Create Account

Consolidate SHL and SMJHL Player Progression

Hi guys,

We have enough attrition with new users struggling to grasp the basics here. The ISFL has done a fantastic job simplifying player progression - they have one singular PT team. There's no divide in rules from one league to another. I understand from a chat with Hotdog that the leagues were separated due to capped TPE, but with the abolition of that aspect of the community where's the logic in continuing to keep these things separated?

First time caller, long time listener, I'll hang up. Thanks.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Ok

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Ph

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

The only concern I would really have is that the 3v3 and primetimes will get confusing if they are in the same thread. That and how we structure the SMJHL PT’s in general. They usually follow the same format

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

the fun thing compared to isfl is that smjhl actually have some representation in the pt as luke mentioned, which is kinda fun to see, unlike in isfl where preds are basically only about the big league

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

GMs and rookie mentors should be alleviating any problems that come from having separate progression forums.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

The only times I've seen issues arrive is when rookies are allowed to do SHL tasks and sometimes not realize that they can, such as season predictions or the odd league wide survey. We're doing our best to post these in the draft class discord channels and I'm sure junior teams tell their rookies about them aswell. Still users, that aren't very active on discord and mostly use the forums might miss those. But posting a link on the SMJHL player development forum to the original post in these cases, sounds like an overall better solution than filling the SHL player development one with tasks 95 % of users can't do and make rookies look for their tasks through all the other ones.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

03-05-2021, 12:00 AMEvok Wrote: the fun thing compared to isfl is that smjhl actually have some representation in the pt as luke mentioned, which is kinda fun to see, unlike in isfl where preds are basically only about the big league
Yeah, I agree with this 100%. It's hard to be like "Predict the Results of Week 6!" when you have 0 context into that league at all.

I wonder if all SHL PTs could have a separate google form capturing the SMJHL component of the PTs such as the 3 on 3.

03-05-2021, 02:03 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: GMs and rookie mentors should be alleviating any problems that come from having separate progression forums.
This post isn't intended to suggest the mentors aren't doing their jobs, but not everyone is willing to put in the effort to contact their rookie mentors if they can't figure it out on their own.

Can Comfirm its confusing some times; i have defiently missed stuff due to the split

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap