Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #5 - Highlight Reel

Up until these past 6 games things have been pretty quiet for me, not a lot of highlights going on. With 4 goals and 2 assists in my last 6 games though things have been picking up and I definitely have to have my game against St Louis in which I had 2 goals and an assist for my first 3 point game as a highlight. I also think a players first goal is always a career highlight for them, and mine came at a pretty clutch time, tying the game up at 1-1 early in the 1st against Vancouver, in what wound up being a 2-1 shootout win. My third highlight is a game earlier in the year against Vancouver, where a shot I took from the point got deflected by teammate Harald Malmquist and became his first goal. It's always great to help somebody get their first goal like that, and it was a really hype moment for the whole locker room.

PBE Affiliation

Now, nonesense words to make it so the bot doesn't hit me and ping me. Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, Egg, and Egg

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

ISFL Welfare

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

Makrus “The Tater” Jager started the season late. Makrus has played 26 games and was hoping to make a splash on the Whalers 4th line. The highlight reel starts on day 15 when the Whalers take on the Berserks. Makrus blocks a shot and takes possession of the puck. He takes it down the ice and passes to Sven Svechnikov who shoots for a goal. Makrus’s first point of the season. Reel cuts to the Whalers vs Maine day 21. Mario Abeebehboosedibadibo chases a loose puck. He shoots it to Makrus. Makrus takes the puck to the goal and passes to an open Zebulon Leavitt. Leavett shoots for a goal. The last reel cuts to the Whalers vs the Raptors day 24. Sven Svechnikov has the puck. He passes to Makrus. Makrus sends the puck to the net where Strawberry Sailfish is waiting to tap it in for the goal. Makrus assists the team. All 3 of his assists were winning games. Makrus hopes to finish the season getting his teammates more goals.

(173 words)

[Image: qm0v49d.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2021, 06:48 PM by BoloBill.)

ISFL UW

Billybolo53 username

There are a handful of highlight that Matej could pick from his first year in the SMJHL and it took a little while for him to trim that down to a specific two that he wanted to talk about. First, the more embarassing of the two, his first career fight. Now Matej doesn’t really remember much about his first career fight, who it was against, or where it was and that is only in part due to the fact that he got his ass kicked and lost the fight. It’s always embaressing to lose a fight, but it’s really embaressing when you lose a fight while you’re 6’6”. That was on his low light reel for the year, but its going to be something that he will look back on fondly, if he can find a tape of it. The positive highlight of the year would be skating out for the first time against his dad’s old team, the Colorado Raptors. He grew up supporting the Raptors, for obvious reasons, so suiting up against the team that his dad used to be a key player of, and then winning against them, was a great experience for young Matej. 

Word Count: 198

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Top Cheddar has had plenty of highlight moments off the ice this season. This is primarily because Top Cheddar has absolutely no idea how to look at sims and his only knowledge of his game is from that bot on the Discord that tells you your stats. So, uh, Top Cheddar's third biggest highlight of this season was the day that he was able to order a chicago dog on an everything bagel when they played in Quebec City. Typically Top Cheddar doesn't like to deviate from the tried and true formula of the Chicago Dog, but the everything bagel has poppyseeds on it, and it really does bring a new dimension to the most complex way to dress a dog. I wonder if they have any vegan dogs that are any good. The second biggest highlight of the season was the time Top Cheddar hung out with his friends in Vancouver. It was a party. The biggest highlight of the season was this recap.

(167 Words)

The first highlight was being drafted in the first round of the SMJHL entry draft by the Anchorage Armada. Gabe had reached out to me when I was a DFA and pre-draft to let me know they were interested in me, and it felt great to go somewhere where I knew I was wanted. The locker room has been great ever since.

My second highlight is meeting everyone in the Anchorage locker room who I'd not met before. There were some usernames I'd seen in other leagues but never spoken to, and some people who were completely new to me. I don't want to miss anyone so I'll try and keep the list reasonably short by saying that Acsolap, Bear, blues, GA and Ragnar have been wonderful.

I'll do an on-ice highlight for the final one: Jay Sink's early season form offensively. I tried to build a defensive, team-first player rather than someone who neglected his defensive duties and went for glory. While the goals have dried up in recent sims, J.Sink began the season in excellent scoring form. Sink scored decisive goals in close wins such as a 4-3 over Colorado and a 3-2 over Vancouver, and a 4-2 win against Detroit. His defensive form has been great all season but those goals felt particularly good. (217 words)

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

One of the biggest achievements of Daud Ramza’s young career has been his first goal. Because of course it is! I believe every player here would list that as an incredible achievement. There is just something special about getting that puck in net, and hearing your claxon go off as your teammates surround you in jubilation.

That leads me to another achievement. I believe I have made some great friendships during this season. It is incredibly lovely to have teammates that work to enhance your career. I especially liked winning the bet on how many fights Gino would get in. That man is a punching god.

My final achievement that I would like to talk about is being on target for over one hundred hits during the regular season. What can I say? There is a lot of fun to be had in checking into someone, and I am very good at it. It is just nice to get it to a nice big number like one hundred.

Code:
168 Words

[Image: blasoon.gif]

Alexis Saint-Michel couldn’t have asked for a better season than he has had. On pace for 40 points in his rookie campaign and deep in the hunt for the rookie of the year award. There are many highlights for his season but if he had to pick three:

The draft. Being at that event was the culmination of all the hard work that ASM had done up until that point, from his junior career to his DFA time with the Vancouver Whalers. Being selected by the Whalers again was just the icing on the cake.

His first game. He had played with the Whalers during the DFA period last season but now being finally part of the team and getting announced over the PA system was a huge moment for him. It would have been the best moment of the season for him if it weren’t for.

The Hat trick. Against the Colorado Raptors, ASM would have his finest game, scoring his first career hat trick. As he saw the hats rain down around him, he celebrated like he had won the four star trophy. A moment in time that he will never forget. This performance is what would start to propel ASM forward towards being a finalist for the rookie of the year award

Aleksandrs Balcers was relatively unheard of around the SMJHL heading into the S58 Entry Draft, but he left many pundits surprised as Newfoundland selected him first overall. That was the first shock that the Latvian Locomotive ripped through the league and is definitely atop his season's highlight reel. The next highlight of his rookie season takes us all the way back to Matchday 7 when the Newfoundland Berserkers took on the Carolina Kraken in their first meeting of the season. Don't go rewatch it unless you're into horror movies because it was a 9-0 slaughter in favour of the Canadian-based team. It was in this game that Balcers scored his first career hat trick, in a game where his best bud Ric Charlesworth also summoned hats onto the ice. Lastly, the highlight reel would not be complete if there weren't a single mention of the numerous rivalry games against the Maine Timber and Quebec City Cittadelles. These games fuelled Balcers' love for the game and he found that his level of play was elevated when coming up against those teams. Hopefully, this highlight reel can be rounded out by a nomination for the Esa Anrikkanen award as well as being named to the All-Rookie team, after being snubbed for the All-Star Game.

Fedor Sotakov’s highlight reel begins with Season 58 SMHJL draft night. Fedor took his place at the table, in the back of the room, having no idea where or by whom he would be drafted. He was messing around on his phone when the Colorado Raptors took the podium, moments after announcing a trade to acquire the 2nd overall pick. His face lit up upon hearing, “With the second overall pick, the Colorado Raptors select…Fedor Sotakov…”. Fedor hugged his agent and walked to the podium at light speed. The image of him proudly putting on the Raptors cap and then holding the team’s newly designed sweater…

Next up on Fedor’s highlight reel is his first official shift on North American ice. In the first game of the SMHL season, Fedor, then skating with the 3rd line, jumped over the board, and almost immediately found himself carrying the puck. He took a hip-check along the glass but retained possession of the puck and found Jack Nishimori in the slot. He then watches as Nishimori fired on net…

Finally, the image of Fedor’s first SMJHL goal. Game two of the season, Nishimori finds Sotakov along the wing. Sotakov snaps it…upper left corner of the cage to light the lamp. Fedor is surrounded by teammates for a group embrace before the reel fades.

Raptors Raptors Raptors

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

While the season overall has been disappointing for the Kraken, there has been a lot of bright spots for Aleks Blixstrom in his rookie season in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. He has had a fun rookie season and knows next season will be even better.

His first highlight is the team building exercises on the frozen lake. They helped break the ice (not literally, thankfully) between the teammates and build some team chemistry with drills and other activities.

His next highlight is stepping onto the ice for the first time in the first game of the season. He had worked so hard to get here since he was a little boy in Sweden. His first time on the ice was a satisfying moment, but also left him wanting more and gave him motivation to improve himself and make it to the SHL some day.

His last highlight is scoring his first goal. It was a beautiful display of stick handling and athleticism. He got the puck at the point and danced through everyone and hammered the puck for a bardown goal. One for the highlight reels, and a showing of his potential as a goal scorer.

Code:
198 words

1) It would be impossible to not mention draft day as one of the highlight of the whole season. Marco Barengrub was predicted by many scouts to be drafted in the top 20. He ended up falling all the way down to pick number 42. A bit disappointing for sure but the young center ended in a great situation in Detroit. Barengrub is a defensive forward and the Falcons needed a fourth line center, it couldn't have been a better fit. 25 points in the regular season was really unexpected too, overall an awesome rookie campaign.

2) Even though he puts more emphasis on his play without the puck, scoring his first career goal is a moment the young forward from Estonia will never forget.

3) Marco had the game of his life against Colorado when he scored four points, all of them in the third period. He was awarded the first star of the game, a performance he might never repeat again.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]