Create Account

S58 SMJHL PT #6 - Next Season

The Carolina Kraken have been a rebuilding team this season. We were very young this season, and I do believe that showed during some of our games. We are likely losing two of our leading figures, but we still have a great core from the past two seasons. The season fifty-eight players are about to move to the next level of their TPE cap, and players from my season have been putting in a great deal of work to ensure that we become a much better team than this past year. I believe that we will do far better than the ninth seed next season. I know for a fact that I will be back on the team and so will the rest of my season fifty-nine brethren and thus I am hoping that our combined improvement leads to our lines being far more effective next season. I think come playoffs, a few people might be shocked if we make it to the conference championship or four star cup, but I do believe that we might be able to make a deep playoff push.

Code:
184 Words

[Image: blasoon.gif]

ISFL
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2021, 09:52 PM by BoloBill.)

PBE PT

Username: Billybolo53

pbe pt affiliate

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

The Whalers are losing some key player’s next season. Rikki Petrov, Valtterri Kauppinen, KnockedOut byOvechkin, and Zebulon Leavitt are all being called up next season.  Petrov a center led the Whalers in assists last season with 31. He also racked up 12 goals for himself bringing his point total to 43.  Kauppinen a left wing, had the second most assists with 25. He scored 16 goals bringing his point total to 41. byOverchikin was close behind with 11 goals and 23 assists. Ending the season with 34 points. Lastly, we have Leavitt a left defenseman with 7 goals and 17 assists. Leavitt had 24 points on the season. Leavitt lead the Whalers in hits with 119, takeaways with 32, and shots blocked with 122 (43 higher than the next closest player). These 4 players had 142 of the 452 points (~30%) for the Whalers last season. There loss will be felt but we have a few players that are still here to play. Ako Zile a center Lead the Whalers in points with 44 and will hopefully that that energy into next season. Nikolaj Boyle a right wing made the most shots on goal with 190. We will need to keep pucks going toward the net if we want to win games. Lastly, Alexis Saint-Michel a left wing with a good rookie year. ASM had 18 goals and 20 assists for 38 points. Oh ya, did I mention he is a rookie. There is some real potential for the Whalers to come in strong next season.

256 words

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

ISFL Welfare

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

STL is going to take their losses this offseason but it will probably make us a better team. We will be losing great guys like Doom and Ayers and Pavel Kharlamov who play such a big role in our high scoring offense but at the same time, we have one of the top rookie classes in the league and the class ahead of us is really good to, so we will probably project to go up. 2 years from now, the sky is the limit, especially if this offseason we can add a few young rookies who are dedicated and want to compete. I feel like GM Danny Martson did an outstanding job last offseason and if he could come even anywhere close to that again, STL could get a few cups. It will be hard to move on from the older guys who have personally helped shape me as a player but it is for the better as the future is where the championships are.

Total Words = 169

Unfortunately the crows season is now over after a very close playoff loss and the next season will be a mixed bag. This season we were weakest at goal tender, with me on the team and the fact I am only getting stronger that means that will no longer be an area of weakness for us. We are however losing some serious players our depth on the wings will be decimated with with the potential lose of Ayers being the biggest lose in that position along with 2 further right wing depth players that we could be set to lose. Another big lose will be in defence with Withcheck being called up and also the lose of our star of this season Doom will be another potential loss. We have centres but we do need stronger defenders so that will be our big need hopefully through free agency or trade so we get the best player available in the draft.

WC 160

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2021, 06:38 AM by jackkmart.)

The Vancouver Whalers baby! This year, at least in terms of regular-season results, was underwhelming yet exciting. However, we are still in the playoffs! Some key players may be leaving this year (most of the first-line if I'm not mistaken) but I firmly believe we have a very tasty group of prospects and season 59 rookies. Alex Saint-Michel put up a very impressive 38 points in the regular season (although it should be noted that Dara McQuick has put up more points than him in the playoffs thus far  Tongue) his rookie year. Svechnikov also had an impressive first year at left-defense putting up 22 points and strong defensive stats. Other rookies like Mario, Markus (a late pickup), Sailfish, and Sunfish are all in good spots in terms of TPE and should be set for even bigger things next year (especially Sunfish who is already at 267). With a good draft, or even a mediocre one, the Whalers could be set for a pretty good upcoming season, and principally an even better season after that.

Word Count 175

Next season should be an exciting one for the Detroit Falcons fans. With contenders like Quebec and Kelowna losing their main pieces after these playoffs, the door is wide open for Detroit to grab the Four Star Cup in season 59. The core of this team is build around their s57-58 players and they will most likely have the most 425 TPE builds in the entire league. Unfortunately, three important players about to graduate will be missed for the Falcons. Superstar defenseman Evangelos Giannopoulos will be playing in Hamilton next season. Even though Detroit will still be able to count on 4 defensemen with max out builds, losing your number one d-man still hurts. Starting goaltender Valtteri Aalto also played his last junior campaign. Thankfully, in his limited starts, Podan Podanovic showed great things and is looking like he's ready to assume number one duties. Lastly, top 6 center Daedalus James will be playing in the SHL in the upcoming season. Losing a great talent always sucks, but if there's a position Detroit can afford it, it's this one. Four centers with builds above 350 TPE are still on the roster. Anything less than a finals appearance would be a disappointment.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

This is an exciting time for the Carolina Kraken. We went into the season with big expectations, and we finished a little bit under where we thought we'd be. However, almost all of our rookies are active and putting in the hours in the gym and on the ice.. It's going to be a very good team next season, and for the next couple of seasons after that if we keep building on our potential.

After our exit from the playoffs, we were able to confirm we'd be losing Aleksander Koslov, Kyle Murray, and Vincent Wolfe. All three of these guys are absolute gems in the locker room, and major parts of our team and our chemistry. It's going to be a big loss to the team, but I feel like our management has built us up in such a way that their absence will only be something that ends up helping us grow and come into our own. The next couple of seasons are going to be Kraken time.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

So looking at the team going into next year, we only currently expect to have a few changes from next year with the Outlaws having gambled heavily this year on rookies to set the team up for a few seasons. Losing the team’s captain, John Donair, is definitely going to be a blow for us, as he was one of the best players on the team and a crucial leader in the locker room and on the ice. I think that we’ll definitely see a few people step up to become leaders for next year, and that will also be important in seeing how this team can adapt. I think we’re going to be in a strong position next year though, or at least stronger. I would expect us to be close to .500 on the season, with each of our players taking a good step forward in their capabilities on the ice. Should be an exciting season in Anaheim! 

WC: 160

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

The Newfoundland Berserkers have exceeded all expectations this season, performing tremendously well in the regular season and now currently leading the Nevada Battleborn 2-1 in their playoff quarter final matchup. Going into next season, the Berserkers look like they will be in great shape to compete for the Four Star Cup. While the loss of captain Vaseline Podcalzone is bound to be felt, he is the only current player that appears to not be returning to Newfoundland for another season. With a number of players stepping up to the 425 cap and the Berserkers' strong S58 draft class all likely to be pushing close to the 350 cap, Newfoundland are going to be a team with incredible depth throughout the lineup. The Berserkers will look to add a few rookies to the squad in the draft, but the sheer number of returning players means that they will have dynamic threats throughout the depth chart and are projecting to be a very difficult team to beat next season.

Code:
167 words

This next season will be very interesting for Armada to see where we end up. Our goaltending throughout the first 2/3rds of the season was absolutely phenomenal but because of that we could realistically see Tendy being called up to the SHL next season. That leaves a bit of a gap in that area for next year and hopefully some young talent can be brought in to fill the gap. Our defensive core on the other hand is young and ready to bloom. Even if our goaltending isn't maybe the same caliber, our defense will be able to fill in the gaps and carry the team forward. Depending on how this next draft goes, I think the team will be in a very similar position to what we're in right now and will be cup pretenders. As with every team, old faces leave and new faces step up to fill in the gaps. Can't wait for the rest of the playoffs, the draft and next season!
(167 words)
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2021, 08:57 PM by GoonerBear.)

We're gonna have to have someone step up at wing in place of Vaseline Podcalzone, who is wrapping up his fourth full season this time around in Newfoundland. The way he's been progressing, surely, the Seattle Argonauts will want him up next season. Bás O'Bigbers and Dwayne Gretzky, if they stay for another round of seasoning, though, will surely step into that role and grow into their own. Other than that, we look to have largely the same group as before. On defense, Billy Brooks is our most advanced defender, and there's an appreciable chance he goes after two seasons down. Defensemen are almost always in need. For our greater place in the league, we might have a decent chance at challenging for the division and look stronger going into next postseason. We're still in this one at the time of writing, sure, though being more certain doesn't hurt. Plus, the Citadelles look to lose more to call-ups than us, so that would also work in our favor. I'll go out on a full limb and say next season, we take the division and go no shorter than the Four Star Cup Finals. Whether we win it when we get there is up in the air, though I'm pretty confident in us.

(212)

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]