Create Account

S58 PT #3 Storylines

One of the bigger storylines in that it directly affects my happiness and mental wellbeing is the fact that the hockey gods have decided that Seattle will be this season's ritual sacrifice and are currently in the process of pulling our intestines out through our assholes. The bottom players in the league in PDO are all Seattle Argonauts. Our goaltender, Thor Odinson, noted god of thunder and recent Jesster finalist, has seen his save percentage drop like 30 points despite us acquiring one of the league's top defenseman and us shoring up our depth down the middle with the acquisition of Reid Sutherland. This is in no way Thor's fault, he was just ironically the one the hockey gods decided to smite with lightning while our top offensive players score less than they should on some bad shooting luck to boot. Like seriously I've been kind of half-heartedly laughing about it lately but it's getting full on to the point where I want to get off of Mr Bones' Wild Ride please and thanks. It's 1am and I'm rocking back and forth writing this PT so it's veering dangerously close to a Joker origin story at this point, send help

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

I may be a bit biased but the top storyline that I have been following in the SHL this season has been the fight for the playoffs in the West. The Minnesota Monarchs, Seattle Argonauts, and Winnipeg Aurora are all currently fighting to be the last team in the NW division to make the playoffs. Minnesota currently holds the lead over the other two teams by 7 points at the time of writing. The real shame is that only one of these teams will make the post season while either New Orleans or San Fransisco will make it into the playoffs despite likely having much worse records. We see a similar issue in the East with the Great Lakes division controlling the entire conference. One of those great teams will not make the post season sadly. One key thing that has keep Minnesota ahead in the standings is their 5 Overtime Losses. While still a loss, the Monarchs have pushed a lot of teams with stronger lineups to OT to gain more points and hopefully make the playoffs for the first time since S46.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid433109
ISFL Affiliate

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

ISFL PT

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

Hopefully I'm allowed to write about the J league here, or I'm about to lose 3 TPE. The biggest storyline from the Scarecrows comes from a couple of players racing to score their first goals of the season. Friedensreich Hundertwasser and Dane von Gucci have both taken a huge amount of shots on the year without finding the pay dirt. There were ongoing jokes in the locker room about not being able to hit the broad side of a barn door. Hundertwasser hit 50 shots with still no goal and Gucci was right behind on 47 with no siren. Finally over the space of a couple games both found the paydirt. There was a weird phenomena, firstly Friedensreich Hundertwasser scored with his 57th shot on goal of the year. Then a game later with his 57th shot of the year Dane von Gucci did the same. Something spooky is going down in St Louis. The story is making itself. Fall behind at the start of the season to make that playoff win more exciting.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

I mean depending on who you ask the biggest storyline will definitely change throughout the season and be different to each person depending on how much they want to focus on their own player/team or focus on the league as a whole. To me the biggest storyline so far is 100% my own player having a career year so far and on pace to blow out his own old scoring records. While Los Angeles definitely has struggles it is nice to have my own player getting almost a point per game so far after many seasons of just mediocre play. As for the league as a whole the top storyline has to be the Toronto North Stars and their surge towards the top of the standings and dominant play against a lot of a strong great lakes division. It's been nice to see their hard work and effort be rewarded and them finally start to break out and play up to that level.

164 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

The biggest storyline this season, surprisingly, honestly probably isn't something you've heard about yet. "How can it be the biggest storyline then!?" you ask? Because David S. Pumpkins says it is, and David S. Pumpkins is the SHL's biggest personality. This is the story about how Pumpkins went from skating by as a low/mid level TPE earner (skating by. ha. pun very intended) to becoming a big baller not quite max but almost max earner. When Pumpkins got his first job in this hockey league, he honestly didn't plan on putting in much effort at all. After joining the locker rooms of the Anchorage Armada and Winnipeg Aurora however, a few things became clear to Pumpkins: it's cold as hell up in Anchorage, and not much better in Winnipeg; more importantly though, Pumpkins realized there are some great people who enjoy this hockey league a lot, so maybe Pumpkins should try to enjoy this as much as them. Pumpkins is now committed to helping to make the Armada and the Aurora the best hockey teams in their respective leagues.

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora

Code:
words = 170
I know I am being a bit selfish but I think one of the biggest storylines this season has to be the fall from grace of FR Finn-Rhys. From winning a personal accolade as one of the very best defensemen and players in the league overall FR has done very little this season to distinguish himself. Indeed, it feels like FR let the accolades and praise get to his head and that he just figured that he was entitled to another great season instead of working for it. I think in the near future, however, that will all change. FR is going to work on his diet, his workouts and double down on his commitment to be the very best that he can be this season. With the halfway mark nearing, FR knows that he only has a few seasons left in him before he starts a gradual decline into hockey oblivion and irrelevance. I think if we see FR rebound then it will make for a great storyline.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

One of the biggest storylines had a major event on its trajectory just yesterday! Dick Clapper got traded from Hamilton to New England during the offseason, but it seemed like the league's worst kept secret that New England was going to try to flip Clapper elsewhere. Clapper was speaking openly about it, and New England wasn't hiding it either. Their attempts to trade Clapper during the offseason fell short, apparently, but there were questions of whether they'd be able to trade him at the deadline and what the return would be. A couple of days before the deadline, they've found Dick a new home in Buffalo. Now the storyline shifts to whether this trade deadline acquisition from New England will lead the Stampede to a cup title, as their last trade deadline acquisition from New England did. Will Clapper hoist the cup as a member of the Stampede and go down in Buffalo history a legend like Eko van Otter? Only time will tell!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

One of the big stories around the league right now is the resurgence of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Right now after a 34 games, the Barracuda are sitting at almost a 50% win rate with a total of 16 wins, 17 losses and 1 OT loss. Just one season ago (also a 66 game season) Tampa had 17 wins, 46 losses and 3 OT losses in 66 games. Halfway through the season sitting at last seasons ENTIRE win total is HUGE. The rebuild is showing that they are on the right track to be dominating the SHL in just a few more seasons. The team as a whole are spreading their points pretty evenly across the offense. The dynamic duo of Tom Fiddler and Zoltan Topalo are definitely the highlights. These two are putting the puck in the net and setting up their teammates (usually each other). Tom Fiddler also scored his first Hat Trick and is a PLUS PLAYER for the first time in his career sitting at a comfortable +4.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Why do people assume I keep track with the going-ons of the league, the only storyline I'm aware of is my own and it's a story of redemption. After a serious sophomore slump, Carlos is back on the road to mediocrity, now pumping out kind of an okay amount of points whilst playing pretty bad defense, instead of bad defense and terrible offensive production. So you could say that's a pretty exciting storyline, there's also how all of a sudden Carlos stopped being Canadian and became Czech (is that even how it's spelled? no idea tbh).

Anyways, storylines shmorylines who gives a damn, Atlanta's playing exactly .500 hockey right now and that's a story you want to keep your eyes on, prepare for the rest of the season to be a huge bounce back for them, now that's gonna be a hell of a story.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

There is only one story line that I find remotely interesting. Can Jimmy Slothface repeat as the Ron Mexico Winner? It seems easy, Jimmy Slothface is easily the greatest player the SHL has ever seen and it’s a no brainer that he was the favorite for the award going into the season. But it seems that teams have really been targeting Slothface early using double and triple teams just to barely be able to stop him. Where it stands today Slothface is 19 points behind Bobby Sharp, but we all know that Slothface is putting this young panthers team on his back. He also likes to give his opponents confidence just to tear them down! My prediction is Slothface will continue his Elite ways and walk away with the Ron Mexico scoring over 150 points. The awards committee will have no choice to recognize his greatness and put him in the elite group of players who were able to win the Ron Mexico 2 seasons in a row.

[Image: f7.png]

Drama. Turmoil. Fractured relationships. These words and phrases pop into everyone’s minds when they think of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. There hasn’t been a lot going on in the Tampa Bay sports world this season, so the locker room drama of the city’s beloved Barracuda has been the top story of the season. The flame was ignited just before the season started. The team’s young star defenseman requested a trade. When asked why he wanted a change of scenery his response was, “I don’t like teal and I hate my D partner”. The story unraveled further when Zoltan Topalo stole the tape job of Michael Fitted. When Fitted got a glimpse of Zoltan’s stick and saw that he used his patented clear-tape-on-the-blade technique without paying a fee for using it, he sued his ass hard. They missed a week of practice while settling everything in court. It was ugly. Will they be able to turn things around like at the end of the 2nd Mighty Ducks movie, and embrace their differences? We’ll see.

173 Words

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Without a doubt, and as proven by many of the posts in this thread, the biggest and arguably most influential storyline in the SHL this season is the position of the North Stars in the standings. Having seen the same teams come out of the Great Lakes for many seasons, and with that storyline being one which had some pull to potentially shake up the playoff format, Toronto being able to jump them is just the newest chapter in what is a focal point for the league when it comes to potential adjustments. With the current division format it was seen as almost impossible for Toronto to make the playoffs, with cap changes already made to help neuter their rivals in the Great Lakes, and which was even a contributing argument to increase or modify playoff qualification, them currently jumping up the standings is both a positive change but also one which may serve to slow down any adjustments to the playoff format. Although the same arguments will now be made on why their rivals, who were seen as powerhouse teams, would miss as well. I believe Toronto will continue their run, having a very similar record to league-leading Hamilton, and we will see one of Chicago and Buffalo miss the playoffs this season, and it is looking like it might be the most recent cup winners... 228 words