Create Account

S58 mPT #1 Introduce Yourself!

Hi, I’m Keenan and I’m your new PT head! I figured this mPT would be a great way for me to familiarize myself with all of you folks that I’ll be working with. Therefore, for mPT 1 I’d like you to introduce yourself to me (and any others reading this). Give me your name and something interesting/funny/odd about you. Whatever you like, really.
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements; several users who go above and beyond will be selected as participation+ members and receive an additional 1 TPE.
This PT will close Sunday, February 14th at 11:59pm ET.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 04:56 PM by Dextaria.)

Hi Keenan and whoever else is reading! My name is Dex and I'm currently the coGM of the Vancouver Whalers, SHL Budget Director, SMJHL Budget Director, and SMJHL PT Graphics person (but Gabe doesn't ask me to do anything anymore...). The SHL is my very first sim league and it has been a blast overall, definitely don't regret joining and working my way up to where I am now almost a whole year later (wow that was quick). My player Ryosuke Sato plays for the Toronto North Stars and played 4 seasons with the Vancouver Whalers where we won the Four Star Cup in my final season! Outside of the SHL, I'm a Canucks fan first and Devils fan second. The story behind being a Devils fan in Vancouver definitely stems from my love for goaltenders so Martin Brodeur caught my attention. Then, the trade where Schneider went there just sealed the deal. Definitely had seasons of disappointment following both teams, but it seems like they'll be able to turn it around quite soon.

As for some fun facts about me, my first and only NHL game that I watched live was a Senators-Lightning game. I guess this can be considered a bit odd considering I'm a Canucks fan. I was in Ottawa for a trip and the tickets were super cheap. I still have yet to see a Canucks game live even though I do consider myself a Canucks fan which is very interesting. Hopefully I that'd change in the near future. Other fun facts include that I have a cool sock collection, really enjoy cars, and follow F1 quite often even though it requires me to wake up at 6:00AM on a Sunday morning to watch live. I'd honestly say I'm a pretty average guy so I hope this has been somewhat interesting to read. I look forward to your future PTs!

Bonus Fact: You'll probably begin to notice that I like to "ph" these threads (which explains why I'm the first response here lol). I know some don't understand the reasoning behind placeholders, but they help me easily find my post instead of going through my profile. The placeholder is kind of a remind one can say for me to get back to this when I find the time.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 02:47 AM by yosh.)

Hi I’m beeg yoshi and I was there to witness the legendary Canucks game where Loui Eriksson scored on our own goal. It was the first Canucks game I ever went to and was a very very great experience of Vancouver Canucks hockey.

That being said, when Daniel Sedin tied up the game with a few minutes left, the crowd cheering was probably the loudest noise my young self ever experienced.

10/10 experience, would watch Loui score on our goal again.

I actually saw Loui score on the opposing team’s empty net at another Canucks game I went to... so I guess they cancelled out?

WC: 105

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

Suppose I'll start:

Hi, I'm Keenan. In 2016 my girlfriend and I completed the video game Until Dawn, featuring Rami Malek, in 2 sittings. In 2018 Rami Malek starred in the Queen Biopic Bohemian Rhapsody. Since 2018, I honestly cannot hear a Queen song without thinking about Until Dawn.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 04:32 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Hi Keenan, Happy to meet you and congratulations on the gig. I'm Dwight Knight. I hail from a smaller family farm north west of Jedburgh which is located in the southern uplands of Scotland. This farm that has been in our family for generations. My mother is Norwegian and my father is born and raised Scottish. I'm the eldest of nine children, having eight sisters. My path towards hockey has been a non-traditional one. I never really skated growing up most of my youth was working on the farm tending to all of it's needs. The closest I've got to skating while growing up was while visiting my mum's parents in Norway. There were some neighborhood children that we would get together and play on a frozen fjord, I didn't have any skates at the time so I just ran on the ice. I got outmaneuvered by all of the other kids but nonetheless I had a blast. This was one of my most fond memories growing up and inspired me to leave the family farm once I finished University to explore life beyond the farm and travel to Canada. Much to my father's dismay, I left. My journey began I decided to go to the Mecca of hockey--Canada.  Starting out I was looking for a summer job and saw an advertisement to to work at a camp in Derby, Nova Scotia. I split time working at the Jaggers Point Oceanfront Campground and working at Lazy Bear Brewing. One day a couple of our friends went to go see a pre-season game of the Halifax Raiders and I was enamored at everything. Walking into the arena and feeling the cold chill hit my face it immediately took me back to being out on the ice in Norway and knew I had made the proper choice.

My name is BasedMinkus, I once did over 40 shots of fireball in a one hour sitting thanks to Roman Reigns and the 2014 Royal Rumble. I wrote a podcast review while drunk, forgot about it, only to hear my review being read on the podcast a year later.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 01:17 AM by JamesT.)

Nice to meet the SHL family! I joined in December 2018 after seeing a reddit post, I got drafted to the Montreal Militia (now the Carolina  Kraken) and am currently a player on the Edmonton  Blizzard I am a huge fan of K-Pop and BTS! Good luck to everyone this upcoming season.

(52 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 04:32 PM by _Blitz_.)

Hi, I'm Blitz! I've got a group of friends that I game with outside of the SHL that I met coming up nine years ago on a Minecraft server. I talk to them at least four hours almost every day and there's still a few who I haven't met in person yet, but they're some of the most important people in my life. Regrettably and bafflingly, none of them are sports fans at all.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

I am iamslm22 and I am writing this to get TPE. I don't particularly care about people on the SHL forum getting to know me, but then again no one reads this.

Hey my name is Faelax. I'm a player on the Stampede and the Co-GM for the Citadelles. I am a huge fan of pop punk and emo music, and a die hard Columbus Blue Jackets fan.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Hi Keenan, my name isn't JNH and I definitely didn't get you drafted to Manhattan when your name on the site was still cubbies. Nope, wasn't me.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Hello my name is Rotticus Scott. I play for the Hamilton Steelhawks. I do PT's very early because I have a dumb brain that will forget them if I don't do them early.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Hi I'm Jepox. I'm a player for the Anchorage Armada and a prospect for the Atlanta Inferno. Fun fact about me is i've sunk 30 hours into Stardew Valley in the past week.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Hi, I'm Ruihu, and I like to party.

In all seriousness I play videogames, cheer for the flyers (Fuck the Pens) and drink a little too much after a long day at work.
I also enjoy learning new things online, channels such as smarter everyday, (The channel formerly known as binging with babish) Babish Culinary Universe, and video editing and photo editing softwares and guides.
My Social Security number is 867-53*-0*9 (PM me for that, I trust you won't leak it.)
I'm great at massages and no you can't have one. I enjoy the MCU, and WandaVision is a very good show, although I never watched any avengers movie with wanda or vision until endgame / infinity war, so I had no idea who they were. sue me.
I built a good gaming pc and still spend 90% of my time on League of Legends, that's a yikes from me. also I've spent almost as much on League of Legends as I did on my pc. you decide which one is worse.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 02:03 AM by Matteo.)

Howwwwwwwwwssssssss she gooooooiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn Keenan, good to have you as the new PT Head! I'm 21, from Ottawa (big Sens fan), and something interesting about me is that I was one of the four people who owned a Wii U when that was a thing. It was awesome and nobody can convince me otherwise.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]