Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #3 - Adversary Analysis

ISFL PT

[Image: duncan_png.png]

When you play for the best team in the league, it’s hard to find a team that you’ve played poorly against. The Citadelles only have 5 losses this season, with 3 of them being an OT or SO loss. We have lost to only one team twice, the Colorado Raptors. Both of these losses were SO losses and were very close games. Players in the Citadelles locker room joke about how we suck at shootouts, but unfortunately it’s not just a joke. I think our GM said we are 3-14 in shootouts all time, not exactly a great percentage. Considering we are in first place, it is surprising that the Raptors beat us twice since they are only 4th in the West division. I’m not sure yet if they have a great strategy, or if they’re just lucky, but we will find out soon. One thing I think the Citadelles definitely need to work on is shootouts, specifically our shooting. Our goalies have been pretty solid in shootouts, letting in only one goal or two at most. However, our shooters have a hard time getting one goal, let alone two or three. 

Code:
192 words

[Image: wMOao8d.png]

One of the hardest opponents for me and Anaheim Outlaws this season has been Newfoundland Berserkers. Berserkers are a very good balanced team in defence and offence, but most of Outlaws current roaster are first generation rookies so maybe that is why Outlaws lost all four games against them, but for me all of them were very interesting. In my opinion, my personal stats against them seems good. Despite four losses and struggling all four games, two of my three goals were against Berserkers, three of four games my defence rating was over seventy four and my personal best eight blocked shots was against Berserkers too. Looking forward to more match-ups with Berserkers this season, because they are a good team to see my strong sides and weaknesses, besides it will feel great to finally beat them. Hope to show good defensive performance and excel more in offence, because, apparently, I can score against them.

155 words

[Image: ieNy2MY.jpg]
Not gonna thank anyone

ISFL PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

One of the best games in my short career was against Detroit Falcons. Its always hard to play on road, but this games was fantastic for me, definitely best game of the my short SMJHL career. We won 3-0 and I scored teams first goal. At the end of game I was selected as games second star. And I think overall Detroit is pretty nice opponent for us, we started this season against them and won 3-1. Hardest opponent definitely Kelowna, two games, two loses, goal difference 2-14, shot difference in these two games were 34-99 Kelowna is very good and organised team. Game against St. Louis was hard too, we lost 2-6.Need to defend against them alot. We struggling against Carolina too, played three games vs them but all three games were very hard, but I think Carolina and Anchorage are pretty even teams, they just got lucky in last two games.

**159 words**

Drafted 59th Overall in SMJHL S58 draft by Anchorage Armada
Drafted 9th in SMJHL S60 expansion draft by Great Falls Grizzlies
Drafted 36th Overall in SHL S59 draft by Calgary Dragons

[Image: lux2.png]

While the season is still young, it’s fairly clear that almost every team’s biggest rivals is the Quebec City Citadelles. Quebec City has a 12-1-2 record, which is absolutely insane to consider. Recently defeating the Nevada Battleborn in a tightly-contested 2-1 game, Quebec got goals from Brian Davenport and Tres Somebreros, while outshooting the Battleborn by a 32-17 margin. Quebec also outhit the Battleborn, and more than doubled the Battleborn total in takeaways. What gave Nevada a fighting chance was the 14 giveaways the Citadelles committed, perhaps a sign of disdain for their SMJHL competition.

With a strong roster and depth in every position, the Citadelles are clearly the team to beat this season. Across the board, they have players who have reached the 425 TPE cap, including 2 goaltenders, 5 defensemen, and a staggering 8 forwards. They’re in it to win it, and chances are very high that they will.

Kurri is part of the second line shutdown line on the Armada and so far it has not exactly worked out. I suppose being invisible is good for that kind of line but we've been losing games, and I hope its not because of the second line. We have quite a few shutouts which is great and I'd like to take full to partial credit for that because our goalie's a bum, but Kurri has virtually no points so he is not doing particularly well against any teams. Any teams we totally smack down it is still mainly the top line and Jay sink getting all the goals for that game, so Kurri is glad to just make sure the other team doesn't come back in this. I am glad to have nic on my team and it makes beating St Louis all the sweeter, though I'm not gonna be like bloos and be a little shit about it

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Newfoundland has enjoyed a blistering start to the season, generally outshooting their opponents, as well as putting up heroic defensive efforts. The Maine Timber have fallen victim to the clearcutting nature of the Berserker play style. While the Maine Timber seem to be in the middle of a rebuild, featuring a host of new rookies, the Berserkers have not been timid taking advantage. In their two meetings, Maine has only been able to muster one goal, while giving up 7. While Maine seems to be on the way up, featuring a convincing win today against St Louis, this still stands out to me as one of the bigger mismatches for Newfoundland moving forward. There are no easy games in the SMJHL, but it does seem like Maine is a bit snake-bitten, and I, for one, hope that this trend continues. The fact that preparation for future Timber matchups features just as much preparation as for a matchup with the Citadelles speaks to the mutual respect the two teams have for each other, despite the recent lopsided outcomes.

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

The team the Colorado just are the Quebec City Citadelles. Figures, dinosaurs can't destroy fortified cities. However, we are working on evolving our claws to allow us the climb the ramparts (AKA get more TPE and score more coals). Fedor Sotakov is the sniper who will allow us to pierce the fortified position. Our veterans will yell so hard on us rookies that we will have no choice to be good. Hopefylly that culmination of effort will climax in the playoffs, when it all matters.

Les Citadelles are just a solid club overall, older players who had the time to grow into their roles and now have the leadership to hold the fort. I think Colorado will also have to rely on a hot goalie to beat them consistently. I do my part. On pratice, I make sure the goalie can get easy saves from my high velocity shots to put him in the zone. I gasp when he makes a save to make him feel like i'm impressed he even got the save and that's a huge confidence booster. Truth is, I try to score coals but I just cannot :(

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Quick infographic overview of the 4 Whalers v Citadelles matches so far this season.
QCC has hit us pretty hard so far this season but yesterday's game may be a turning point... probably not.
[Image: kOqK94Z.png]
Go whalers Whalers - Dara

The team we have struggled the most against this year are the Kelowna Knights. The first thing that could explain our struggle is probably that Kelowna his arguably the best team in the league, since they are tight for the most point and they have the best goal differential of all teams. The game has been closed and the last one even went to a shootout, but they always seem to be able to get the goals they need to be us and it’s probably because they have insane depth up front and every one of their lines can get a goal on us.

The team that we performed the best against are the Maine Timbers, we beat them in the three games we played against each other and we scored five goals in every game we play against them. We also shout them out in two games this season. They are a young team and I think our veteran presence gave us an edge in those games.

168 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

It has been a rough start for the Carolina Kraken, with an 8-17-1 record. Granny PanPan also had a fairly poor start to the season, with no goals and 4 assists in 26 games. The team has had struggles against everybody, but has seemed to hold up pretty well against the Anchorage Armada, with a 2-0-1 record against them, including a 3-2 win, a 4-3 win, and a 1-0 overtime loss. It is important to note that the Anchorage aren't a weak team, as they sport a respectable 13-10-0 record. The Kraken seem to do better against better teams, taking two wins off of the 20-4-1 Kelowna Knights, and going 1-1 against the league bottom Maine Timber. It becomes a testament to how unpredictable the sport is, and how no matter how well teams match up on paper it's impossible to know what's going to happen until it does. Except Quebec City they just run over us every game but they do that to everybody we're not special

Shirakami Fubuki has not had the best of starts to her life in the SMJHL. She's currently a lowly 5 points which is 2 goals and 3 assists in 26 games. The worst stat by far for her has been Plus/Minus now i know people say this stat does not count and i usually think this however, it shows that she has been a detriment to the team so far as she's been on the ice 25 times when another team has scored against her.

Now,let's look into the 9th game we played this season against the Newfoundland Bersekers. This game was very odd for Shirakami Fubuki as she had put up a point which is good for her. However, she once again showed her lack of a consistent enough two-way game which caused the other team to be able to score. She's been like this in a few matches but this one shows how her defence needs to be worked on as she continues to go forward. However, she's a young speedy forward that is not playing to the best of her abilities as she tries to adapt to the American Ice and Culture and english language.

[Image: 5f39f66e7e0ca1f03beab1c1e9cb2f57-sample.jpg]

Code:
Words: 200

Well, pretty much every team has beaten us by now. Quebec, especially, beats us because they are by far the highest ranked team in the SMJHL so far this season. They seem unbeatable in every way against us. (Anaheim). They score more goals. They are scored on less. Their defensive stats throw us under the bus. Their offensive stats don't even seem real sometimes they are so good. Their goalie stands on his head when we play them. Though, he seems to stand on his head every game so what can we do. Just keep swimming. Just by getting better and having faith in our rookies to get to the next level and our veterans to lead us there. As long as we keep improving and learning from our mistakes early on, I have complete faith that someday... somehow... we will beat this team. Even though as of now, Quebec will seriously need to tabernacle hard for us to beat them.

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]