Create Account

S58 PT #2 Payday!

The first priority for Nicholas Owens is to get his personal coaching. Getting better at the game is always something on his mind and getting coaching from a legend is an opportunity that most people don't get the chance to so naturally it cost a ton of money. It's also not an opportunity Owens can afford every season unfortunately. Before getting my updater job, money was a bit scarce for me since I don't have much motivation nor time to write media anymore. Although much of the extra money is going to go into training, coaching for next season, and potentially trading cards in the future, there is always some few thousand laying around for luxury. Nicholas Owens isn't really one to care for luxury items but he knews he has some friends who do so some of that goes to getting them gifts. Another thing is donating. If you aren't using the extra cash, why not give it someone who will?

Pay day is super exciting for Jaska Seppala who plays for the Buffalo Stampede of the Simulation Hockey League. However, playing in the simulation hockey league comes at an extreme cost. It costs 1M a *week* to train. Thats honestly insane! On top of that we have a personal coach that we can buy for a mear eight and a half million dollars. So for payday you know what Jaska Seppala does? He pays his entire paycheck back into the league. SHL is very much a rich prosper and the poor suffer league which is why we need to instill Communism into the league. For most of us payday means nothing because of the shear cost it requires to stay relevant in the league. For payday Jaska Seppala gets to go to his second job which is necessary for most players and buy his one grain of rice that lasts the whole week

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

With my pay I intend on treating my teammates well. We haven't started off on a good foot here in Seattle as Thor has been struggling between the pipes aside from a few lights out performances against the New Orleans Specters and the Buffalo Stampede. Similarly our top line has been near or at the bottom of the league when it comes to PDO ratings and they could certainly use a nice dinner out as a way to bounce back effectively in the next week or so where we'll be playing many important games against division rivals and many top teams across the league. It is crucial to get into a positive mental space with good karma down the stretch where teams are going to be aiming to have a mental edge on us and attempting to get into our heads so they can bring us down prior to our future games against them. In an attempt to circumvent that we should get a lead on things early by enjoying ourselves.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

What does any self respecting do with there hard earned paycheck? Blow it on a lotto ticket where your chances are so slim of winning that it'd be easier to just dig a big hole and throw your money into it. No I'm kidding, in reality Justin Keahi spends his money like anyone else in the SHL does. On Bad Dragon dildoes. Now, he doesn't purchase the dildos them selves. No, the money goes to the stocks. Bad Dragon's are taking over the dildo market, and you would be a fool to have to ignore the money making opportunity. Plus with buying stock, you are potentially supporting sex workers, which is always a plus. So buy your Bad Dragon stock now, and help support sex workers and the dildo market! Buying your first 10 shares will give you a free Bad Dragon product of your choice. It could be a dildo, a t-shirt, a hat, or even a pint of cum lube! So spend your hard earned pay check on dildos!

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

With the new Simulation Hockey League contract rules coming into effect a couple of seasons ago, I have been forced to take a pay raise from four million dollars to six million dollars, necessitating Buffalo to begin to partake in salary cap gymnastics, specifically making everyone else take minimum deals, as well as not having as deep as a contract pool as is usual for the Buffalo Stampede. With my extra money, I am making from the Buffalo Stampede, I am giving back to the poor, specifically @Zombiewolf who does not make six million dollars a season. I am also bribing the Simulation Hockey League Head Office to begin plans for playoff expansion or divisional realignment, as it is likely that the team that finishes fourth in the Great Lakes will finish fifth in the entire league but still miss playoffs. With any of my extra leftover contract money, I will give back to Buffalo by increasing the quality and the amount of meow mix that @WannabeFinn feeds me, @Grum, and @Ferda.

Quote:172 words

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Farley Hank wildest dreams have just become true, he is on the up and up, being drafted into SHL and playing for one of the most talented minor league teams is exactly all luck y'know. And just recently, he has for the very first time, received some of that big league money everyone dreams about. And very naturally, the 22 year old right defenseman was very unsure on just how to start spending that cash. He now possessed more money then he could've ever dreamed about, and yet he is still very unsure on how to begin. One of his first inclinations was go browse every mall nearby and buy everything to his heart's content, though, it just so happens that every mall nearby is closed. Off to the Internet then! Hank began his mission to browse his favorite online shopping sites as carelessly as can be, and then suddenly, despites his brain's best advice, he began buying. And by the morning Hank had realized he made some of the most confounding decisions of his life, topped off with a brand new jet ski.

I am buying new laces for my skates.  I've been using these old twines for over ten seasons now and they are starting to fall apart. I'm thinking something really flashy, like literally reflective threads. I want to cause a moment of confusion when they see me coming. "Are those laces reflective?" Boom, takeaway.

I think they should also be smelly. Like, no one is going to expect that my laces smell bad, so it will take so much real estate trying to figure out just what smells so bad. I have some budget left over for fish oils and durian which should do the trick.

Unfortunately, coating my laces in oil means they aren't going to stay tied all too well. However, I'm already playing with laces that are barely staying in tact, so it's nothing new. Same old untied skates, but this time with the flashy and stinky wow factor of the year 2021.

For good measure, I'll also just get some regular normal laces underneath but use every other hole. So it'll crisscross stinky and normal, just like my streaky playstyle.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

[Image: HhV8ajS.png]

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

Ethan Price is known as an avid gambler. The man constantly blows through thousands of dollars per week betting on sporting events, playing blackjack as well as occasionally keno. After receiving his contract pay the first thing that he did was head straight off to Las Vegas and spent the week at Caesar's Palace blowing through his newfound wealth at the blackjack table. He's come up with a strategy that's impossible to lose money with. If you bet a thousand dollars and lose, you then bet two thousand dollars, if you lose that then you go up to four thousand and so on and so on. As long as you have enough money to use, you're almost statistically guaranteed to win in the end. Using this strategy he's managed to double his earnings for the year and will be able to better train himself in the off-season by purchasing better coaches and trainers to assist him.

Human currency was one of the things that I most struggled with as I adjusted to life on earth. Most of human society has moved beyond slaervy, outside of making shoes in sweatshops, building World Cup stadiums, and working at retail outlets, and thus has changed into a barter system where they work to receive slips of paper, metal tokens, or many times, electronic ones an zeros that represent these things. They were not edible (or least not in any meaningful way), and did not serve much of a function beside being tradeable for goods and services. A most barbaric way of dealing with things. I had heard rumours of digital gold and programmable money, but it appeared that not enough of the human population had "aped" into these things yet for them to dominate society. I suspect that this will happen quicker than they suspect.

At first I exchanged the bare minimum of human currency for neural upgrades, but eventually it was discovered that there were going to be new collectibles released that I could exchange them for - called hockey cards. Sardang has a long history of collectibles and with programmable money becoming an ever larger part of human culture , and the rise of non-fungible tokens becoming a much larger part of society as well, I decided to save up all of my human currency to spend on whatever the human Gary Vee tells me to buy, starting with NBA Top Shots.

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

luffy is about to spend his paycheck and it's on something that is pretty ridiculous. Thats right this man can barely afford the basics of life since buffalo pays him the sweet bare minimum his entire career even tho he is currently on track to be a first-ballot hall of famer. Every single paycheck goes straight back into the system, to sustain the lifestyle that luffy needs to compete at the highest echelons of the SHL. His entire paycheck from the stampede goes directly into his equipment every single year, and it doesn't even cover half of it! You would think somebody so talented and literally won a challenge cup while scoring the overtime winner in game seven would be able to afford all the lavish things in life. Nope this poor shmuck is stuck living day 2 day and thankfully the team feeds him or he would be dead in the ground.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I never have enough frickin money! Due to bad debt and a lot of questionable investment strategies, Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette does not exactly have a lot of disposable income. I have to cut a lot of corners to make sure I have enough money to pay for training, even though I am one of the higher paid players on the Baltimore Platoon.

LPLL does all his own shopping for food, and often makes sure to buy off brand food because its a lot cheaper. However, he does always buy the top brand spaghetti sauce, because Ragu tastes like absolute shit. He does also buy car maintenance bits for his Ferrari, since its where he put all of his disposable income so he might as well make sure he can use it. He never even uses it, because he is too afraid that it will get scratched up when he takes it out and he probably couldnt afford the repair cost of it

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

Hutton puts a lot of it towards his old rink in Estevan, and then of course buys a shiny new car and house in New Orleans. Of course, to local media, he now looks like a bit of an A-Hole due to his location of purchase. That is a reputation for the Specters to repair, really. 
Then, the rest of the money he spent on random things he could think of. The bouncing ball on the paddle, propeller hat, some firecrackers too, just to see. Some new additions to his car as well, I heard he got nitrous pumped into it, for no reason. Between you and I, I don’t think he knows what nitrous does, or is for. Or how it works. There is just no way that ends well.
Some new rims were added, Specters purple while the rest of the car blacked out. He also ended up with a nice, new, shiny exhaust pipe, because everyone knows cool = loud.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 01:08 AM by FlappyGiraffe.)

[Image: 9W37YVi.png]

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]