Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #4 - OT6

As a defensive minded center, it is obvious that my player Marco Barengrub would fit well with two wingers who specialize in generating offense. As I can't pick someone on the Detroit Falcons, let's look for 5 other players on the 11 remaining teams who I feel like would compliment me the best. So for the goal scorer on our line, it's hard to say no to a guy like Igor Petrov who is on the Quebec Citadelles. He's leading the league in goals by a pretty good margin while his ice time is pretty low which makes it even more impressive. For playmaking, I see on the other wing a guy like Mew Two. He's the current leader in assists and both of them would already have chemistry in place as they play on the same team. Barengrub would easily pad his stats by just giving the puck to one of them and let them do the rest.

For the defensemen, I'd go with the classic offensive d-man paired with a shutdown d. Robert Feltersnatch of the Kelowna Rockets is having an amazing season with 32 points in 48 games. Put someone like Aleksandrs Balcers with him, and that's a line who can also defend.

For my goalie, I'm picking the starter for the Maine Timber, Bigga Foryu. Poor guy is seeing so many shots this year, let's give him a break and let him play behind this line.

Petrov QCC - Barengrub DET - Two QCC // Balcers NL - Feltersnatch KEL // Foryu MET

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

ISFL PT

[Image: hDDxLXd.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

So I decided to pick this lineup entirely on the basis of people that I really like from my time in the SHL with my first player which means that this team will be starting with Mr. Tig himself, Kermit Murphy. Tig is one of my favorite people from my first run through in the SHL land as such, has a place on my team here. Next up is another good friend of mine, wuma and his player Cormac Ponaire. Both of those players are forwards, of which I am generically using to not have to worry about positioning. My defensive partner for this exercise is going to be someone that I had a hand in drafting as a GM in ProjectSaint and his player, Ren-Ekelemchi Shimizu-Okoli. Another great human on this team. The last forward is also going to be someone I drafted and have been a teammate with a few times, Esso and his player Viktor Zukal. These are all people that I have been friendly with in my time in the SHL. As for goalie, I’ll go with a former international teammate of mine, Grapehead, and take his goalie Kit Kirkstone. 

Word count: 194 Words

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

C - Robert Black (me), Newfoundland Berserkers
RW - Lebron Brady, St Louis Scarecrows
LW - Alexis Saint-Michel, Vancouver Whalers
D - Sekai Wollker, Anaheim Outlaws
D - AJ Tirrell, Anaheim Outlaws
G - Bloody Oath, Maine Timber

There's little thought really put into this short of trying to assemble a team of rookies that have performed well and would likely assist in creating a solid lineup. Bloody Oath in the sticks looks to be a solid prospect moving forward and gets the nod as the clear #1 goalie of the class Evgeni Petrov is currently a teammate. The defensive pairing of Sekai Wollker and AJ Tirrell from the Outlaws brings two solid blueliners who will already have developed chemistry together, allowing for great cohesion in that position. Alexis Saint-Michel on the right wing has 15 goals to his name on the season so far and provides a great goal scoring compliment to my playmaking. Lebron Brady rounds out the squad and is a dynamic offensive threat that I believe would mesh incredibly well with Saint-Michel and myself.

Code:
172 words
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2021, 08:46 PM by santej29.)

I am picking my dream team solely on funny, cool, outrageous/creative names.

Starting with me, Sabarro T. Named after a wanna be pizza chain with a kinda sounding Italian or Swiss last name. For me personally it has been a great season, well beyond any expectations being 2nd on the Zerkers in +/- as a rookie and 8th in the entire league at +29, I started out the season with no points in 10 games only to grab 14 points over the next 28 games, again all as rookie averaging about 18 minutes a game.

at Center is Xavier Doom; love the name Xavier and he's at 36 points for the season which isn't a bad total at all, he is currently dishing helpers on the STL Scarecrows.

at RW is Mew Two; now this was one of the tougher positions to chose a name as here were many excellent choices at this position, but Mew won in my eyes. Now the super bonus here is he plays on a strong ass Quebec squad and he is piling up the points currently at 50!

at LW is Jonny Tsunami; this is a sweet name, no other explaining needed here, well done!

at D on my side is Grandmaster Funk; another great name and I bet he DJs the pre game mood and after game locker room party and would never let Pasta down and would most definitely play Barbie girl again if he missed the first play for a post game zoom....

and at goalie is Bloody Oath; sweet name for any player at any position but love he is a goalie!

well that is a wrap on my all name team!

365 words 

For my very awesome super cool SMJHL death squad line up, I'm going to put the most point scorers on it that probably everyone is going to include as well because I'm very lazy and it's late and I have stuff to do.
LW- Aleks Blixtstrom, Carolina Kraken
C- Zdeno Beranek, Quebec City Citadelles
RW- Mew Two, Quebec City Citadelles
LD- Wen Baters, Detroit Falcons
RD- Jasper Maximov, Quebec City Citadelles
G- Damien Vertigo- Kelowna Knights

While there is a very super obvious pattern that I deeply dislike, this death squad will destroy the entire SMJHL while only allowing about 2 goals a game because Vertigo is on steroids or something, it's insane. I will be the main goal scorer because I am very awesome and cool, while my Quebec City Citadelle servants perfectly set up all of my opportunities. Records will be set, names will be taken, and skulls will be cracked. Easy Four Star Cup win with this team.

Code:
161 words

LW - KEKW Kekkonen - I am required to include myself.

C - Brian Davenport - I have a good relationship with Vandy and I think we would play well together on the ice. It's important to have chemistry with your teammates, and we have that in spades.

RW - Leon Athanasios - Spartan is a pal and it would be fun to play on a line with him skating the opposite wing. I think we could make some magic happen and score some pretty goals.

LD - Bean Beanman - I like beans so why would I not put Bean Beanman on my team. Maybe when I'm not looking he'll put some gamer girl bath water in my water bottle. That would be so funny haha.

RD - Billy Brooks - Billy Brooks is a name that has a special place in my heart. The name alone secures him a spot on this team.

G - Chimkin Tendy - Another great name and also a great fella. He would be a tremendous backstop for this team.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]