Create Account

S58 PT #5 New Award

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Code:
Graphic task: What does this new award look like? List the three finalists and some sort of stats to compare them in whatever categories this award is awarded for.

[Image: r4huFxz.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

PBE Affiliate PT +3 TPE

I think there should be an award specifically for players that find the ability to score goals despite their playmaking center not setting them up as they should be. Would I win this award? Oh yes I would! I, Vlastislav Malik, have scored 21 goals this season through 50 games despite receiving very few passes from Cian McFelter, my designated "playmaking" center. He has 28 assists, you say? He must be passing to you, you say? Nope, think again. I've got 126 shots to my name. That's good, you say? Nope, you really should be trying harder. Cian has 157 shots as a playmaking center! What does that have to do with anything, you say? Come on...you're a smart fellow! He's clearly just taking all the shots himself! How am I scoring? By using my impeccable ability to drive the net and stuff in his failed attempts! Oh its true, ask anyone. You trust me, you say? Great! When do I give my acceptance speech?

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

A new creation of an award would be the Simulation Hockey Interleague award for Trying.  When you're good and keep up with all of your PT's but you just aren't good enough the award can be handed out, sort of like a participation trophy to all players that could make a list (like top 10 in saves for goalies, or top 10 in points for skaters, etcetera) but just weren't good enough to be number 1.  These players are the real backbone of the community and strive diligently to make their player the best they could possibly be...sometimes even in excess of certain target scores (LPLL & penalty minutes.  Yeah, I'm looking at you pal.  I still remember the stick across the goalie mask.)   It would be at minimum some validation that "Hey, you have a good player.  At least you tried".  That's the kind of award I would make.

The new and unique award I would make is the SHL “Jinxer” award which is given to the guy in the locker room who under any circumstances just cannot seem to keep his mouth shut when things are going well and seems to say something that ruins a teams luck and success making things go down hill. If you ask @JNH @Toast or anyone else in the Newfoundland locker room you know this award would be going to me. It all started in my sophomore season when I jinxed the Berserkers from making it out of the easter conference finals and instead lost to the Carolina Kraken in game seven. This would not be the only time I would jinx Newfoundland as it happened countless times during the live sims. This “Darian jinx curse” continued into the SHL when in my rookie season when Calgary was up 2-0 in their first round series against the Atlanta Inferno we I proclaimed “this should be an easy sweep” to go on to lose four straight. I have also jinxed the Maple Leafs countless times which is pretty sad.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

My first suggestion was going to be the best player on worst team award but in all honesty I'm not even sure I would win that this season as there are two rookies that would give me a run for my money in Yngvesson and Antonescu. So it would have to be a little more specific than that. Perhaps the best non-rookie on the worst team! I might have a chance of winning that this year. Maybe. Infact, I'm not even sure I'd win that as there are some good players on NOLA and BAP too. I think to really clinch this award we have to go even more specific. The more I think about it the more i'm leaning towards an award based on the name of your player which I really wanted to avoid.

I think I might have to settle for 'Player with the name closest to Honrok Lokborg Ostormon'. I should be able to win that one without too much difficulty.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I'm going to introduce an award for those who try the hardest. The players who are at the arena first. They do extra drills and help collect the pucks. They are the last ones to leave the practice. During the games they skate hard from start to the end, they hit everything that moves, they start scuffles in front of the net after every single whistle, they celebrate the hardest and constantly hand out tactical advice to those around them. They talk to the media by giving nothing but flat hockey answers to every question.

The award is called: ''The TryHard''-award.

Every team will nominate one player who they consider to fit the mentioned criteria the best. Then after every season, the league officials and media members get to vote who they think has done enough to win the award.

I'm naturally hoping that I'm one of the players who are being considered from Nevada. I don't know who is going to be nominated just yet, but I think I have been doing most things that a tryhard should do. I play the game hard and put in the effort during practice. I have not collected any pucks yet, so I need to start doing that to make sure I get nominated.

Introducing a new category, the Most Unselfish award, aka the Esa Parmborg Memorial Trophy. This category is to recognize unselfish players in the league, who play the "pass first" mentality type of hockey. Players who play this type of hockey are definitely not recognized at all when compared to goalscorers, which is why there is a crying need for such category to be inducted.
Luukas Lilja would win the trophy by a landslide vote. Lilja is your typical unselfish player, who rather passes the puck to create even more dangerous situations than goes for the shot. Even the stats are favoring him, he is more active on the defensive end than any other centerman in the league, and he is better on the playmaking end rather than goalscoring end, recording 6 goals and 23 assists so far this season, while being on a team thats performing below average. Lilja would definitely be a strong candidate for such award, if not win by a landslide.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

New award is called about TG-king. T means takeaways and G means giveaways. The prize goes to a player who has best takeaway-giveaway ratio. I would have a very good chance to win that prize this season on SMJHL because after 53 games, William Salming has 34 takeaways and only eight giveaways. There are some trophys to hand best defensive and offensive forwards but two-way forwards rarely win any prizes because they are just so balanced in every category. Takeaways and giveaways are rare categories where two-way forwards can really shine among forwards because defensive-minded forwards dominate block and hit categories and more offensive-minded players dominate scoring statistics. That's why we need a prize to two-way guys who do some important and invincible work on the rink for their team. I assume that head office really considers my idea and it will be included to prize ceremony very soon. Thank you already for advance.

Words: 162

[Image: salming.png]

On a serious note, I would like to see an award added to the league for power forwards; I don't even have a power forward type player, I just feel like since we changed sims they're a little bit underrepresented in awards now. The Dar trophy has rightfully changed its focus to players who put up good defensive numbers now that we have the capability to look at them in FHM, whereas in STHS the award usually went to the forward with the most hits. I think for me at this point, adding something in that gives some recognition to the power forwards, grinders and physical presences on the ice who rack up the hits could be a nice touch to keep awards fresh and also to give some clear encouragement for people to want to create these types of players when they join the league. There's some other areas which I feel like could do with some award representation too, including maybe a distinction between MVP and Most Distinguished Player, but that's a discussion for another day I feel like.

Code:
181 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I’m not here to chase after awards, I just want to help my team win it all. But of course it would be nice to win an award. At least I wouldn’t be opposed to win some hardware.
I think it’s hard to find an award inside this league that could fit. Closest I could come to this season is Meltdown Player of the Year, seeing a significant decline in almost all statistical categories. That award could be a lock though. It’s hard to win it several times though, as it’s hard to suck every season significantly more than the previous one. If I think one can manage that, it is Michael Withecheck. That is also the reason why the trophy would be named after him. The Michael Withecheck trophy for the Meltdown Player of the Year.
An easy way to win it is you perform, win the cup and the very next season you fall off a cliff. Works everytime, I guarantee.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Nice PT @Keenan

If I would have an opportunity to make another award I'd like to nominee Micheal Burch award.

Michael Burch award would be given to a player who did most unusual outstanding performance in one game. I know the consistency is the thing that players/users/coaches want to see but when random stuff happens that funny and we should remember it.
To easier to understand it would be to give an analog award in NHL to Eric Boulton (4th line power forward) when he scored a hattrick. This award could be a one-hit-wonder and hero of the match mashup award. The main idea is to give this award to a player who would likely never win any other award.
I imagine that GMs nominee candidates from the team and then league or players vote for best. Would be nice to mention that voting for own teammate would be forbidden.

The name "Michael Burch" was just a first idea. If the league would want to really add this trophy they could rename it. The reason why I picked this name was that Burch was my teammate from S20's - a solid locker room guy. He scored S29 cup-winning goal but was not for a long time an active player and actually forgotten from Dragons history. He was my first association with the player who was the hero of the game even though there were big names around him.

Actually, I'd like to win the best Defenseman or Defensive Defenseman award but there is that magic that Micheal Burch award is more likely to get a player who is an underdog and probably so on for his career. I have thrust for Goodname to be an ambitious player but nowadays it is harder to develop competitive player than S20's. It is only logic - the league expanded and ~2000 PT to be an elite player. So if I'm one day hero for my team and others from the league are fine to say "hats off" then I'd like to get someday a Micheal Burch award.

Well, in super casuall football sim league we have offensive player and defensive player awards for like an overall that didnt win MVP award. A long with a defensive rookie and offensive rookie award. It is mainly there to help the upcoming draft class feel better about themselves with having usually average to below average stats but a great way to start off the career in the major leagues. If I am being honest, thanks to having awards named after players I have no real idea what awards actually exist in this league. But maybe extending nominations would actually be a better approach instead of just more awards that are unique.

I do not mean 'Oh just have 6 or 7' but extending them to 4 from like...3 nominations you would help out a lot more since more people would get the nod that way than just finding a niche way to celebrate the better players. I think that would help with this problem anyway.

[166 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]