Create Account

Clarity in punishments VIA evidence

02-02-2021, 03:59 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:19 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: When I got investigated for IIHF tampering by you a few weeks into my tenure here you didn't post my DM's I gave you as evidence which I was happy about.  There wasn't even anything that bad in there but I think it is good form to not release private messages into the public.

I understand that people all want to be in the know especially when their friends are being punished but it can lead to underreporting of evidence whether it is due to the reporting person's content of their own messages or fear of retribution once it is obvious who provided the evidence.  I know I'll be in the minority here based on what I see posted in this league but I don't think it is a great idea to release screenshots of non-public messages in connection with a punishment announcement.  I think if both the punished and people providing evidence agree to release it obviously there is no issue.  If the system of appeals to the Owners is actually worth anything I would hope that "releasing" the evidence to them in an appeal is enough to placate the masses here but I am sure I'm about to be told how big of an idiot I am.
Yeahthat

I understand why you guys want this but have some respect for people's privacy.

this is fine but in the case of the gm punishment thread we are basically taking HO's word that they did something wrong when plenty of people are confused as to what they did in the first place

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-02-2021, 04:40 PMSlashACM Wrote:
02-02-2021, 03:59 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Yeahthat

I understand why you guys want this but have some respect for people's privacy.

this is fine but in the case of the gm punishment thread we are basically taking HO's word that they did something wrong when plenty of people are confused as to what they did in the first place
Maybe photo evidence isn't necessary in that case but the punishment thread has to actually outline what a person/group of people did wrong instead of referring to the rule. Everyone is going to find out eventually anyways and the confusion on what actually happened leads to a lot of unnecessary drama with opinions being formed on little information. Having a line that explains what Gabe/WAB actually did to perpetuate a "Toxic locker room," or even saying that's what they were suspended for in the first place would be huge. I still have no clue what they did wrong

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

02-02-2021, 04:50 PMMazatt Wrote:
02-02-2021, 04:40 PMSlashACM Wrote: this is fine but in the case of the gm punishment thread we are basically taking HO's word that they did something wrong when plenty of people are confused as to what they did in the first place
Maybe photo evidence isn't necessary in that case but the punishment thread has to actually outline what a person/group of people did wrong instead of referring to the rule. Everyone is going to find out eventually anyways and the confusion on what actually happened leads to a lot of unnecessary drama with opinions being formed on little information. Having a line that explains what Gabe/WAB actually did to perpetuate a "Toxic locker room," or even saying that's what they were suspended for in the first place would be huge. I still have no clue what they did wrong

I don't even think the OP states that they create a toxic or hostile environment, rather that they supported Ragnar in his "malicious bullying" which has now been repealed because HO deemed it was overblown. So to equate that with a week forum ban is almost worse than the Ragnar punishment imo, and I agree a hard reason why they were punished rather than the flowery bullshit would go a long way

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-02-2021, 12:20 PMRangerjase Wrote: I accept the role of Judge Judy of the SHL.
APPLIED

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

02-02-2021, 05:22 PMTheSparkyDee Wrote:
02-02-2021, 12:20 PMRangerjase Wrote: I accept the role of Judge Judy of the SHL.
APPLIED

punished

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]