Create Account

S58 PT #6 Your Season

I will be perfectly honest i have no idea how Simon Takshak, or even the Atlanta Inferno organization, fared at all this season. For all I know, the Inferno are a bottom feeder team, worst in the league, yada yada yada. I do know, however, that Simon Takshak (son of tokek takshak) is bar none the single best player in the simulation hockey league, or shl for short. He's built different, he's a freak of nature, he stands soemwhere between 5 and 4 feet tall and hes a fucking god on the ice. I think he's scored at least 69 (sixty nine) goals this season, primarily by putting the puck in the net of the opposing team. This is his main tactic to score goals, and it is a major contributing factor to his effectiveness on the ice for the atlanta inferno, a SHL franchise based in atlanta

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

This season wasn't the greatest for Joseph Weston. In all honesty, it could have been much better. From start to finish he was just a hand or two down from everyone else and sometimes that's just how the cards fall. While I wish things could have turned out better, you can't win them all. So now it's just back to the grindstone to make things work and be somehow better than they were, but I'm entirely unsure how to make that happen. I love the guy and want to continue to see him succeed, but at this point it's like there are separate entities between Weston and the player themselves, with wildly different goals for their experience within the Simulation Hockey League. But it's interesting to think about that now at least, now that I've acknowledged how it may be better to split the role I fulfill as a simulated player and the role I fill as a member of head office

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Looking back on this previous season, I don't think there's any question that I didn't live up to the personal expectations that I had going into it.
This current season, I put up 24 goals and 21 assists good for 45 points in total.
Although this wasn't terrible, it was quite the step back from the previous season where I had 32 goals, 34 assists and 66 points in total. I knew going in that it would be hard to match those numbers again as we had a few trades in the New England Wolf Pack organization that would take away some of my teammates that I was meshing well with.
It's always hard to try and top a season that you're coming off winning most improved player. I'm hoping that in the future after I get a few more updates in me that I'll be able to surpass what I once had.

This past season, I performed much better offensively than I had in my rookie season. In my sophmore season, I was able to put up 5 goals and 21 assist for 26 points this season. More importantly is that my shooting percentage went up 7%. I was able to get a lot more shots through traffic and find the back of the net with more training this past off season. I doubled my offensive production from last year where I only had 13 points. My physicality took a major step forward as I recorded 70 hits on the season, nearly doubling my 42 a season ago. One aspect I was determined to improve at however was my giveaway to takeaway ratio. While i still had the same amount of giveaways this season with 33, I was able to improve my defensive pay and double my takeaways from 15 to 29. I am pleased with my 2nd SHL season and the personal improvement I made. As long as I can continue my growth, hopefully my team will overcome the playoff drought and get in next season.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

I am very happy with my players performance this season. I increased my points from 42 points last season to 52 this season. totalling 19 goals and 33 assists. I am happy to have passed 50 points and how texas is looking i should hopefully stay above that. my plus - minus shot up as well to +49 from +24, but my other defensive stats havent changed much, i only got 3 more hits than last year, going up to 83. And had the exact same number of shots blocked at 98.
As of right now though i have played 5 playoff games this season and still haven't earned a point, so that is something im hoping changes in the next round and the next few seasons as Texas continues to grow. as well as increasing my IIHF point totals, last season i got 9 points in 12 games which i am happy with, though would gladly take a few more.

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Overall this season was a big downgrade from my last season. In almost all categories my stats were somewhat worse then the previous season. One of my few improvements was goals in which I scored 8, 3 more then my five last season. But with this gain I had 8 less assists leaving me with five less points in total then my previous season. With that said my player is not meant to be a particularly offensive minded player. Sadly my defensive stats were not much better anyway, as dumb as the stat is my plus minus was a whole 23 points lower at a -9. Another of the few improvements was both my hits being much better getting an extra 60 hits on last season to 121 and getting my takekaways up a whole 17 over the season. All in all my offensive stats suffered more then my defensive stats which is less of a problem to me. As my teammates improved I did as well and i’m sure having a more veteran core next season will help me on my stat lines as well.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

This season was a bit of a weird one. I had my expectations set after the last two years seemed to display what kind of player I could be. Back to back Turd Fergusons might not be a proud achievement to some, but for me it was awesome. There was also the physicality in the hits department as well, with my player nearly topping the 400 mark in a dominant league leading total.

Instead, I got a very weird unexpected result, as it seemed like the stats I was getting this season were the stats that legendary Nat Emerson were getting with us. my PIMs went way down, which was sad for my prediction TPE but probably for the best of the team. However my hits also went way down, which was rather disheartening. My blocks were at a consistent amount though, and the biggest thing that went up was my DGR. Despite feeling like a good defensive player in the past, I always had a low DGR. Now, with me feeling like a rather meh defensive player this year, I garnered the second best DGR in the league, putting my name hopefully in the top Defensive Defenseman convo. Now I have no idea what to expect next season

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

I achieved on the ice what I set out to do. I hit many many individuals without being locked in a box all season like some other individual who took to the goon life. At the same time, I blocked a competitive number of shots.

I didn't tank my +/- and didn't take the glory of many points. It's the exact kind of season I would like to have, although if the team performed better, I would like a higher rating.

I expect I would have had more short handed time on ice if I wasn't a leading PIM getter on the squad, but they still let me have a little bit of fun on the power play.

We've got one more shot to win a cup before S50 becomes the decade without a cup for Winnipeg, so here's hoping we can build upon the recent success in the last two seasons. Maybe it would help if I updated next season, but I felt great about my performance, so the higher TPE may have been a curse.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]