Create Account

S58 PT #4 Redesigning the Rink

Oh man, did you say Slamball? Now that's a game I haven't thought about in a very long time. Could you imagine that in hockey though with trampolines & everything? You wouldn't be able to finish a game, there would be so many injuries. Between rolling or breaking ankles & cutting people with skate blades, you'd have to wear a full suit of medieval armor just to avoid dying. I wonder what kind of strange adjustments you could make to a standard ice rink to make it more exciting; not that you really need to because hockey is the most exciting game to watch live already. Maybe add some bumpers to the boards to make the puck jump more? Or how about just some simple scoring adjustments, like double points for posts since they're actually harder to hit than the net? What if we made a 3 point shot, like in basketball, if you could hit the net from inside your own defensive zone. It may not make the on-ice product a whole lot different, but it might change how teams approach the game.

(188 words)

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

ISFL

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

I will make the SHL more extreme by adding extreme advertising opportunities for extreme advertising partners. We will have a radical council on advertising which will ensure a minimum bar of radicality for any prospective advertisers. We're talking things like flames all over the uniforms. We're talking sunglasses on every mascot. If your product is energy drink adjacent, you're already halfway there.

Players are incentivized to be the most extreme advertised player because there is a weekly three stars of cool and an all star game of extreme. It's literally a popularity contest judged by teenagers. If you are selected, your team gets special catering after a game and you get contract bonuses.

We'll add a lot more focus to the players arriving to the rink because that is the time for them to roll through in their gladiator suits of awesome. The SHL will be broadcast on MTV to match the vibe. Advertisers will partner with bands to perform walk in music. It's kind of like the WWE except the fighting is real.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

If the SHL has to spice things up on live television, then I have just the idea for that. Just like EXTREME DORITOS with EXTREME CHEDDAR before, everything SHL team will be adding the word EXTREME to their jerseys. Their team names, the logos, even the player's names on the back of their jerseys. "Coming from the EXTREME Calgary Dragons, EXTREME CHOYBUK just scored a goal! What a nice pass from EXTREME Parmborg!"
Do you like the sound of that? Of course you do? Well, so do I.

Not only that, but the Calgary Dragons will be incorporating a long, storied history onto the ice starting next season. The infamous eaters of chicken parmesan in the SHL, the Dragons, will now be bringing those sandwich meals onto the ice to eat while on TV when they are at the bench. There may or may not be a lack of cardio coming from the Calgary Dragons, but at the same time this might just make them player even better.

One thing is for sure, and it is that the addition of the word EXTREME to the teams and jerseys is going to be something awesome to see. The EXTREME Calgary Dragons with the word EXTREME written across their jerseys, as well as every other SHL team? Wow.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid436416

So I dont really know anything about slam ball. I think if the SHL is going to try and be second fiddle, they need to introduce some wacky rules like the AAF and XFL do, ones that are unique and cool, but not to the point of making the game a side show. I think the first thing we should do is get rid of offsides. I understand why these rules exist, but we all know offsides can be a point of contention with the replays and how slight motions can cause big goals to be called back. I think this would help get rid of a lot of controversy with offsides, as well as make some interesting potential strategy changes with the ability to cherry pick changing defensive and offensive schemes alike. I think removing icing could work as well. Im not sure if this would work well 100%, but I think it could be an interesting idea to just speed up the game with limited whistles

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

[Image: bhq5MFx.jpg]

I think playing hockey on an old paintball course would add alot of challenges and complications and would improve the game

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights