Create Account

S59 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 03:10 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

#1 - Update Page
#2 - Activity Check
#3 - Weekly Training
#4 - Complete a PT
#6 - Deep Dive
#8 - Welcome Survey

6 Completed tasks gives you $6mil, nice job! Make sure to make a new post with any new claims! @Graydonsanatomy -ACC
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 10:39 AM by Matteo.)

1.)  Create an Update Page

2.)  Complete an Activity Check

3.)  Buy a Week of Training

4.)  Complete a PT

5.)  Create a Graphic

6.)  Deep Dive

7.)  Watch a SMJHL Stream

I chose to watch the latest posted stream which was streamed live on April 24.  To be honest, I wasn’t able to watch the whole 1 hour and 44 minutes.  I just didn’t have the time.  So, I watched 3 or 4 sims to see what was going on.  What I didn’t like was that there was no way that I could tab to a game that I was interested in.  For example, a game featuring a team that was offering me a contract.  As well, the play by play at the bottom was pretty fast, so I wasn’t able to read it all.  I would have expected that the sim would have paused for a second when a goal was scored so that you could see more clearly if your player was involved. There was limited chat going on in the chat relay, but, I would imagine that this feature could get rocking.   What I did like was the graphical presentation and the scoreboard.  For example, in the game featuring the Kelowna Knoghts and the Carolina Kraken, the Kraken took a real drubbing, being outshot 43 - 21 and being outscored 8 - 2.  For verification purposes, this was what was on the scoreboard at the end of the game.  The scoreboard clock reads 00:04.  This is at 24:20 of the entire stream.

I like the sim engine and its transparency.  We shall see if it is kind to my player and the team he plays for.

8.)  Complete The Rookie Survey

Yes I have done that.

Thanks.  This was quite educational...fun too.

Graded! All 8 rookie tasks completed for $1 million per task plus a bonus $1 million, for a total of $9 million @Eynhallow

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 10:41 AM by Matteo.)

4. Complete a PT (“Your first PT” and the "Rookie Survey PT" do not count)

- Please link to the SMJHL Claim Thread post of the PT you are submitting for this instead of linking the PT itself. We hope that will make tracking and verification easier on the recruitment team and keep us from being the determining force on what is or is not a PT.

Here.

5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread found HERE
- Please put that this graphic is a "Rookie Task Graphic" in the title of the thread. Every graphic that is submitted as a rookie task graphic will receive a base payout equivalent to a grade of .5 / 5 on the graphics grading scale for 125k. With the 1M received for doing this task we hope this mitigates that payout and also makes things much easier on the graphics team. By labeling it a "Rookie Task Graphic" as well, you will not use your 1st-time graphic bonus.

NOTE: If you do not label the graphic with "Rookie Task Graphic," then your post will be submitted to normal grading guidelines and will use up your 1st-time graphic bonus.

Here.

6. Write a Deep Dive

Here.

Graded! There's your final three tasks completed for $4 million including the bonus @CD12
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 10:45 AM by Matteo.)

1. Create an update thread
2. Claim an activity check
3. Buy a week of training
4. Complete a PT
8. Complete the Rookie Survey

Graded! $5 million for your first five tasks completed! Be sure to link any new rookie task claims in a new reply @scorycory
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 10:48 AM by Matteo.)

Update thread: here
Activity check: here
Weekly training: here
PT: here
Rookie survey: here

Graded! $5 million for your first five tasks completed! Be sure to link any new rookie task claims in a new reply @EinoKooBOSS
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 10:51 AM by Matteo.)

Task 5

Task 7- Today I watched the Vancouver whalers take on the Colorado Raptors in a high scoring and competitive game. Colorado gained the upper hand quickly on the Whaler's. Going into the third period, Colorado lead 3-2. The Whalers managed to rally in the third period and tied the score 3-3; however, Colorado took the lead again in the last five minutes of the third period putting the score up to 4-3. In the last thirteen seconds of the game, with an extra man on the ice, Robot Sunfish of the Whalers tied the game and brought the two teams into overtime. Overtime was anti-climatic and brought the game to a very intense shootout. Makrus "The Tater" Jager closed out the shootout and secured the win for the Whaler's. Robot Sunfish of the Whaler's earned the first star of the game after his standout performance by having two goals and one assist. (150 words)

This should be all 8

Graded! This is indeed all 8 rookie tasks completed, $3 million is on the way @Lorec

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 10:53 AM by Matteo.)

Code:
- Please link to the SMJHL Claim Thread post of the PT you are submitting for this instead of linking the PT itself. We hope that will make tracking and verification easier on the recruitment team and keep us from being the determining force on what is or is not a PT.

PT, Mock Draft

Graded! One more task completed for one more $million! You have two rookie tasks remaining @jjlangabeer

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 09:50 AM by Zema.)

Not sure if I'm still eligible, but if I am...

1.  Create an update page
2.  Claim an activity check
3.  Buy a week of training 
4.  Complete a PT
6.  Write a Deep Dive
8.  Complete rookie survey

7.  Watch SMJHL Stream:

Round 1 Game 1 - MET 4 ANA 1

Inside the first minute of play, Jonny Tsunami ripped a goal past star Outlaws Goaltender Vincent Mietitore, giving the Trees a one goal lead.  Beaming with pride in the stands, Tsunami’s grandfather, Shang Tsung, shouted, “IT HAS BEGUN!,” which would prove prophetic for the rest of the game.

A mere six minutes later, Tsunami scored a second time, giving the Timber a two goal lead early in the first period.  Maine dominated the remainder of the twenty minutes, notching eleven shots against Anaheim’s three.  Several of Anaheim’s star players threw up chunks on their way to the locker room, exclaiming, “We’re built different, boys!  Let’s f***ing go!”

On that day, however, they were not built different.  Star Maine Center Miguel Hefeweizen scored at the 1:04 mark of the second period - a lead bolstered by D-man Philip Demitra’s goal shortly thereafter.  The second period ended with a 4-0 Maine lead.  The shot clock read twenty-five to nine in favor of the Timber.

Anaheim salvaged the game with an impressive third period.  A.J. Tirrell scored inside the first five minutes.  Amazingly, Anaheim narrowed the shot gap to six, with the shot clock reading thirty to twenty-four when the clock struck zero.

All in all, a great game for the Timber, with a third period the Outlaws hope to build upon in the remaining games.

Graded! You have one more task to complete for a bonus $1m. If you would like to complete it at a future date, make sure to create an additional post @CheerfulBender20

[Image: 22HFBQB.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 09:53 AM by Zema.)

Code:
5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread found HERE
- Please put that this graphic is a "Rookie Task Graphic" in the title of the thread. Every graphic that is submitted as a rookie task graphic will receive a base payout equivalent to a grade of .5 / 5 on the graphics grading scale for 125k. With the 1M received for doing this task we hope this mitigates that payout and also makes things much easier on the graphics team. By labeling it a "Rookie Task Graphic" as well, you will not use your 1st-time graphic bonus.

NOTE: If you do not label the graphic with "Rookie Task Graphic," then your post will be submitted to normal grading guidelines and will use up your 1st-time graphic bonus.

Rookie Graphic

Code:
6. Write a Deep Dive

Deep Dive #1

Graded! You have now completed all the rookie tasks, and have earned yourself an additional $1m! Congratulations @jjlangabeer

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 06:58 PM by Ruggsy.)

4. Complete a PT

S59 SMJHL Interested Prospects PT

6. Write a Deep Dive

1st Deep dive

7. Watch a SMJHL stream

Favourite moment

@Evil_AllBran - 3mil for 3 tasks + 1mil bonus for finishing, grats. - Ruggsy

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 07:01 PM by Ruggsy.)

03-12-2021, 08:12 AMBenDover Wrote:
Code:
1. Create an update page
Update Page
Code:

Code:
2. Claim an activity check
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3000523
Code:

Code:
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)
Free Training
Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114479
Code:
8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)
    - As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2997223

Code:
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115411&pid=3042751#pid3042751

Code:
6. Write a Deep Dive
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116234

Code:
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
    -To verify, please do one of the following and post it in your rookie tasks claim:
      - Write 150 words about the games that happened during the stream
      - Create a 2-min podcast about the stream
      - Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission)
So I watched my first playoff stream, which has the Falcons playing against the Quebec City Citadelles, man I have wrote about them a lot this week, anyway on we go into game two. The game starts off with a very boring 1st period, with the first 10 minutes of the period with nothing important, but then it was followed by two Falcons offensive possessions that lead to two saves by QCC goalie Tyler Ward. Then a minute later Greyson Cooper gets a shot in to bring the score to 1-0 QCC. The Falcons then put on a strong defensive possession to stop them from scoring on back to back trips into our zone. The second period was a complete snoozefest, as neither team scored making it a 1-0 QCC hockey game into the 3rd. Unfortunately, QCC came out hot after the break and Tres Sombreroes scores to make it 2-0. To rub salt into the wound, Big Boss scores with 10 seconds left to make the final score 3-0 QCC, safe to say I won't be watching any more games soon, I'm bad luck.

185 words

@BenDover - 3mil for 3 tasks + 1mil bonus for finishing, grats. - Ruggsy

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 07:04 PM by Ruggsy.)

4.PT
6. Deep Dive

@goilers - Graded, 2 tasks for 2 mil, just #5 left. -Ruggsy

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 07:05 PM by Ruggsy.)

Number 7: Watch a stream

Today I watched the first semifinals games on youtube.  In particular, I watched the QCC vs ANC game.  The game started off pretty uneventful, with no goals in the first period and only one minor penalty (Jay Sink was called for roughing).  QCC ended up not scoring on that power play and the game continued on into the second period.  Around five minutes into the second period ANC player Janis Lux scored a goal after being fed the puck by Jay sink, who must have been avenged his roughing call.  Another 5 minutes passed and QCC struck back with Hail Bingus scoring after receiving a pass from Greyson Cooper, evening the score to 1-1.  Eight minutes later Gregory Goode would score to put ANC up 2-1, and the period would end shortly after.  There were no penalties in the second period.  The third period was very eventful with another three goals.  Firstly, QCC player Big Boss would get a tripping penalty and ANC would capitalize with Gregory Goode getting his second goal of the game via the power play.  3 minutes later ANC would strike again with Pablo Salvstici scoring an even strength goal, Paul Binder getting the assist.  With only 2 minutes remaining in the game, QCC scored one final goal from a great shot made by Towelie.  The final goal would prove to be too little too late, with ANC taking the first game 4-2.

@Pickle Juice Graded, 1 more task for 1 mil - Ruggsy

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 07:07 PM by Ruggsy.)

4. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3031767
5. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115493

@canuckles Graded, 2 more tasks for 2mil - Ruggsy
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2021, 09:04 PM by negs77.)

Should be my last 2 tasks for the bonus

Code:
- Please link to the SMJHL Claim Thread post of the PT you are submitting for this instead of linking the PT itself. We hope that will make tracking and verification easier on the recruitment team and keep us from being the determining force on what is or is not a PT or counts as a PT.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3065739
Code:
6. Write a Deep Dive
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3039623

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]