Create Account

Clarity in punishments VIA evidence

I'd love to see us transition to a place in which we feel empowered enough to post all evidence pertaining to a punishment placed in a google sheet, or something of the links with a link referring to the evidence in every punishment thread.

that's it, that's the suggestion.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Transparency has ultimately always been an issue with ho for 10 years that I'd like to see addressed. Especially when it comes to punishments or issues people are having with other members that have been reported but never followed up on. I feel like some people get granted immunity by being close to those in positions of power in the league, myself absolutely included, so just having more open and honest communication would be key

League is so big now maybe we need to go back to having a more dedicated league punishment and conduct team to handle that side of things

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I think a communications team is way overdue. Having a group of people dedicated to transparency and communication between HO and the users as well as a "SHL court room", for lack of a better term, I think would be beneficial for everyone.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Ive literally been calling for both a communications, and punishment committee since S52.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Agree

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-02-2021, 02:54 AMThatguy91 Wrote: I think a communications team is way overdue. Having a group of people dedicated to transparency and communication between HO and the users as well as a "SHL court room", for lack of a better term, I think would be beneficial for everyone.

Back in like S47 or S48 Eggy tried to get this up and running, but for whatever reasons it never got going and I still think this is a good idea.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

02-02-2021, 01:56 AMKeygan Wrote: I'd love to see us transition to a place in which we feel empowered enough to post all evidence pertaining to a punishment placed in a google sheet, or something of the links with a link referring to the evidence in every punishment thread.

Just so I'm reading this right, would this be on HO's end when announcing a punishment, or on user end when reporting an issue? I'm really struggling with reading the suggestion but I'm also operating on like four hours of sleep.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

02-02-2021, 10:45 AMztevans Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:56 AMKeygan Wrote: I'd love to see us transition to a place in which we feel empowered enough to post all evidence pertaining to a punishment placed in a google sheet, or something of the links with a link referring to the evidence in every punishment thread.

Just so I'm reading this right, would this be on HO's end when announcing a punishment, or on user end when reporting an issue?  I'm really struggling with reading the suggestion but I'm also operating on like four hours of sleep.

Whenever head office posts a punishment I suggest that at the bottom of said punishment be a Google doc filled with any evidence they used to come to their conclusion.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

02-02-2021, 10:47 AMKeygan Wrote:
02-02-2021, 10:45 AMztevans Wrote: Just so I'm reading this right, would this be on HO's end when announcing a punishment, or on user end when reporting an issue?  I'm really struggling with reading the suggestion but I'm also operating on like four hours of sleep.

Whenever head office posts a punishment I suggest that at the bottom of said punishment be a Google doc filled with any evidence they used to come to their conclusion.

Got it. Thank you for alleviating my dumb.

Nikolai Evans

It's not a bad idea but posting evidence publicly is very scenario-based. Sometimes people don't want it to be shown to to the public (DMs, etc.) and would rather it be kept private, sometimes it's just better off being kept private and whatnot. Better communication would help a ton though, with the most recent punishment I found that what was initially posted by HO didn't really reflect the reason for the punishment

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

02-02-2021, 11:05 AMjeffie43 Wrote: It's not a bad idea but posting evidence publicly is very scenario-based. Sometimes people don't want it to be shown to to the public (DMs, etc.) and would rather it be kept private, sometimes it's just better off being kept private and whatnot. Better communication would help a ton though, with the most recent punishment I found that what was initially posted by HO didn't really reflect the reason for the punishment

Hey remember the time @Wally called me a simpleton in the middle of a private conversation that got posted as evidence in a punishment? That was good times.  Laughing

Nikolai Evans

when i applied to ho before getting qcc, my whole pitch was maknig a 'punishment book' so it would be easier to keep all the data we had in one place and easier to refer. Would have been hella useful yesterday

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

02-02-2021, 11:16 AMztevans Wrote:
02-02-2021, 11:05 AMjeffie43 Wrote: It's not a bad idea but posting evidence publicly is very scenario-based. Sometimes people don't want it to be shown to to the public (DMs, etc.) and would rather it be kept private, sometimes it's just better off being kept private and whatnot. Better communication would help a ton though, with the most recent punishment I found that what was initially posted by HO didn't really reflect the reason for the punishment

Hey remember the time @Wally called me a simpleton in the middle of a private conversation that got posted as evidence in a punishment? That was good times.  Laughing

Remember that time we stared at the chick in Packers pj pants singing mid-week karaoke?

Dick. Lol

[Image: Wally.png]

02-02-2021, 11:51 AMWally Wrote:
02-02-2021, 11:16 AMztevans Wrote: Hey remember the time @Wally called me a simpleton in the middle of a private conversation that got posted as evidence in a punishment? That was good times.  Laughing

Remember that time we stared at the chick in Packers pj pants singing mid-week karaoke?

Dick. Lol

There are some weird people in Wisconsin, but I think SHL had that confirmed before I ever made the trip.

Nikolai Evans

I accept the role of Judge Judy of the SHL.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]