Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #3 - Adversary Analysis

ISFL

My player has really struggled against the Anaheim Outlaws in his young career. As a DFA with Carolina last season, von Gucci and the Kraken saw an early exit from the playoffs at the hands of Anaheim. Despite von Gucci playing decently in the series, my team went down in 5 games and it was definitely a performance to forget. Fast forward to this season, and von Gucci now calls St. Louis home, but he and his team still can’t seem to get past Anaheim. It doesn’t make the most sense either, as Anaheim hasn’t exactly been performing as well as expected this season. Most recently however, Anaheim drubbed von Gucci and the Scarecrows 7-1 in St. Louis. This isn’t a pattern that I want to see continue through the season, and hopefully we can right the ship and I can spend the rest of my SMJHL career picking on Anaheim the way they’ve done von Gucci and his teammates in the last season or so of SMJHL play.

Code:
169 words

[Image: gucci57541.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 04:28 PM by R_C_S.)

My team, the Saint Louis Scarecrows, has had a recent issue with Nevada! The past few games with them have been especially rough! In one, we were winning right up until 10 minutes were left in the 3rd period. They tied it up 3-3, but then the game ended up in overtime where nobody scored! We lost in the shootout, and it was very unfortunate, especially since we were doing very well at the beginning of the match. I think the dynamic of NBB and STL is quite nice, and we have had some toss-up games against them. One team that I think everyone is struggling against is QCC! They are first in their conference and the entire league! I don't believe we have beat them, but I do recall having a game that we did well against them and then lost it at the end. That seems to be a major problem for STL. Sometimes we start out with a strong lead and then lose it in the last half of the 2nd and 3rd periods.

177 Words

The Newfoundland Berserkers and the Maine Timber both play in the same division in the SMJHL and have developed something of a rivalry in the past few seasons. This season, the Berserkers have proven to have the number of their rivals on the three occasions they have met so far. Newfoundland pride themselves on a strong rotation, not relying heavily on any one line or defensive pairing. This quality throughout the depth chart has proven vital for the Berserkers against the Timber, as they have worn them down in all three contests. The first meeting between the teams ended 1-0 to Newfoundland but could have been more had it not been for stellar goaltending from Maine. More recently, the Berserkers have shown their class, winning 6-1 followed by 4-0 to really hammer home the dominance of their rivals. With three meetings still to come this season, Newfound will be looking to continue to put the points on the board. As it stands now in the first three games, they have scored 11 goals and conceded only 1, with 2 shutouts. The Timber will have to go back to the drawing board to figure out how to solve the problem of the Berserkers.

[Image: 2zDDned.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid429746

ISFL PT, username is different, I am xQCFamous over there, same person.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 10:58 PM by Exilate.)

This season so far is growing pains for the Kraken. We have a very young core and all rookie 3rd line. I have no doubt we will be contending in the next few seasons. I have managed to score 9 goals on the season, basically all of the third line's goals. While we have struggled a lot this season, we have not struggled against the Anchorage Armada, who as you probably know, are 21-11-1 on the season. It's just fitting that we, the Carolina Kraken, are doing well against the Anchorage Armada. If you've played Sea of Thieves before, you know how deadly a kraken can be to a ship. Anyway, so far on the season we are 2-1 against the boats, with their only win coming in a 1-0 overtime win. The other games have been 4-3 and 3-2. If we can get our act together for the other 10 teams next season, we're gunning for the Four Star Cup.   Kraken

Code:
161 words

The Kelowna Knights have been very hard to beat in this season, I actually can't remember our last loss. Usually we lose when I am in net, but we win 95% of the time when the starter, Damien Vertigo, plays. He currently has an insane 20-1-1 record, which is one of the best, if not the best, in the league. My record, not so good, 7-4-0. So, based on this, I think that the best chances we have to win and the best teams we are suited to beat, is anyone that plays against my boy Vertigo. Especially the Anchorage Armada, the clearly inferior team. But, if any team is playing against me, they have a fairly good chance to win. Hopefully that will change soon. Something else that is key to out strong wins is our potent offense and iron tight defense. The offense and the defense together make for some of the best lines in the entire league.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Unfortunately the Maine Timber have performed fairly poorly against nearly every other team in the SMJHL this season. We get outshot every game and unless the goalies stand on their head we have no chance at winning. Very often we are given up anywhere from 30 - 50 shots a game, sometimes more and it is not possible to win when you are giving up shots like that. Luckily for me I stood on my head one game and was able to get a shutout which gave me a little bit of a chubbier but every other night has been letting in 5+ goals. Lucky that we get so many shots against that mine and Foryu's save percentage is still decent but it still doesn't feel good. We are a young team and hopefully it gets better but our offence and defence need to step it up very soon. Thank you for listening to my rant.

[Image: Sugars2.png]