

01-31-2021, 03:44 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: I've been saying that for months but nobody seem to like that  Hmm

it helps when someone as magnificent and perfect in every way like myself says it. they call me ethos biscuit

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Theres many avenues to open up I actually like the idea of a mcdavid type player who can break into the league maybe 3 years in and be an elite force from jump street. Maybe let players pick starting tpe and decide how many peak years they have

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

01-31-2021, 03:49 PM.bojo Wrote:
01-31-2021, 03:44 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: I've been saying that for months but nobody seem to like that  Hmm

it helps when someone as magnificent and perfect in every way like myself says it. they call me ethos biscuit

SAD

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Eh, let us try to shiv some other big team again and we'll see about this parity thingamajig.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 11:08 PM by Leoben.)

I mean at least we have had three different champions in three different seasons. As much as I hate the current makeup and dominance of the Great Lakes I can't fault them for doing a great job.

I'm also in the boat that we need a bit more parity, but we do need to wait to see if the cap changes will work and if the update scale revision will get young guys contributing faster. Right now I feel more bored than anything. It feels a lot like Formula 1. Great racing and the season is a lot of fun but you have a pretty good idea who is going to be champion before things get started. Then we just wait a few seasons for some rule/spec changes and hope things get interesting again. I trust the process.

Or we could all just give them our 1st round picks and they'll throw us a bone every now and then.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland