Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #2 - Settling In

It's been a bit of an adjustment for Sekai Wollker so far in his Junior career both on and off the ice. As different as Hoth and Tattooine was the move from Iceland to Anaheim but our dude is making the best of it. Practice in the morning, beach training in the evening, it's settling into a routine for sure. Limiting the goofy shakes to a few times a week... Space mountain rides a few more... The beginning of the season has been a bit of a shock. Anaheim is already through the first few updates of a major rookie rebuild and some chemistry is finally happening now that players are getting to know each other. Strengths are forming and the defense are definitely trying to find their way in the new world. Sekai hopes that with diligent training the numbers will start to come but he is happy so far with his rookie showing. Next year Anaheim will be a force.

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

"While it's only been a handful of games, I know I need to get better," Nevada Battleborn defender Eero Makela said. "Need to hit more. Need to block more shots, poke check better."

"The transition to this league has not been easy," he continued. "Players are big and strong, go hard to the net. My job is to keep the puck out of our net and get it up to the skilled guys. The best way to do that is to get harder, better, faster, stronger."

"I have never put up a lot of points, and never expect to," he finished. "But seeing the talent in this league, I think with a little time, I can become a dominant player, someone other teams are afraid to get close to, because they know that I'll take their goddamn heads off."

Makela turns away and puts on an old Daft Punk disc and starts lifting weights. He can be heard muttering, "Harder, better, faster, stronger."

Aleksandrs entered the SMJHL's 58th season as one of the highly touted rookies, having just been selected first overall by the Newfoundland Berserkers. Ten games in and his team find themselves chasing only the Quebec City Cittadelles in their conference and division, and Balcers is enjoying the ride while getting acclimated to this new level of hockey. Despite being an offensively minded defenceman, Aleksandrs has only put up 1 assist in his first ten SMJHL games. However, when you look at the advanced statistics a different story is told. You can see that when he is on the ice the team is playing a strong two-way game, generating tons of offense while not falling asleep on defense.

In terms of the team and the city, Aleksandrs is loving it. The fans are devoted and vocally supportive, and while the city feels a bit isolated from the rest of the SMJHL, the team has bonded together like brothers already in their short time together.

[Image: B30KzMa.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

PBE Affiliation (Username: Emi)
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 08:12 PM by micool132.)

It has now been 2 weeks since I fell out from the terrorvotex and landed in this strange hockey land where ice is not only used to lock chaos wizards, but to put blades on our feets to defeat our ennemies. My powerful allies are what seems to be ancient lizards people from another world, but they are really kind and welcomed me to their "dino crew". The easiest part for a noble knight like me is obviously defending our realm "Goalie" from adverse attackers, searching for mighty power to defeat ultimate evil (earn TPEs) and to wield steel blades on my feets.

The hardest part of my adaptation so far is not having to fight chaos wizards. Usually they prophetically follow my lineage wherever we exist, but in this stange realm everyone seems friendly... they must hide their strings to Sargothrax... Also the hardest part of playing in this hockey league is finding a good balance between warning my allies of the dangers of chaos wizards rising and practicing my hockey. I wish I could find the hammer of glory to send these pucks into the net at thunder striking speed. I also suspect one of my coach to be the reincarnation of the Hollywood Hootsman but that will be for another time dear diary.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

As a bear in a new human city it has taken quite a lot to get used. The hockey playing has been fine my teammates of very respectful in practice almost as if they are intimidated by an 8' tall armoured polar bear. But like I said living in the human city has proven to be challenging. Transportation for bears is largely nonexistent and so I either have to walk or hire a pickup truck with his strong enough rear axle to carry me round. Finding accommodation was also a problem I did not want to live in a condo or apartment And so finding a good allies cave in the Louis area near to both practice and the stadium is a problem. In the end I was able with the help some of the staff at the team to find a place to live and to have a driver ready to pick me up and take me to work ever I want to go. I think I am now sitting here and on the ice I am nearly ready the of my job as goalkeeper for Saint Louis Scarecrows.

WC 190

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

Written option: Talk about how you have settled into life so far in the SMJHL, on and/or off the ice. How have you performed in this early portion of the season? Has the level of play been a huge adjustment? Are you enjoying the city itself? (These aren't questions you're required to answer; they're just possible prompts) (150+ words).

For Shane Duffy Jr., his time in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League has been going just swimmingly. On the locker room side of the things, he has been having a blast with his time. His teammates have helped him fit right in despite him not having the most hockeysome background and he loves the city of Quebec. He has enjoyed doing all the site seeing, getting to see the Citadelle of Quebec City and the like. On the ice side of things he’s having just as much of a blast. His team, the Citadelles are absolutely bossing it out on the ice boasting a best in the league record of 10-1-1, with their two losses being super close. For SDJ himself he has contributed 2 goals and 5 assists to the team, which he is buzzing with considering he hasn’t been getting the most ice time because he kinda sucks. All in all though it’s safe to say Duffy Jr has been having a pretty fun time so far in the SMJHL

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Kelowna has been a great team, nice locker room and all. Despite being the backup, I actually have been playing better than my starter, who was quite good last season, and I have been very happy with my performance over the ice. Blue's living in Kelowna has been very nice, there are many great parks that Blue has been enjoying in his everyday life, taking walks is very mentally healthy, The food there is very nice too, Blue has been able to spend lots of time with his new teammates looking for new delicacies and extravagant foods to eat, which have all been very enjoyable. for example, there is some great restaurants with various asian foods, like Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, and Filipino to name a few. Blue has been able to get pretty close to his teammates during this time and is very happy to be doing well in the team.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Returning to Vancouver was a surprise for Saint-Michel as draft boards had him going earlier than the 9th pick. Nevertheless, the team welcomed him back with open arms, especially Captain Valtterri Kaupinnen, who had a sign ready in front of the teams training facilities saying “Bienvenue à la maison, Alexis” (Welcome Home, Alexis when translated). It was a beautiful little moment that Alexis treasures greatly, glad to be back playing for the organisation that gave him a chance in the first place.

Until recently, Alexis would describe his play as sub-standard. While granted the entire team has struggled for a number of reasons including multiple back to backs and being up against the best teams in the SMJHL for the first part of the season, that didn’t stop ASM from feeling like he had let Vancouver down with poor play and lack of points. That is until recently with 5 points in 2 games and working closely with Captain Koopa and Narboza Manyhands to improve his play, Saint-Michel is looking forward to the rest of the season and continues to have his sights set on the rookie of the year award.

**191 words**

Being on the Maine Timber has been a blast. The Locker Room is always active, the experience has been awesome, and since the agent of Maxime Allard has been gone a while, getting back into the swing of things has been super easy due to this experience. On the ice, Maxime is having himself a lot of fun, originally he was poised to be the third line center but after showing his consistency to improve and his knack for success, the team decided to jump him up to the second line. While he's no-where close to a PPG player, he's attributed positively to his face-off wins and his assisting of goals. Because of this, he has helped the team win some crucial games, and has helped with his face-offs to win crucial must-win draws that could've provided a different outcome if not won. Overall, the experience has been amazing, the team is exceptional, and it would be all thanks to everyone on the Timber for making a rookie year so memorable.

It's been a lot of fun early in the SMJHL season - I've enjoyed being a part of the Maine locker room and watching our team play. I think I've gotten past some of the early hurdles in adjusting to a new league and the on-ice results have started to come with 3 goals and 6 points so far. I mean... I'm used to putting up better numbers and I would like to be more of an impact player, but all things considered - this is my rookie season on a rebuilding team in a tough league - I can't complain too much. Maine is a young team but we've got a lot of hard working players, training and working towards being a competitive team in the next couple of seasons. Despite our record, there have been some games this year that we have been really close to pulling off, and I know we'll get better as time goes on. I think it's a great situation for me and I'm looking forward to being a part of the future with the Timber!

Code:
179 words

[Image: L84RdJj.png]

[Image: Sugars2.png]

ISFL