Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #2 - Settling In

ISFL Welfare

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

Coming from Norway, adjusting to life in an American city has been pretty hard, because the way the city is set up is completely different than how it is back home. Fortunately, the team has given me a list resource person that I can call whenever I need help with something. The billet family where I live has also really helpful when I have some small struggle. I still have a lot of exploration to do, but I would say that as of now, I quite like the new city I live in. On the ice, the caliber is a massive step over what I was used to in Norway and I would say that I still am in the adjustment period and I don’t feel like I’m playing to my potential right now. I quickly realized that I would need to improve my defensive game quickly not to be a liability when I’m on the ice.

157 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Settling into St. Louis has been interesting. The locker room is always full of activity and the guys in there love to play games. I almost wonder if some of them don't have homes with the amount they are in there. Either way, I have enjoyed being around them and they have been very welcoming. As for on the ice its has been a slight struggle. In the preseason I played great with both a goal and assist, and a few blocked shots to go with it. I was also able to piece together a few solid hits. In the regular season, I have only been able to get one assist and a few blocked shots. Overall it has been a great experience and I enjoy being around all of the guys. I am looking forward to the rest of the time I play on here and they have even gotten me interested in a few more different things.

Words - 160

PBE CW

Billybolo53 user name

The awkward thing about this PT is that due to a clerical error (as it always is with my players), Kou Saotome hasn’t actually played a game in the SMJHL yet. But we can just say that she was having trouble with her Visa to actually play in a regular season game. But in terms of settling into Kelowna, Kou-chan’s honestly had a pretty easy time of it. While we know all about her step-mom’s family, living in Germany and all that, Kou-chan’s actually got an aunt on her dad’s side that moved to Seattle. While it’s technically in another country and still about a day’s drive to get there, there’s still something to having a family member close enough by who can help you settle in. Plus, there’s a surprisingly sizeable Japanese population in Kelowna. Instead of having her own apartment or home in the city, Kou’s been staying with a “host family” and luckily enough, one of the families that had volunteered to house players was an older couple who had moved to Kelowna from Shibetsu about 25 years ago.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

PBE Championship Week PT Affiliate

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Big Scoob has had a blast meeting his teammates! So far, everything is going well! I've been on that training grind for about a month now and I've been working up my strength! I've performed pretty well so far, although I have gotten a few penalties so far- oops... But I've done what I wanted to do so far, which was to get assists and I've gotten 2! It has been quite a large adjustment from my previous life of fighting crime and solving mysteries! But don't worry, I picked that hobby up on the streets of Saint Louis and I've been solving crime with a few new friends since I stepped foot here! I've been enjoying the city so far, especially the deep dish pizza. I usually get it with extra pickles, just the way Shaggy likes it. Our team has been doing quite well and I'm hoping to continue moving forward with them and maybe even get a goal or two in the near future!

Word Count: 167
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 12:11 AM by aidenmiz.)

I'm settling in pretty well into the Maine Timber. We're a very friendly and fun community to be in, and I'm happy to be a big tree for the Timber. I'm pretty happy with how big diesel Shaq is doing so far, he had a career high of a 62 overall grade a couple games ago. He also recently had his first assist, and I hope he smacks in a goal soon. Shaq is having trouble with inconsistency though, some games he does nothing, other games he does a lot. I'm very pleased with his defense, he has a decent amount of steals and blocks. I'm thinking about increasing his offense though, he needs to be more of an offensive weapon. In a couple seasons, I imagine him to be an offensive playmaker and dominant defensive player. The more he plays, the better he gets, he's not only gonna be the best player in the SMJHL, he's gonna reach Gretsky status, beware.

Word count 162!!!!!!!!

[Image: TPPfR7m.png]
credit to @Carpy48!

I have settled into life in the SMJHL quite well. While the results aren’t exactly there yet, I am learning new things and always looking to improve. I still haven’t managed to score my first point in the regular season, but my team, the Citadelles are 1st in the league. I’m a team player and would much rather see team success than personal success so I am very excited about how we have performed so far. The level of play in the SMJHL has been a big jump from what I am used to. Now, I am facing players with more than 3 extra years of experience than myself, and it is incredibly competitive. To some people, it may be discouraging to be drafted late, get limited ice time, and still be scoreless 8 games into the season, but I just take it in stride. I could be getting 0 minutes of ice time for all I care, as long as the team is still winning. (178 words)

[Image: wMOao8d.png]

Kurri had an insane preseason, scoring a bunch of goals despite being a noted non-goal scorer or even point getter. He was looking at being a great offensive producer going into the season, along with not being a defensive liability which would be pretty cool as well. Then I guess other teams caught on to the old wraparound trick because Kurri has like 1 goal and 1 point through 8 or 9 games. He's been ok defensively, nothing special, and we're looking more like the "rookie that doesn't show up much on the scoresheet or do anything notable" kind of season from Kurri. Its kind of to be expected with a rookie but you always hope you just go off and win some awards and push your team to glory. There's still time but my hopes are low. We traded for nic so that's cool.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

The Berzerkers have come out flying to start the season. While Pasta has been up and down in terms of his performance, he has managed to put up a few points, including his first official SMJHL goal as part of a winning effort. More in line with his identity as a player, Pasta has been racking up the hits, proving to be quite a punishing blueliner. 26 hits and 11 blocks in 10 games means lots of time in the ice bath, but the winning record makes it worthwhile. Meanwhile, off the ice, many an evening is spent at the pub getting to know each other as linemates, defensive pairings and friends. More than one night has ended with a chugging contest, usually with the rookies picking up the loss as well as the tab. That being said, the veterans on the team have been excellent mentors and have had a huge role in the rookies becoming contributing members of the team.

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: duncan_png.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 07:02 PM by yonggarius.)

ISFL PT

Tirrell's experience so far has been better than he could've hoped for. Racking up 5 assists in the preseason Tirrell was starting to live up to the hype and produce some points like he was expected to. With first line minutes right out of the gate Tirrell has been living the dream like he never expected. His team, the Anaheim Outlaws are off to a rocky start, starting 4-6-1, but that is almost to be expected with four rookie defensemen, two being on the first pair. Off the ice Tirrell has been doing his best to find things to do in his new city. He looks forward to going to Disneyland once the pandemic settles down, but in the meantime AJ has been enjoying the cuisine around the area. Tirrell has been seen in multiple Anaheim restaurants, including California Pizza Place, Original pancake House and more local food joints. This is very much to the dismay of the Anaheim trainer and coaching staff and time will tell if it causes any problems.

(176 words)

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]

Granny PanPan has had a rougb start, as have the Carolina Kraken as a whole with a 3-6-0 record. I only have 1 assist in 9 games, and have not been pulling my weight defensively with a -5 and 39% corsi rating, but I have hope that once I get through the growing pains things will get better and I'll start being able to contribute to the team more. Despite the woes in both ends of the ice, PanPan is tied for 2nd on the Kraken in hits with 19, but is just having trouble making plays with the puck once he gets it. I've enjoyed my time in Carolina and the SHL altogether, as everybody has been super friendly and welcoming. This made the choice of wear to sign as a free agent a very difficult one, as everyone was really nice and I didn't want to say no to anybody. Overall I'm happy with my choice to go to Carolina, and am excited to see what the future brings