Create Account

Clarity in punishments VIA evidence

02-02-2021, 12:01 PMztevans Wrote:
02-02-2021, 11:51 AMWally Wrote: Remember that time we stared at the chick in Packers pj pants singing mid-week karaoke?

Dick. Lol

There are some weird people in Wisconsin, but I think SHL had that confirmed before I ever made the trip.

I resemble that remark

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I mean, some HOs have done it this way

I like to think my term in the IIHF HO I would be fully transparent, however looking back I didn't include the evidence itself in the punishment posts.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

02-02-2021, 12:20 PMRangerjase Wrote: I accept the role of Judge Judy of the SHL.

You will be the Judge, Judy, and Executioner.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

02-02-2021, 12:21 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote:
02-02-2021, 12:01 PMztevans Wrote: There are some weird people in Wisconsin, but I think SHL had that confirmed before I ever made the trip.

I resemble that remark

We know you have a pair of ass-less chaps you wear when you stand at that grill sir.

[Image: Wally.png]

02-02-2021, 12:39 PMWally Wrote:
02-02-2021, 12:21 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote: I resemble that remark

We know you have a pair of ass-less chaps you wear when you stand at that grill sir.
Took 4 cows hides to make em big enough

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

02-02-2021, 12:34 PMartermis Wrote: I mean, some HOs have done it this way

I like to think my term in the IIHF HO I would be fully transparent, however looking back I didn't include the evidence itself in the punishment posts.

When I got investigated for IIHF tampering by you a few weeks into my tenure here you didn't post my DM's I gave you as evidence which I was happy about. There wasn't even anything that bad in there but I think it is good form to not release private messages into the public.

I understand that people all want to be in the know especially when their friends are being punished but it can lead to underreporting of evidence whether it is due to the reporting person's content of their own messages or fear of retribution once it is obvious who provided the evidence. I know I'll be in the minority here based on what I see posted in this league but I don't think it is a great idea to release screenshots of non-public messages in connection with a punishment announcement. I think if both the punished and people providing evidence agree to release it obviously there is no issue. If the system of appeals to the Owners is actually worth anything I would hope that "releasing" the evidence to them in an appeal is enough to placate the masses here but I am sure I'm about to be told how big of an idiot I am.

02-02-2021, 01:19 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:

When I got investigated for IIHF tampering by you a few weeks into my tenure here you didn't post my DM's I gave you as evidence which I was happy about.  There wasn't even anything that bad in there but I think it is good form to not release private messages into the public.

I understand that people all want to be in the know especially when their friends are being punished but it can lead to underreporting of evidence whether it is due to the reporting person's content of their own messages or fear of retribution once it is obvious who provided the evidence.  I know I'll be in the minority here based on what I see posted in this league but I don't think it is a great idea to release screenshots of non-public messages in connection with a punishment announcement.  I think if both the punished and people providing evidence agree to release it obviously there is no issue.  If the system of appeals to the Owners is actually worth anything I would hope that "releasing" the evidence to them in an appeal is enough to placate the masses here but I am sure I'm about to be told how big of an idiot I am.
Yeahthat Well said

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

When I got investigated for IIHF tampering by you a few weeks into my tenure here you didn't post my DM's I gave you as evidence which I was happy about.  There wasn't even anything that bad in there but I think it is good form to not release private messages into the public.

I understand that people all want to be in the know especially when their friends are being punished but it can lead to underreporting of evidence whether it is due to the reporting person's content of their own messages or fear of retribution once it is obvious who provided the evidence.  I know I'll be in the minority here based on what I see posted in this league but I don't think it is a great idea to release screenshots of non-public messages in connection with a punishment announcement.  I think if both the punished and people providing evidence agree to release it obviously there is no issue.  If the system of appeals to the Owners is actually worth anything I would hope that "releasing" the evidence to them in an appeal is enough to placate the masses here but I am sure I'm about to be told how big of an idiot I am.

You've got a point. Luckily that situation with the possible tampering was just an investigation that we pursued due to a tip IIRC, so I don't think that "evidence" needs to be disclosed. I say "evidence" because your DMs were pretty clean IIRC and we just left you with a warning I think? All in all, since it was more of an investigation and not a punishment, I don't think I see much reason for anything to be released officially. In the case of punishments, such as some of the ones we've seen the past couple days, they can feel ... unjust without the HO trying to bring more things to light and paint the bigger picture, but I can see and understand your points as well.

Also good point on leaks, whistle-blowers hadn't crossed my mind.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Jeffie wtf insult me

Give this man a Mexico

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

02-02-2021, 02:01 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:19 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: When I got investigated for IIHF tampering by you a few weeks into my tenure here you didn't post my DM's I gave you as evidence which I was happy about.  There wasn't even anything that bad in there but I think it is good form to not release private messages into the public.

Give this man a Mexico

Only if I can have the Fallah.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I read this thread as "Clardy in punishments" and I thought the man, the myth, the legend returned.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I don't like this idea. This will very quickly lead to publicly outing someone for something that will piss off a lot of people and make them a complete pariah with no chance of returning.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

02-02-2021, 03:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I don't like this idea. This will very quickly lead to publicly outing someone for something that will piss off a lot of people and make them a complete pariah with no chance of returning.
Agreed - it's asking for witch hunts.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Yeahthat

I understand why you guys want this but have some respect for people's privacy.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]