Create Account

S58 Championship Week

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?
Next season I won't be able to help my team, the Kelowna Knights, getting back in the playoffs and winning the cup. Sadly for Pearce, this season was his last one with the Knights and this offseason was his last chance at getting the Four-Star cup. But, if he would had another chance at it next season, he wouldn't change anything about how he played during the season. S58 was the best season of his short career by far, winning the Roberto Martucci Trophy with ease and getting nominated for both the public and comitee Season MVP. Maybe he would try to score more and make that league goals reccord even further away, why not make it all the way up to 50 goals? But something that he would change for sure would be how he played in the playoffs. I don't know what but something changed during the offseason, the pressure was higher and the other teams were better prepared against him and he wasn't able to even score once! if a team want to win the cup, they need their best players to be at their best and sadly Pearce wasn't at his best at all, ending with zero goals and four assists, nothing in power play and a plus minus of -2. Even his give/takeaways were horrendous with 12 giveaways and only 5 takeaways, way far off the standards he had during the season. But as much as he'd like to redo this offseason, he can't and he need to focus himself back to what he was doing best, because his new team this season, the Minnesota Monarchs, will need a Kynwyl Pearce at his best to be able to see the playoffs in S59

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
Best team to not make the finals in the juniors is easilly the Kelowna Knights. with how the playoffs are made, with teams not seeded and potentially having the number one and two teams playing against in the semis, it is bound to happen a lot to have a great team falling short of the big series. this season, it was the Knights who, even with a 109 points season, faced their nemesis from the east in the semi finals. long story short, Citadelles won that series with ease, shoving the knights out of the series early and continued to win the cup against Anchorage. Why the knights were the best team to not make the finals? two players. Kynwyl Pearce and Damien Vertigo. Vertigo ended the season with an impressive reccord of 40-6-2 and a SV% of 0.923 and Pearce filled the net this season, with a league reccord 43 goals and easilly won the Roberto Martucci Trophy, nine goals more than Igor Petroc and Mew Two

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.
[Image: 4tLpKos.png]

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

For this season, I'll go with a dark horse and go with a player that did really well but failed to even go in the finals. For me, the series MVP should be defensemen Adam Barron from the Toronto North Stars. Yeah I know it's not usual to choose a MVP from the winning team, but Barron did really well this offseason, tied with three other players for the most points as a Dmen. He also showed the highest plus minus of the playoffs with a plus fifteen. his numbers in give and takeaways are also great, with 10 takeaways and only 4 giveaways. But what makes him more worthy over Scarn, Wilson or Hernadivic is that he was the only player who won a fight, against Michael Scarn.

Code:
15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Milestones 3 TPE

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

A big shootout to all of my teammates in Kelowna and mostly the organisation, for keeping it up with Kynwyl's frustation over the past seasons for being useless. You did a good job with the team and I even was able to have one hell of a season this last season,  too bad it didn't worked in the playoffs. Thanks for making it an interesting junior career for me :D

@Evok I still love you even if you eliminated us, thanks again for showing me this site a couple years ago .

And for all of my Monarchs, past and present, with whom I've shared a LR with for 4 years already. There's way too many to tag and I don't want to miss one so I won't even try to begin. Love you all guys and gals and keep making me hungry in the middle of the night!

[Image: uktCsuX.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 11:47 PM by jeffie43.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?
Looking back on the season I found Minnesota's early run really surprising considering how they lack strength in comparison to some of their division rivals in the Seattle Argonauts and the Winnipeg Jets. Their goalie had played out of his mind and was putting up some great numbers and stringing together great games early on. This really surprised me as I did not think the Chiefs were capable of winning this many games and giving the Jets and ourselves. Aside from that, watching the Toronto North Stars make the playoffs for the first time in a long time was really surprising. Nothing against the team or the players of course but the consensus around the league was that we would once again see the Hamilton Steelhawks, Chicago Syndicate and the Buffalo Stampede going for the Challenge Cup once again but it was definitely a pleasant surprise to see Toronto pull it all together in order to upset the defending champs, the Chicago Syndicate.

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why
I would gladly take the 2nd option as no penalties would be huge. I can see some of my players (Mostly my own, Jack Kanoff) playing a little dirty and intentionally injuring players on the opposing team until they had nobody they could play. Jack is a player that has never been afraid to do whatever is best for the team and the finals would be all the more reason for him to get down and dirty with it. Not to mention the ability to bomb the puck down the ice and hope someone gets it. With dmen like Darrow and Gabe Johnson, Jack knows that he can speed skate it down the ice while they can get him the puck in a prime position to score.

Code:
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?
One thing I would attempt to do differently next season would be attempt to coach and test tactics more effectively from an individual standpoint. Trying not to miss Point Tasks and Activity Checks would certainly help a lot as well. Along with that getting a more active team this season would certainly help with some off-season additions coming through as our team is now going to be much improved after some low TPE inactives holding our team back in some big games. Certainly the addition of Vaseline Podcalzone (AKA Beeg Yoshi) is going to be absolutely incredible as he's been nothing short of amazing in the LR and I absolutely cannot wait to see the antics he will pull when he actually starts playing in the SHL. Having a more active LR in this upcoming season would also help retention and keeping players active as it keeps everyone active and engaged and that's what we are going to need in the future. I can't wait for the upcoming season.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
I believe the x-factor this series is certainly going to be the goalies. Jobin has historically been a point of weakness for Hamilton and while Doyle hasn't been too hot this postseason for Buffalo, she's still coming off one of the greatest seasons for a goalie maybe ever. This is gonna be the battle of the netminders and although I do think HAM has the edge overall in terms of team strength, Doyle certainly has the potential to single handedly win the series for BUF.

Code:
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

Here you go + 2

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.
Fuck I have way too many people to thank for. I guess I can start with @Ferda who I pretty much talk to on a nightly basis. He's easily one of my best friends on the site even though he's always yelling at me when we play games sadge. Thank you @Gwdjohnson for being a super cool dude who's always been there for me when needed. I know you've been busy with work and all lately but the occasional game nights and all that have been incredibly fun and I've enjoyed all of it, even if your rollercoaster designs are absolute shit. @fishy thanks for always being there to talk ball or soccer and being a super cool dude to shoot the shit with everyday, it's been super fun hanging out with you in OCO even tho we're both IA as fuck there. @notorioustig thanks for being a sick GM and bringing me aboard Seattle, it's been a couple of rough seasons but I'm excited to see what the future holds for us. @Paq fuck you IA ass I miss talking to you everyday. @reid ever since you've joined Seattle the LR's been much more fun and I wanted to thank you for not reporting me for tampering. All memes aside I'm excited to spend these next few seasons and see your player keep performing poorly hopefully win something together

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

The result out of the playoffs race in the Great Lakes was one of the biggest surprises. I don't think many people thought that Chicago was the one that would miss out. If I'm not mistaken it's also the first time since the FHM Era that the team to win the Challenge Cup miss the playoffs the season after, and I don't think that many people saw that coming. There's other teams that made the playoffs that surprised me too, like San Francisco and Baltimore. I don't think any of these teams were thought to make the playoffs, its even quite funny that they made it while Chicago didn't. Tampa not making was a bit of a surprise to me, but I'm sure next season they'll make it. I was also personally expecting Texas to make it further, but again I think next season they definitely could. Next season will be definitely full of surprises I think.
157 words

Next season, I think I will definitely focus on my defensive play. I think i've been splitting my style too much between offense and defense, and it makes me confused on the ice. Rex Kirkby can do the offensive plays on his own perfectly fine, all I would need is do my part and prevent the opponents to score, Kirkby can't do that as much as I could if I focus on my defensive play. I want to focus on getting the shots blocked, as we usually get more shots on us than we do on the others. I am definitely towards the end of my career though, so I should give it all I've got and maybe try to snatch a trophy, I think I could get maybe the Bojo Biscuit, with a little bit of luck. And who knows maybe Atlanta can make the finals soon if I improve my defense.
153 words

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

a. I think Buffalo has a strong locker room, which could help them defeat Hamilton. If they play well as a team and as an unit, they can definitely out play Hamilton. But as soon as they start not playing together anymore, lose that special chemistry between the players, they will lose, unfortunately.
52 words
b. While both sides are pretty close in my opinion, I think the best offense takes the edge just a little bit. You still need goals to win in hockey, even if you defend exceptionally well, you still need to score goals to actually win. But if you let a lot of goals but outscore them, then you can win.
59 words
c. Both are pretty good, but I think I prefer Buffalo's. I just prefer the green and yellow, I think it's a very good color combination. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the Hamilton logo, but it's not that bad really. As for location I don't really care that much, both are ok.
53 words
d. Matt Kholin. He's a guy that plays well under pressure, and a good team player and presence in the locker room. After that, I would go for Samuel Michaud. Big defenseman very good defensively and offensively. Then I would go for Rotticus Scott, just a wonderkid, does great on the ice. Finally let's go for Augustus Wang. Just because of his huge cock. That's all.
65 words

SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3012368

16. Written, 3 TPE

I want to give a quick shoutout to my good friend Gabriel Johnson, aka @Gwdjohnson . I know the meme is to shit on him as much as possible, but memes aside he's a very cool guy that is very funny and that I very much enjoy being around, keep being cool my man

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]