Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #5 - Highlight Reel

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2021, 03:05 PM by grimreaper.)

1. Being drafted by the Newfoundland Berserkers at the top of the third round, 25th overall, is the first highlight for Robert Black. Black's stock wasn't particularly high going into the draft, and for the Berserkers to take a chance on Black ahead of other great prospects showed a confidence from the organization in his potential.

2. Stepping out onto the ice for the Berserkers in the opening game of the regular season was another highlight for Black. The realization of a dream that Black had from a very young age, it was an overwhelming experience to step out in front of a sellout crowd in front of a rabid Newfoundland fanbase .

3. Robert Black's next highlight came in the same regular season debut as the Berserkers faced off against the Kelowna Knights. Black scored his very first SMJHL goal 04:33 into the second period off a feed from Dwayne Gretzky, the first of what is hopefully many for the young prospect.

Code:
163 words

Benjamin Blue had a might 2 shutouts out of the 18 games he played, more than 1 every ten games, which is mighty damn good. So, both of those game would obviously be on the highlight real, duh. And every amazing save Blue has made throughout the season. I feel like the games that Blue only let up one goal in would be included, and any high save count game he had. Some off ice stuff that might be in it are times with friends, hanging out after a game, celebrating a win, or just having a good time.
my first win and shutout ESPECIALLY would be included, as monumental as they are to my career and my future.
Some great interviews I made, with the amazing jokes and answers I gave would also definitely be included. If I ever get to play in the playoffs, which I doubt, but if I do and I win, that would also be included

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Dane von Gucci's highlight reel wasn't quite what he was hoping for as a true rookie. It proved hard to get the numbers he felt he would be getting in a team that flat out wasn't scoring many goals this season and was lacking in top scorers as a whole. That being said there were a few moments to focus on. For instance, it took over 60 shots on goal for von Gucci to find the back of the net, but that breakthrough finally came and what a goal he scored. Receiving a pass in the high slot, von Gucci uncorked a powerful slapper that blew right past the goalie's glove and into the goal. Also interesting, despite playing with the second power play group for an average of about a minute a night, von Gucci was only to make a single contribution on the power play that came in the form of an assist on a goal that Lebron Brady was able to bury earlier in the season. Perhaps the best moment of all came in the preseason when Darryl Urquhart set von Gucci in behind the defense where he channeled his inner winger deking out the netminder before shoveling a backhander up over the goalie in full splits. Hard to beat that, sad to see the best moment of the season coming in the preseason though. Hopefully next year he kicks on offensively.

[Image: gucci57541.gif]

Highlight 1 - Robert Speedwagon's first goal for the Newfoundland Berserkers came in his 31st game with the club. In the second period, with just under 4 minutes to play, fellow S59 draftee Sabarro Torreta took the puck and flicked it to Speedwagon. He then dished back to another S59 draftee, Aleksandrs Balcers, who flicked back to Speedwagon for a one-time score to make it a 4-0 game against the Carolina Kraken, which eventually ended 6-2.

Highlight 2 - Probably his most impressive goal of the season. In Game 46 against the Colorado Raptors, Bas O'Bigbers dumped a puck into the zone. Speedwagon beat Basil Sivart to the puck, turned back behind the goal line, fired from a bad angle, and still struck anyway to break the deadlock and make it a 2-1 Berserkers game. Newfoundland would never look back and he would get credit for the game-winner in a 4-1 victory.

Highlight 3 - Robert Speedwagon uses a decent portion of his rookie salary to start up the Speedwagon Foundation, a general-purpose charity with some...questionable expenses, though he swears it all goes toward doing good in the world. Whatever that looks like.

(200)

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

PBE task