Create Account

S58 PT #2 Payday!

My first SHL pay check. This just happened to me. I was drafted last in the SHL draft and they let me go for free. After five seasons in the minors I had to beg SHL general managers to give me a chance. Getting my battered hands on this check… yes I asked for a physical check… was the moment it hit me. I’m a professional now. I’m being paid real money to do what I love. “What are you going to do with it?” coach asked. I knew right away. So many people doubted me but one in particular, JNH. With my first pay check I bought a billboard right on his commute saying “Never let talent less has beens hold you back” with the syndicate logo in mud with a tire mark over it. To make sure he saw it I doubled up and stuck one up on the road to his mother’s house too. Just to make sure.

Words: 160

@JNH

[Image: livius.gif]

Its payday bitches!! And you know what that means, time to BLOW ALL MY MONEY IN ONE NIGHT. Firstly i buy a tiger, why? cause i want one to flex on you, second i plan on going to the strip club and burning through about 60% of my pay check. Then i will hit up the club and raise a tab of a couple thousands, basically drinking my own weight in booze, then i stumble out of the club, call an uber; wake up guess what im in new orleans now; what do i do with this? Buy a crap load of drugs and keep partying. Oh shit i gotta get back home for Vancouver's regular season games, so i buy a private jet and fly back. At this point im running low on money so i spend the last couple thousand on paying my child support, man that do be setting me back sometimes. well looks like im poor again time to get back on the ice

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Honestly, I am kind of boring.  I was almost ready to buy a condo and a new car in Balitmore, but then they told me I needed to spend one more season in Vancouver and I am still renting there. I am big on being outdoors, so with every paycheck I make one "splurge" purchase on something related to hiking or kayaking. With winter pushing in, I am upgrading all my winter wear as the stuff I originally bought has worn down a bit since I arrived here three seasons ago. I felt like I was eating out too much and most of the meals I learned to make back home are good but not the healthiest stuff on the planet, at least according to the team nutritionist. Taking a cooking class is tough to do on the league schedule so I am using some of my latest pay to hire a student chef from the local culinary academy to broaden my cooking horizons. It's a lot of fun, but I think it's about to get a lot more expensive because I am now taking Kayla out to dinner this weekend.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

In the SHL, the demands of being a professional come with a pretty high price tag. And unfortunately, due to a pretty tight budget, pay day isn't exactly as exciting as it might sound. While many players are making millions each season, those dollars don't really stretch when you consider all of the necessary expenses to be a top notch player. First, we have to invest in individual coaching and weight lifting. Having someone there to work with us outside of our everyday coaching staff allows us to grow week to week. If we didn't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars each week on improving ourselves as professionals, we might not reach the goals that we have set for ourselves as players. Not only can coaching be expensive, but so too can equipment. For every guy around the league, this is a real personal choice. Not everyone can afford to have the newest set of skates or the state of the art stick that was just released. However, for those of us that really strive to be top talents at all levels, we can't skimp on our equipment.

By the time payday money has been allocated to coaching, training and equipment, I have a modest amount of money to go down to the local convenience store and pick up a 99 cent hotdog. Sheesh.

(228 words)

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

I think it's always important to be wise with money, hence since this is a sim league and overall just a fantasy, let's spend some money like there's no next week eh? So first off, gotta get that new PS5. When we're not grinding out on the ice or in team meetings or in the gym, gotta get our games on. Chel with the boys is something we gotta do, and the new PS5 would be dope. I'd also invest in the new "EA College Football" to make sure they don't have the Madden Devs work on the college game, or else it's guaranteed to be bad. Would also get a new car to get me to the rink faster, dunno what model I'd get though. Maybe a Camaro or something. But I'd probably also buy something nice for our goalies. They have to deal with a lot of shit, so maybe some recovery tech stuff. Want them to be playing at their peak so the team can win games.

I went from living in New Orleans to living in Calgary. The end of the season last season I decided to stay in a condo that the team was happy enough to set up and settle me in. But now that I am going to be here for a little while I am going to be getting myself a house. I have to talk to the guys, Boris Poroshenko and Kennedy and Marner and see where they stay around Calgary. A little gated community with all the boys where we can hang out and chill even outside the rink would be perfect for me. Or even a condo where we all live in the same building, if thats what they have I might have to go in and live with the guys. A nice house in Calgary is a little more expensive than in New Orleans but it is very impressive when you show it to the ladies. Gotta find myself a honey in Calgary and try to settle down. Might be my home here in Canada for more than just the 3 years I have left on my contract, who knows what the future holds. If I knock a lady up, gonna have to pay for the baby and the other expenses that come with it and just stick around in Alberta.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Akira Ren has been in the league for quite a while now and has had a few paydays over the course of his career. This season he made a good chunk of change however since the league had implemented more money for individuals who have something called high TPE. He was excited to spend his newfound riches and after purchasing the typical expensive SHL equipment which needs to be replaced every season he had a bit of money left over. At first, he wanted to invest in the housing market but some of his teammates on Chicago told him he needed to put all of his money in something called GME. Which appeared to be a stock associated with a video game selling company. His teammates really liked the stock and were convinced that it was going to the moon. Therefore, he put all of his leftover contract money in the stock. However, he forgot to monitor the stock and lost a ton of money. But on the bright side his team now calls him Diamond Hands which is much preferable to his previous nickname cement hands.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 05:00 PM by .Laser.)

With the money that James Kimanje got from his contract with the Winnipeg Aurora this season, he wouldn't need much honestly. He owns his in-season home in Winnipeg, a condo in a towering skyscraper a half mile from the rink, and also owns his off-season home in Nevada, about an hour outside of Las Vegas. However, the one thing that he really does need is a good car. He currently owns a 2020 BMW Model 3, which is a good car, but the machine has over a million miles on it at this point. James loves fast old cars, and in fact has a plan for how he'll spend this money. He has more than enough to support himself for seasons after his retirement already and his next two seasons are guaranteed as well, so James has purchased 30 acres of land in the Nevada desert right next to his offseason home and plans to build a racetrack and garage to house the new cars he will purchase. The first item in his collection will be a 2017 Dodge Viper with a Hellcat V8 engine, and he'll be very careful with it.

Code:
192 words

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

After signing an extension that came into effect in the season fifty eight offseason for three million dollars over three seasons Mats Marner had more money then he had ever had in his life. What he did with his paycheck was first buy a house in Calgary after finishing his rookie season as he expects to be in Calgary long term now. Marner had not spent any of the fifteen million from. Marner also got himself a nice cottage just north west of Calgary in the Jasper and Banff region to spend his summer boating, hiking, fishing, stargazing, having camp fires and much more outdoor fun. He also made sure to help pay off the rest of his mom mortgage on her house she has had for over twenty years so that she could finally be debt free and retire. The rest Marner put into the bank to invest money and save as he has not spent much money from his entry level contract and still had much of the original fifteen million he made as well.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Listen, we make a lot of money to play a game. I don't forget for a second the envious position I am in. I don't want to be stupid with my money, but I'm also going to enjoy it because I work damn hard for it.

The first thing I use my money for in the off-season is to pay my personal trainer. He has created a personal training plan that helps me improve my skills and gets me ready for the season. It's an invaluable expense and one I do every off-season. The next thing I do with my money is donate some to the local children's hospital. I'll help them fund some new research, get new equipment, or stock up the entertainment areas with a bunch of games, toys, and lounge furniture. I admire every person and child in that place and want to help as much as I can.

Finally, at the end of the off-season, I take my friends and family on a trip somewhere as one final get together before I settle in for the new season. I cover the travel and lodging and make sure everyone can come and enjoy themselves. That, to me, is the benefit of making good money.

(207 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- -1] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 4]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

So first thing Bork Lazer does when he gets his fat paycheck every season from the Hamilton Steelhawks is he goes and gets a bunch of hookers and blow. It's off season so it's ok to party a little bit. Then after that head back to my dude who has the best steroids and performance enhancing drugs. Get nice and juicey during training camp and then off cycle right before the testing process so you know your boy is ready to smash heads at the start of the season. Oh and I might buy my mom and new car or something. Gotta do right by the one who raised you. That's what real chads do. I also try to make a trip out to anchorage and party with the homies. Anchorage had the best party scene in the simulation hockey league so all the boat brothers go back after payday and jet lose for a day or two.

[Image: lazer2.png]

Well I am as guilty as the next guy, I love money and I love to spend it.  Becoming an SHL'er now going on my third season I have had close to twelve million dollars handed to me by the Edmonton Blizzard.  I drove into that season 54 draft with a Honda CRV which I guess is not too bad considering my age at the time and my income which was nothing to brag about.

In my first season with the Blizzard I signed a  contract signed worth $3,5 million and I wasted no time trading in my Honda for one of these here.  A 2012 Pagani Huayra which set me back just over one million dollars.  Being a single ladies man and only eighteen years of age, it seemed to me that a house or condo was not my top priority at the given time.

In my second season still living off some of last years contract I decided to add to my collection and purchased a newer car.  A 2015  Koenigsegg One: 1 seen here set me back a mere two million dollars.  

I know what you're thinking, alright in my third season I decided to buy a house, my parents were tiered of me hording their garage so I purchased a home.  This property located just a 31 minute drive from the Edmonton Rogers arena cost me four million dollars and i am loving every inch of it.  Butlers, maids and gardeners cost me a grand total of seven thousand a month in salaries and I also provide them with rooms for the week.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Lol you think that i am going to give you a funny and original answer? Hell no, I am going to give you the lamest and most adult response you can possibly hope for. I need to save up my 8,5m coach training for this season. Even with the 600k twitter weekly upgrade I still won't be able to get to it. I will need to push some blood written medias when the time comes(aka double media). Right now, with the 1m per week and the 600k twitter, I will need to write about 2.5k words before the end of the playoffs. I might be able to pull it off if I get some help from my friends and teammates @leafs1997 and @Titan with interviewer R. I have heard he was looking for some thick interview time with the boys and I believe we may be able to give him just that. Also, hookers and cocaine.

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

The Winnipeg Aurora have ran out of money to pay their players this season due to the new rebranding. They did sorta pay us in free skates, sticks, gloves, and free pucks to use during practice. Yea.. they use to make us pay for the pucks we used during practice. When the Winnipeg Jets were a team before I came into the ice for them... and I was just a lonely prospect and I would come and practice with the Winnipeg team, they told me to bring my own pucks. So in Detroit I had to get permission to steal a bag of pucks to use for practice! I made sure they were game pucks with the logo on it so I could return it. And I always had the correct amount of pucks to take back because the GMs made me clean up the pucks after practice. The team loved having me around. Now a days, in my second season in Winnipeg. I have an idea with next seasons paycheck. I will be buying pucks for the future players so they do not have do what I did! 

(189 Words)

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

In the beginning of my career it was all about getting those prized possessions that just about everyone desires. Now that I have made enough money to buy a home in Los Angeles, a sick ass car to drive, and even my own personal yacht- life is now about saving. I need to think about what's next and what comes after the game is over for me. I am focused on building a hefty retirement sum as well as smartly investing my money so that it can continue to pay me back for years to come. I look at life and see that I've been gifted money that can not only last for the rest of my life but also my children and their children as well. That being said, I do like to spend on myself from time to time and recently got a cryo-chamber to help with my sore muscles after each game.

158 words

[Image: p82ugau.png]