Create Account

Anaheim - #HereToTakeIt (Double Draft Media)

[Image: Outlaws2.png]

It is a new era in Anaheim. Fresh off the crippling loss in the Four Star Cup Finals, which was a Cinderella story in itself, the winds of change blew. Gone were Outlaws household names like Joorgustraad DuBolk, Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind, Arsene Leclerc, Ryu Jones. For a devastating moment there, it looked like even “Long” John Donair would be waving his final Anaheim goodbyes. Fortunate for Anaheim and the Outlaws, GM Fuzz of the Los Angeles Panthers found an alternative and sent the robust winger back down for the season, who will assume the S58 Captaincy. The Outlaws General Manager, BDonini, gave his notice and stepped down from his post due to complications outside of his responsibilities.

I stepped into the role after the SMJHO Head Office selected my application to assume management of the Outlaws. Zomp, the Co-GM of the previous administration, retained his post as the Co-General Manager. We walked into a situation with an exodus of aged out and called up players, and a void of draft selections. Decisions had to be made. Tough decisions. We made the call after lengthy but productive and pleasant negotiations with the Kelowna Knights to ship out young defensemen Farley Hank and Michael Scotch. Both Hank and Scotch likely had two more seasons with the Outlaws, but that was what made them appealing trade assets for the Knights as they make an attempt at winning the Four Star Cup. Alongside the d-men, we also moved a S60 2nd that could slide to a S60 3rd in case the S60 draft ended up as a Reddit draft. This package yielded a return of a S58 1st, S58 2nd, two S58 3rds, and a S59 2nd, as well as IFA forward James Hagan. It allowed us to reclaim draft capital that we desperately needed.

With the draft selections, we secured the next generation of Outlaws. With the 1st round selection at 4th overall, we selected stud centerman Ryuuji Kawashima, who goes by the site username Raven. I am very familiar with Raven Kawashima projects to be a big bodied centerman adept at puck protection with exemplary puck distribution skills. He will be a dangler or sniper’s best friend. If Corsi could be represented by a human, it would assume the form of Ryuuji Kawashima. Ryuuji has already made his impact known on the locker room with his infectious personality and his passions for improving himself and doing whatever he can for the team to succeed. Ryuuji will slot in to start the season as our third line centerman. @Raven

The 21st overall selection brought us another high-profile recreation player. Sekai Wollker, who goes by the username Gaia Mormont, has a pedigree of team first personality and player development. Sekai is a 6’4” offensive defenseman, bringing a large presence on the Anaheim back end. Their play is all about being the first skater on the puck in their defensive zone and starting the transition up the ice before the forecheck can catch up to them to create a turnover. Sekai will start on the top pair alongside IFA signing Anna Maier as the young players catch up on TPE. Gaia has been a stalwart presence already in the locker room and has the honor of wearing the “A” on their sweater this season. They represent a voice for the S58 class in the leadership team. I expect both Wollker to be a long-term member of our leadership staff in Anaheim. @Gaia Mormont

Our first third round selection from this deal selected the stout Latvian defenseman Arturs Tumovs. Tumovs excels at reading the play before it happens so he can be positioned in the optimal location on the ice to disrupt the play. He is strong at getting a quick wrist shot off from the blue line that evades traffic and goes on net, forcing the goaltender to make a save and control their rebound, or there is an opportunity for the forwards to clean up the trash. He will be featured on the 2nd or 3rd pair, depending on how things go during the preseason. Arturs is a new member in the SHL and goes by the username arturs33 with a heart wrenching avatar of Big Z that hurts me to see now that he has gone from Boston. “Arty” has fit in well with the locker room, keeping up with the banter with the best of them. He will be a big part of our team as we look to develop as swiftly as possible. @arturs33

With the 33rd selection, our second pick in the 3rd round, we selected center Bob Duncan. With a name like Bob Duncan, you’d imagine you’re getting a good ol’ boy from Minnesota or Michigan or some other spot in the States. Wrong. He is Norwegian. Bobby has a strong physical foundation highlighted by his long, streamlined strides that opens the ice for his teammates. He does not necessarily project long term to stay as a center and could slide in as a winger up and down the lineup. I could see him make his money around the net, winning physical battles for space and cleaning up the loose pucks as a right proper garbage collector. He and Arty could become best buds. Bobby Duncan is managed by the user Dagumpa, who joins the SHL with a pedigree of sim league expertise from the PBE where he is a manager. We are excited to monitor and assist with his development as he acclimates to the SHL. @Dagumpa.

Bobby Duncan was the final piece from the S58 draft as part of this deal, but the Outlaws were not done. Our next selection was slated for 42nd overall, but the Detroit Falcons came knocking looking to move up to secure their guy. We ultimately accepted a deal that gave the Outlaws the 44th and 56th overall selections. With the 44th pick, we drafted American defenseman AJ Tirrell. The Mainer who runs on Dunkin’ boasts some fast wheels and continues the trend of Anaheim defensemen being nimble and agile with a strong dose of stamina. AJ will be on the second or third pair to start, but things can change as much of our defense corps is incredibly young. Tirrell is managed by first gen user FnoRespect, which is a fitting name as he is coming into the league with no pedigree. I believe it is only a matter of time until everyone in the community will put the respect on his name. It also made me a bit fonder of him as he is a Bruins fan. @FnoRespect

With the bonus pick we got out of Detroit, we made off like bandits. We welcomed a teammate of mine from the ISFL, the user named WildfireMicro. Wildfire was active pre-draft and in our locker room during the draft, and it made too much sense to bring him in rather than have one of my buddies from ISFL wearing another sweater this season. Jack Micro has hands. He can navigate a puck through a maze of twigs, skates, and anything else that finds its way in front of him. With this hand-eye puck handling skill, he also has an uncommonly strong affinity towards faceoffs. We may have him slot in as a centerman. Jack has a passion for creating offense, and we cannot wait to see him and his lineys light the lamp as often as they can. @WildfireMicro

Our final pick from the draft was defenseman Brantford Baines. Baines has a bit of a blank slate right now and has not really put in a ton of work to improve himself, but the Edmontonian has a rocket of a slapshot and could develop into a stellar stay at home defenseman if he works hard. Brantford is managed by the new user Kingbaines who seems to still be acclimating to the league. He had limited engagement with the Outlaws management pre-draft and we are hoping that he comes to find the league to be enjoyable and turns into the big defensive presence we hope he would become. @Kingbaines

This draft is just the first wave as we begin the re-tool here in Anaheim. We have some returning faces, a lot of new faces, and a lot of work to do. We are ready to put the time and effort in. This group of Outlaws are #heretotakeit.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Let's do this

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

A very exciting draft class for Anaheim. Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

So Cup it is!

[Image: ieNy2MY.jpg]
Not gonna thank anyone

Alright, alright, I'll be active

[Image: duncan_png.png]

OUTLAWS

Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws

WOOOOOOOO!

[Image: v6m9gJe.png]

I'm just here so I don't get fined

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]