Create Account

S58 PT #6 Your Season

This season was rather very disappointing for Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. Being signed to the infamous Steelhawks, Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr and his agent firmly believed that he will pass the 40 point barrier but instead ibra jr finished with one of the worst season in terms of points. He had a measly 32 points to end the season, where many anticipated him to do much better. With a more developed build, it only makes sense that he performs better but instead Zlatan regressed in terms of performance. He finished with less points, less special points, less shots on goal and even less hits. Only thing that Zlatan ibrahimovic did better was Blocked shots and +/-. +/- is a given since they play for a more stacked team in Steelhawks who finished first in their division. His agent believed that he will fair much better on a better team but this has not been realized. Some say that since he was playing on a more stacked team and his time on the ice was sacrificed compared to in Buffalo, this could have been one of the reasons. Zlatan's ultimate goal is to achieve the Challenge cup so as long as he is able to get this, his individual performance is not to be worried about. He believes that the Steelhawks have all the right pieces to do so. They are a very deep team at forwards and defense. If they have one weakness, it must be their goalie without a doubt. He has the least tpe out of the competing teams so this is worrisome.

[Image: 6c148GU.png]
[Image: 1JDgYfw.png]

I would say that my season was quite eventful but I’m not quite sure yet whether to classify it as an up and down year or simply a slow decline. I started out very strongly, storming out off the gate and even capturing the league scoring lead a few games in which I wasn’t able to hold on to for very long, but I still cemented myself as one of the leagues top scorers for the first third of the season. Around the midway point of the season my scoring started to slow down however and it was around the same time that our team’s performance as a whole began to decline as well. The last third or so of the season was particularly tough for us as we seemed to rack up loss after loss, with my lines scoring completely drying up and line changes not having any noticeable effect either. Ultimately I have to be disappointed with how the year ended up both for me and the team.

PBE Affiliation

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

My goal for the season was 40 points, and I really thought it was a pipe dream. I exceeded my own expectations by finishing with 47 points. It was my first season of 20-plus goals (27) and 20 or more assists. While my hits and blocked shots were down from previous seasons, my overall play was very solid. I led the team in goals, takeaways, and shooting percentage. All of this was done with the 9th highest ice time on the team. The previous 2 seasons combined I had only 40 total points. I was also a minus 33 for my career until this now. S58 was the season I became a star on the team with 47 points and a plus 23. Hopefully, I can continue this high quality play in the playoffs and help lead us to a championship. With great teammates, anything is possible. We are strong at every position, and have excellent leadership. No matter what happens, this has been such a fun season in Newfoundland. Let's go Berserk!

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

PBE Affiliate PT +3 TPE

I feel I had a decent season despite being tied for 4th most defenseman points on the falcons. 30 points is not bad, if I was strictly trying for offense I'd probably be a bit upset, but as a two way D man who is looking to be more defensively responsible than some sort of offensive dynamo I don't mind so much. My +/- was the best on the team at +30, and I had a respectable 62 Defensive Game Rating. Overall on a personal level I think the season was a success. From a team prospective I think it went better than most people expected with the Falcons finishing the season 1st in our division with a very respectable 40 - 21 - 5 record. That was good enough for 3rd in the conference and 4th in the league. I think the Falcons are set to have a decent playoff run too, hopefully I can help get the team going on a deep run.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PBE PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

This season I had very low expectations for Calvin Hobbes as he was being called up to the SHL franchise New England Wolfpack after only three years in the minors. With that, and the fact that it's not secret the New England Wolfpack is struggling during the rebuild (that's hopefully nearing it's end). With those facts in mind, I'm more than pleased with the season Calvin Hobbes had, with 141 blocked shots placed in 3rd most blocked shots in the team (29th league wide) and 20 points in a rookie season with limited ice time. 11 goals, 9 assists isn't too bad, but I would obviously want more assists as that is supposed to be the strength of Calvin Hobbes game.

In other stats it was fine with a relatively low number of penalties and not too many give aways compared to take aways.

Team wise we're disappointed to have missed the playoffs, but we know our time will come soon when we will shine and be a force to be reckoned with!

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Well, the regular season started out really tough for Maine. We had a lot of rookies so there were definitely some growing pains. As the season progressed, we finally started winning games on a more consistent basis. The damage was done early in the season where we barely won any games, so the 12th seed was inevitable. We're playing much better now and I'm proud of the improvement the rookies have made. We also signed quite a few awesome trade deadline waiver guys who have helped give us some depth so we can play well for 3 full periods. As far as my stats go, I ended up with 13 goals and 20 assists making me the 4th highest point getter in Maine (not bad for a defenseman). On the defensive side of the puck (you know what I'm actually supposed to be doing), I lead the team in hits with 130. Overall, I'm pleased with my individual performance and proud of the guys in Maine sticking with it despite a tough season. I'm looking forward to our growth next season.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

Code:
Written task: Tell me about your season. What kind of stats did you put up? How did that compare to what you were hoping for at the start of the season? How did your team do? Whatever you like really, just a recap of the season for your player (150+ words)

This season has been a very interesting one for myself with the Edmonton  Blizzard My goal was to hit the 60 point mark but I ultimately fell short by 3 points. However, I did manage to set a career high in assists with 42 when my previous best was 30. I guess the previous season was an anomaly for goal production because this season I scored 15 times when I somehow managed to get 29 goals in S57. Towards the latter half of the season, I started to pick up the pace more and hopefully that continues in the post season for me. The playoffs are currently ongoing so I hope to be a big factor in these playoffs for however long it goes.

As a team we finished 3rd in the western conference and 2nd in our division behind the Calgary  Dragons Many believed that with the $12M cap penalty towards us this season that we would perform worse, but we've managed to adjust well to the penalty with many players taking team friendly contracts to compensate.

For fantasy I managed to finish 4th while being in the bottom half for most of the season! (Thanks to my fantasy roster for picking up the pace last minute)

(208 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

This season was a small step back for me in Quebec City, as I put up a .918 save percentage in 34 games, compared to my .920 last season in 41 games. It was also a little bit of a bigger step back for me in Chicago since I put up a .902 with 0 shutouts in 9 games this season, while last season I had a .940 in 5 games, two of which were shutouts. I'm hoping that this season being a step back means that I'll be able to have two steps forward over the next two seasons and hopefully help Chicago get back into the playoffs. One thing that I am happy with is that in Quebec City, my goals against average has only gotten lower every season. It started as a 3.91 in season 55, then a 2.90 in season 56, then a 2.38 in season 57, and finally a 1.96 this season. I know that this is more of a team stat and it's definitely reflected by the Citadelles getting better and better, but it's something that I'm happy with nonetheless.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

This was an interesting season for Jon St. Ark. It was an improvement over last year, but a small degree. Significant improvements in GAA and save percentage, but less wins and more losses overall. Much better shutout numbers to boot. I think my season was pretty indicative of the Whalers' season overall. Generally it was an improvement in terms of the play on the ice. Yeah we scored fewer goals, but the defense was much improved and the offense wasn't that off the mark compared to the previous season. However, that did not translate to an increased win total, and we finished slightly in the hole in terms of differential. Still, I think this is a better, and certainly more balanced team than the one that made it to the second round of the playoffs last year. So, despite finishing with more losses than wins, I consider this season an overall success for myself and am looking forward to what I can bring to the table next year.

Word Count: 168

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

While Darrow had a decent season, all together, I think you have to call it a disappointment for Seattle. The team found they were being sabotaged by he who must not be named for 3 seasons, despite a talent infusion with Gabe Johnson and Reid Sutherland. Johnson was a top offensive force while Darrow was the steadier defensive contributor. Even then, Darrow compiled his seventh straight 25+ assist season and 9th straight season with 25 or more points. Beyond that, Darrow picked up where he left off S57 with 135 hits, 58 takeaways and 222 blocked shots. That last one is good for third most in the league; it’s a drop from his career, season, and league record 312 blocked shots, but still very good. He also played a league high 25:26 per night, and did it all for the Argonauts. Individually, Darrow was again a top 10 fantasy player doing a little bit of everything. The wins didn’t come with tragic season from Thor Odinson in net, but Darrow and the Argos are poised for a potential breakout in S59.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Some of Chimkin Tendy’s stats weren’t great this season, especially compared to last season. The win column was a bit lower, as was the shutouts and the goals against average, but the save percentage was a bit higher than last year.
The difference between last season and this season is that Anchorage absolutely carried Tendy last season, making him look really good. It’s the reason the awards committee said Tendy didn’t deserve goaltender of the season last season. This season is different, though, and Tendy’s stats are much more a product of his outstanding play this season with an Anchorage Armada team that isn’t quite as good as it was last year.
Tendy probably still won’t win goalie of the season this season, even though he absolutely deserves it more than any other goalie (my unbiased opinion chiming in there), but a guy can dream, right?
Stick around for the thunderdome post if Tendy doesn’t win that award.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤