Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive 2: Quartet Poised For Great Regular Seasons
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 06:41 PM by CptSquall.)

In my second episode of "Deep Dive", I will be taking a look at four players who I believe are set to have great regular seasons during the Season 58 SMJHL regular. The only thing I have to go on to determine this, is their success during the pre-season so let's get to it and see who I have chosen to be the lucky quartet!

The first player that I believe will find success during the regular season is Zdenko Beranek of the Quebec City Citadelles. During the seven game pre-season schedule, Beranek scored seven times and added three assists for a total of ten points. Zdenko, a native of Kosice, Slovakia is a small but speedy Right Wing, who also notched four powerplay points, 28 shots on goal, four hits, two shot blocks and a +4 rating for the fourth year SMJHLer and I believe he will carry that into the regular season.

Next up, Mew Two, also of the Quebec City Citadelles, also put up matching numbers with teammate, Beranek with seven goals, three assists and ten points in the seven pre-season games. The sophmore Japanese SMJHLer added a +4 rating, two powerplay points, 22 shots on goal, a hit and a shot block. I see this huge Right Winger size wise, carrying his pre-season success into the Season 58 SMJHL regular season.

Vlastislav Malik of the Kelowna Knights is next on the list and the third year Czech born Left Winger also put up ten points during the pre-season, potting three goals and adding seven assists. Malik also posted a +5 rating, two powerplay points, 23 shots on goal, ten hits and a pair of shot blocks. I see no reason why Vlastislav will not continue his success into the regular season and be one of the top points scorers in the SMJHL, come the conclusion of the Season 58 regular season.

Last on the list of this quartet is Carolina Kraken fourth year Center, Aleksander Kozlov. The native of St. Petersburg, Russia was also able to accumulate ten points during the seven game SMJHL pre-season, scoring two times and adding eight assists, with a n even plus/minus rating. Kozlov posted three powerplay points, 20 shots on goal, eight hits and twelve shot blocks. Not unlike the others in this list, I do believe that Aleksander will be able to carry his pre-season success into the Season 58 SMJHL regular season and finish as one of the top point scorers in the league.

I hope you enjoyed this look into four of the brightest stars in the SMJHL, who will very likely become superstars in the SHL as well one day. The SMJHL regular season is right around the corner and it will be interesting to see which players and teams succeed and which ones will feel disappointment. One thing can be sure, it will be a fun season to watch and see who will hoist the 4 Star Cup when it is all said and done!

Approved +5 TPE @fever95

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS