Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #1 - Training Days

Well being new to the US it was hard to acclimate but luckily the climate in Anchorage is something I'm used to. The team has been very welcoming and was glad I did not go early because they were able to grab some other players who were slated to go early and then pick me up in the late part of the draft. So far we have hung out at various players' houses playing games and eating American cheeses. We have celebrated the League's appeal of various punishments against the team and those parties have been fun and sometimes wild. We are now gearing up to get into the season with training camp and exercises and preseason has just started so the partying has mostly come to a stop as we get ready to play some good hockey. The team bonding has definitely helped build chemistry and I believe we are better suited to play now.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

To better integrate the newcomers who recently got drafted, the Detroit Falcons decided to organize a lot of off ice activity during the first week of their training camp. A lot of these activities had a competitive element to them to motivate the guys. On the first day, we went bowling and we quickly discover that some of them have absolutely not clue how to throw a bowling ball, the worst player finished with a whopping 15 points. On the second, they wanted us to work together as a team and they sent us to into woods. They gave us camping gear and food and told us we would have to spend the night and figure everything out as a team from how to get our camping tents up to how to start a fire so we could cook our food. This activity was fantastic and help the team form a bond that will help us went adversity come at us this season.

163 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

With the new rooks in town the Anaheim Outlaws decided to put on a mini skills competition for all of their players. Most of these competitions were dominated by savvy veterans such as John Donair, and Kaapo Kampainen. The rooks watched starry eyed as the vets dominated in shooting accuracy and skating challenges. However when it came to the hardest shot the young d core put on a show. Rookie dman Arturs Tumovs ended up wiring the slapshot that registered the highest on the cheap radar gun the team had just acquired. All of this was quite entertaining, however, at the end of the competition goalies Vincent Mietitore and rookie IStawp Puques, skated to opposite sides of the rink and lined up to see who could score the most goalie goals. everyone was into it with the rookies watching intently and the vets cheering for Vincent. In the end though the rookie goalie dominated and ended up scoring 6/10 to astound everyone on the team. All in all it helped the team bond and get ready for the season as well as bring a little fun into training camp

(190 words)

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]

So my day of SMJHL hockey practice was a strange one. St. Louis is a city known for it's love of hockey, but is kinda dangerous actually. In the time it took for Dane von Gucci to get to the locker room and realize he'd forgotten his bag, the hubcaps had been stolen off his 2006 Honda Accord. Either way, it wasn't broken into so he was able to retrieve his backpack containing his stick tape as well as his personal items. After the rough start to his stay in St. Louis, the coach declared that their warm ups were shit, so they'd be doing sprints today until they were in shape for the preseason. DvG is a pretty good skater with decent speed, but even he struggled to make it through the sprints that made up the bulk of practice. After warmups, he didn't touch a single puck as the entire day was about conditioning. Maybe it'll help come the regular season, but DvG remains unsure about the coaching staff after practice number 1.

[Image: gucci57541.gif]

How did the Anaheim Outlaws of the SMJHL welcome rookies and help them bond with the older veteran players? One word. UNO. The idea was that they would laugh, play, talk, and have fun. What ended up happening however was like a scene from on of those Drunk buddy shows. Everything was fine then someone dropped +4 over again and fists started flying. Screaming and yelling and it was an ugly scene for the players involved. However when the General Managers and Coaches came in to break it up everyone was sitting on the floor bloody and just laughing. When asked about what had happened everyone just looked at each other and laughed not ratting anyone out. In a weird messed up way his plan to bring them together worked. Since then they have all been very vocal in the Locker room before games laughing and poking fun at each other. The Energy in the room is electric.

ISFL Welfare

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Saint-Michel, having played in Vancouver during his DFA period was already very familiar with the locker room and the front office. That didn’t stop him from participating in the team building exercises alongside the other prospects that were being lead by veteran Valterri Kauppinen (nicknamed Koopa by the team which became doubly funny when Mario signed with the team.)

Koopa organised an ice skating race across a frozen river with other funny challenges along the way like marshmallow eating and a certain cone course that the prospects were absolutely convinced that they were set up to crash into each other. Even more so when the prospects lined up and saw the veteran players were all sitting in the banks of the river. Regardless the prospects came away from the event amused and laughing, after they finished crashing into one each other. For the record, Svechnikov won the race after it was determined that his skates crossed the line before Saint-Michel’s

Some people say that there's only so much fun you can have doing team building exercises. Clearly, those people have never participated in a weekend long session with the Nevada Battleborn. What started as furniture stacking quickly changed to LAN parties, paintball, and eventually a full on orgy. I'm from Finland, so this is pretty typical for me, but some of the other rookies were confused. They'll learn.

Turns out that Raivo Helminen is an ace at Rust. While the rest of us were digitally running around naked, he has already mastered horse riding and was carrying an assault rifle. There were some guests at the team building event as well; most notably, Tanjiro Kamado is a goddamn madman at paintball. Not sure how or why, but the dude moved like the wind and I swear he could outrun a shot if he wanted to. Vili Tuga’tūga’bo’atu was perhaps the surprising superstar in the orgy segment of the weekend.

ISFL PT

[Image: UwFj4dm.png]

Aleksandrs had already been apart of the locker room because of his short stint training with the team during their S57 playoff run. As for the other rookies, they were all learning the ins and outs of the locker room heading into the S58 training camp ahead of the preseason and regular season. Therefore, with the NFL playoffs coming to a close and the Super Bowl taking place this past weekend, the outgoing Berserker captains invited the entire team to a watch party of the event. The dress code was set up as if the players were heading to an award show which made things all the more interesting as some outfits were interesting to put it nicely. There were fans for both sides of the football and the anti-Tom Brady fans were losing their minds as the Buccs cleaned house and dominated Patrick Mahomes. Brawls were almost had, but captain tez used this as a teaching moment that brought all the boys together and now the Zerkers should be a force this upcoming season.

(175 Words)

165 words

So far Evgeni Petrov has had a fairly easy time getting to know his teammates. The work put in by the general managers has made sure everyone is meshing well together. Just some of the events they tried as team builders went off to mixed success. The first activity was the team played a giant ultimate frisbee game. Nothing wrong with ultimate frisbee itself but as teammate Vaseline Podcalzone would report “Evgeni kept trying to catch the frisbees with his mouth. I don’t know if this was a side effect of him being raised by wolves or not but it’s kinda weird.” After the frisbee disaster, the team decided to have a simple game of truth or dare which went well for the most part. A few lighthearted dares here and there kept things loose until after some serious prodding, a few cars wound up on fire with Evgeni dancing around them chanting in Latin. So you could say he’s integrating with the team well.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 04:03 PM by Nhlbeastmode_7777.)

My players name is Brent Ashe and my team building exercise is to get and know how the dynamic is first. Then after that and the first couple of losses that we took during this preseason. Then I told people not worry and to take a breather and we will beat them next time but we cant get down on our self's for all the bad losses and look at all the wins that we got. I think that the team exercise that we are going to do next would be to strategize about how we are going to do the next couple of games. I like our rookie class here at the scarecrows because it is very different and we could use different people for different uses as well this class was amazing and hopefully it will push us to a playoff spot and win as many rounds as we can. So I got to say to my teammates thanks for believing in us to win as many games as possible without that being said let's go scarecrows Scarecrows and let's do this thing. (188 words)

Cormac Pónaire was pleasantly surprised to be drafted to the Carolina Kraken, especially as he watched the rest of their draft happen. While all of the rookies this season have been pretty active in their discord, there hasn't been a ton of one on one interaction between most of the guys. Cormac had spoken to some of the new Kraken players before the draft, but he didn't really get to know any of them. As the draft went on, virtually of course due to covid, more and more of the rookies were brought into the discord locker room and were getting to know each other. It turned out a lot of the new guys liked American football, and what better way to get to know all of the guys during a pandemic than a video game tournament! There were two tournaments, one with the latest iteration of Madden, and one playing NFL Blitz. There were lots of fun times during the tournament weekend, and the two going on at the same time meant there was no down time between games for the guys. All in all, it was a great bonding opportunity for all of the rookies. Next up is going to be another tournament, rookies vs management.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Our team, led by the absolute stud of a 60th overall pick Big Boss, had a team-building activity yesterday. We figured the best way to prepare our goalies for the season was by taking some shots at them and making sure they’re warm and ready to go. This would also help all the skaters get a feel for each other’s shots and figure out where we like to take clap bombs from. We all formed a horseshoe around the net and started firing away at our goalies. They were complaining about “it’s 5 in the morning” and “how they haven’t put equipment on yet”, but then our coach said something I will never forget. He said, “Bobby Orr once told me, you can take the goalie out of the net, but you can’t take the net out of the goalie.” After hearing those words, I knew I was going to be a good fit for this team. (163 words)

[Image: wMOao8d.png]