Create Account

(Graded) Deep Dive #2 Rookies Without A Goal
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2021, 05:06 PM by StamkosFan.)

With every team playing at least 16 games I figured it would be interesting to take a look at some the S59 rookies who have yet to tally a goal this season and speculate why they haven't scored yet. This will only apply to players with at least 8 games played. I will not be doing every single rookie as that would be way more than the required 500 words but hopefully someone can piggyback off this idea and finish it if they need a deep dive topic.

1. Anaheim- RW Jack Micro. Micro has tallied two assists but has yet to find the back of the net. Micro has really good physical ratings for a rookie and put a lot of tpe in that aspect of his game. With low shooting accuracy (7) and range (6), it makes sense why Micro hasn't scored yet, however they are set up to be great defensively and I'm sure the goals will come with time and updates and Micro will be a force to be reckoned with.

2. Anchorage- LD Valdis Vejonis. Valdis has only played in 11 games so far and is a defenseman with 155 TPE, so no surprise they haven't scored yet. They have very balanced stats all around with literally almost all stats being 9 or 10. I have seen the user BoloBill active on the forums so updates will be coming and I wouldn't expect to wait too long to see a goal from Vejonis. 

3. Carolina- LW Cormac Ponaire. Ponaire plays for a struggling Kraken team and barely gets any ice time. Only averaging 8 minutes per game with no power play time. Ponaire seems to have invested most of their TPE so far into their defensive game and although being created as a left wing has been playing center. However with every offensive stat besides shooting range (8) being a 9 or above its only a matter of time before the rook pots one.

4. Carolina- LD Granny PanPan. Another rookie from Carolina without a goal, this time a defenseman. PanPan receives over double the icetime of his teammate ponaire, but has yet to find the net. Although PanPan gets significantly more ice time they still get no powerplay time. Granny has 14 shots on net and if they keep up that pace they are bound to score one eventually. One thing to note is that PanPan posses 11 shooting range while only having a 5 shooting accuracy. I've heard that shooting range for defensemen is much more important than accuracy but perhaps this is an example of the opposite.  

5. Carolina - LW Twelve Forty-Seven Fifteen. Another Kraken rookie having trouble finding their scoring touch. Twelve has generated chances, taking over twenty shots but cant seem to burry one for the life of them. This is surprising however because Fifteen has a 12 rating in both shooting accuracy and range. They don't have the greatest defensive stats so offensive production is important to their success. This one is strange and I expect a goal soon from Twelve. I personally chalk it down to the randomness of the sim.

6. Colorado- RW Jack Nishimori. The Kraken finally ran out of scoreless rookies so I'm finishing off this list with a Colorado right winger. Nishimori averages a little over 16 mintes per game and even gets a small amount of time on the powerplay. They have a surprisingly low 17 shots on goal for someone with that amount of ice time. Jack invested more training in the physical side of his game rather than shooting but should still expect their first goal anytime now with the time on ice they get.

Approved +5 TPE @FnoRespect

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]