Create Account

S58 SMJHL Championship Week

ISFL PT +3
Milestones +3
2) For Quebec City’s fan appreciation day, Evok and Flex have made every player chip in a special item to be put to raffle for one of the Citadelles dedicated fans to take home. Shane Duffy Jr., one of QCCs rookies, has chosen to submit his authentic, game used hockey stick from the game in which he scored his first goal, from Game 8 of the season against the Anaheim Outlaws. The stick has been framed up on Duffys wall since then, and it means the world to him, but it would mean even more to him to see one of his amazing fans smiling when they got the item. As an added bonus, this item will probably be worth an absolute mint when Duffy is an super mega star in 15 seasons time, at least that’s what he’s hoping. +2

9) To be fair, this task is pretty easy for me considering I play for the Quebec City Citadelles, but my favourite playoff series by far was the finals. The absolute buzz in the locker room after the Game 1 win against Anchorage, seeing everyone go wild after goals from Petrov and Beranek pushed us to a 3-0 series lead. Even the camaraderie that was shown after the setback in Game 4. To finally the ecstasy that was flowing throughout the entire locker room after a 6-0 thrashing in Game 5 gave us, the Citadelles, our first ever championship. It was truly an amazing series. +2

14) When it comes to Finals MVP, it’s a pretty difficult choice for me to make, considering how many players on the Quebec City Citadelles could be award it, but I think when you look at the pure facts, the Finals MVP simply have to be Quebec City’s goalie, Mat Smith. First of all, Smith only conceded 2 goals in regulation time over the entire series, .4 goals a game!! The only loss QCC suffered in the series couldn’t be attributed to him at all, rather his shitty offense failing to score more than 1 goal off of 24 shots, an absolute abysmal conversion rate. In the first game of the series Smiths SV% was .947, in Game 2 it was .950, in Game 3 it was 1.0, Game 4 was where it dropped a bit, “only” being at .778 and in Game 5 it was also 1.0. Simply outstanding, two shutouts in one of the biggest series of his career to date. +3

16) trivia done - verification word - LB3737, +3

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Ville Kurri is currently a grinder/two way forward, with potential to be a power forward in the future. His first and most important instinct is puck retrieval. If you dump the puck in, he wants to get it. If you turn it over, he wants to get it back. If he retrieves the puck, he will do his best to give it to someone with more offensive potential. Hitting, stick checking, board battles are Kurri's strong suit. Kurri's highlight reel will be filled with key takeaways of neutral zone passes that lead to odd man rushes the other way. Kurri played winger in Finland, but his overall game suits the center ice position well and the Armada have played him as such. Kurri has expressed that he is fine with third line ice time with the potential to move up if you want to shut down opponent's star players. He only asks for PK1 time in return.

Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Mew Two is a hard name to pass up because I am a pokemon fan, but I have to go with Alimony Tony. It's a funny name with a funny backstory and it is not easy to pick the best name so its kind of like throwing darts at a dartboard.
B. Being honest I'd say Anchorage had the stronger run. St. Louis, and Newfoundland are very strong teams but they were able to dismantle their offense and keep the games very low scoring. Detroit is a shithole and will never win because they're a clown franchise so that was an easy series dub.
C. Newfoundland absolutely gobsmacked Anchorage one game 8 to zero, and just couldn't find the offense in the other games. The Berserkers would likely have to solve Tendy much like St. Louis did in order to win their series. Kelowna I didn't follow, maybe have #A-Rye have some more epic parm moments I dont know.
D. Jean-Locke Zidane was an absolute stud for the Armada all season long, since the trade at least. Near perfect defensive game ratings every game, dishing apples like nobody's business, he is the only player that could rival Tendy for Armada MVP. Zidane will continue to crush opponents as he develops and the rookies develop on the team around him.

Task #5 - 3 TPE
For this challenge I am going to construct the defensive dream team. Starting with David S. Pumpkins, who was a fourth liner for the Armada squad, but was a takeaway machine and kept the other team off the board. Kev Kevens for the Citadelles also played a shutdown role on the top line. Tokkulu Lakkamaa logged some heavy minutes on the top line of the Armada, and helped set up his linemates after some key takeaways. The back end for the Citadelles had a stronger season defensively, and the pairing of Jari Heikkinen and Jasper Maximov were amazing for the team. Shutting down the top players in the SMJHL is no easy feat but the pair did so night after night with ease. In net I'd go with Tendy, who had an mvp caliber season behind a team that just couldn't score. They say defense wins championships, but that is not always the case.

Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.
VW: FuckQuebec

Code:
Task #17 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3009633

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 06:48 AM by Gaia Mormont.)

Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words

Sekai Wollker, having spent his childhood in Iceland was thrilled to go to Anaheim in his rookie year where he quickly discovered the joy of Disneyland in his neighbourhood.  One of these adventures he came across a young blind boy on a trip all the way from Venice, Italy with his family and decided to tour them around and describe in vivid, excited detail everything to the young boy.  The day trip for the family and Sekai became so memorable that the young Anaheim rookie decided he would like to support more blind kids from Venice.  Even though it’s far from home, Sekai felt so moved by his good-will act he has decided to start up a charity and put up the initial costs for the charity out of his own pocket.  It is already in the works for another Italian child to travel to Disneyland to experience the joy of the renowned theme park with the help of Sekai and his new charity, “Supporting the Venetian Blind”.  We wish him luck in the future with this endeavour.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

The rookie season for Sekai Wollker started out slowly but that was to be expected. A whole gaggle of rookies appeared in Anaheim so the beginning of the season was shaky.  About halfway through, something lit a fire under Sekai’s arse and he started to light it up both defensively and offensively.  The offense was a total surprise, as he was was training to be a shut down defensemen but when the sun shines, it’s time to harvest.  Sekai ended the season with 28 points and very impressive stats in shots on goal, hits, shots blocked and showed an incredible improvement in take-aways.  His penalty minutes racked up early to 24 but then shut down completely to end the season giving Wollker excellent experience on the penalty kill.  A few improvements are definitely getting some physical stats up to other elite members of the SMJHL in order to compete and always improving the defense which was absolutely a weakness for Anaheim in season 59.  Nowhere to go but up. The future is bright

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Getting eliminated in the first round of the playoffs this season was absolutely no surprise to the Anaheim Outlaws.  Frankly, we were just happy to be included, but then all teams are included so it takes away some of that glory. We were a team of rookies this year so in theory, all those rookies will be significantly better next year.  Most have put incredible effort into their own improvement and I think the team will barely look the same next year in terms of success.  When it comes to playoffs next year, I fully expect Anaheim to be a contending team, maybe not to win quite yet, though you never know, but a definite improvement on this season.  If we can put it all together and build some line chemistry the Outlaws will be so much better.  A number of players will be capped by the start of the season so right from the get-go Anaheim will be so different and its very exciting to look forward to.

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S59 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Sekai Wollker going into the season 59 draft is nothing short of exciting as hell.  This young, Icelandic recruit has been showing the perks where the perks matter.  Nearly max earning in TPE, he is among the top rookies for this total.  SHL teams are always on the lookout for these overachievers and Sekai is definitely one of them.  The beast totals he put up this season were nothing to scoff at for a rookie playing on a team that was at the bottom of the standings for much of the season.  And he just got better as the season went on.  A few SHL GM’s might be concerned about the very low +/- that Wollker posted but that can be attributed to the defensive unit consisting of 5 rookies.  They let a lot of goals slip by but it was a team effort.  The stat is hard to improve when the average TPE of Anaheim’s rookie  defensemen being nearly 200 lower than the average TPE of the top teams. All-in-all, Sekai Wollker will be a wonderful addition to whatever team picks him.

Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.

A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

Jorg Fuchs was my favourite player name of the players on Quebec and Anchorage.  Mostly because I like to mispronounce it to a certain frowned-upon, in some societies, four letter f-word. The elaboration of this mispronunciation is very entertaining to the low-browed beasts such as myself.  It can be a verb.  “This Fuching guy”.  Or it can be an expression of concern, “For Fuch’s sake”.  Even as a way to get his attention.  “Fuch!  You!  Ya you” So many ways this name can be utilized by pronouncing it wrong.  Or perhaps all the time this name had been pronounced wrong by everybody else and I was right.

Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

milestones  +3

[Image: WcULpFF.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:02 PM by gaby.)

Task 7 - 2 TPE
I know there are some limitations in FHM for playoffs format, so it keeps options limited. But in a perfect world, here's what I would prefer. First of all, even if the SMJHL is a developmental league, I'd rather if not all teams made the playoffs. It makes the regular season worthless. I would remove all divisions and conferences, teams often relocate anyway it's not like there are that many great rivalries. The 8 teams with the most points make the playoffs, 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc. no re-seeds after rounds. That way, you avoid scenarios like Kelowna and Quebec having to face off each other early on when they were clearly the two best teams.

Task 10 - 3 TPE
Next season should be an exciting one for the Detroit Falcons fans. With contenders like Quebec and Kelowna losing their main pieces after these playoffs, the door is wide open for Detroit to grab the Four Star Cup in season 59. The core of this team is build around their s57-58 players and they will most likely have the most 425 TPE builds in the entire league. The defensive core and center depth is absolutely stack and as we all know, defense wins championship. Detroit can count on one of the best management team so we know they will find the right lines with all that talent. The Armada has been a problem for the Falcons eliminating them in their last two playoffs. I believe them and Newfoundland will be their main competitors. Anything less than a finals appearance would be a disappointment though. The next two seasons Detroit will be able to truly compete, and as a player, it's nice when the majority of your junior career you played on a good squad.

Task 12 - 3 TPE
MARCO BARENGRUB - CENTER - DETROIT FALCONS - SMJHL S58 #42 PICK

Barengrub had a decent rookie campaign with the Detroit Falcons playing center on the 4th line and finishing with 25 points. He also showed great progression throughout the season, he's currently in the top 10 in his draft class for TPE earned. The biggest reason for his success is his defensive skills, which allows his team to trust him to protect the lead. He contributes in his own end, and is able to kill penalties effectively while also being a threat to score a shorthanded goal due to his speed. He's not incredibly skilled offensively, nor does he possess a truly elite shot, but he's a hard worker with a high compete level. His playmaking and puck handling allow his linemates to generate offense.  Barengrub has the potential to become in the SHL a responsible top 9 defensive forward who can provide value to any team in any system. Even though he's seen as a team player, he's not a leader in the locker room.

Task 13 - 4 TPE
A.
I'm fairly sure the popular choice here was Mew Two. Well, as a french canadian, there's an another name that caught my attention more. And that is Kev Kevens of the Quebec Citadelles. Keven is quite a popular forename in Quebec and an unforgivable youtube video is related to that name. I really recommend for everyone to watch it, aweille Keven lâche po!

B.
I feel like Quebec is the best team on paper, but Anchorage has all the momentum going for them. It will be interesting to see but unfortunately I don't see a good ending for these boats cinderella run. Quebec is on an another level compared to Detroit and Newfoundland, I can't see them losing. If we're being honest, the real finals was QCC vs KEL. And we know how it ended.

C.
Kelowna has the 2nd best roster on paper, sure facing Quebec in the semis is a tough draw but they should have done better than losing in 5. I feel in a different timeline if Vertigo actually plays like he did in the regular season, Kelowna would advance. Newfoundland had more talent than Anchorage, I feel like the game changer here is line combinations. In an another parallel universe, they found the right one and are now competing for the Four Star cup.

D.
Quebec is loaded with talent but from an outside perspective, Zdenko Beranek seems like the guy for them. When he's hot, the team performs really well. When he's cold like last season playoffs, the Citadelles aren't looking infallible. The Armada are the current champs but lost multiple pieces in the offseason. They were able to rely on Chimkin Tendy to steal games for them between the pipes all year long. It helps a younger team to have such a reliable goaltender.

Task 16 - 3 TPE
VW: tarte

Task 17 - 1 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3009947

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Task #10 - 3 TPE
There is plenty to be excited about if you are a Newfoundland Berserkers season heading into S59. While the team may have fallen short in S58, it was a bonus season as the youth movement was still growing into their competitive window that opens next season. The draft class from the S57 SMJHL Draft will be able to apply 425 TPE, meaning we will have 6 players reaching their full SMJHL potential, tied with Kelowna for the most in the league this upcoming season. On top of that, strong drafting in the S58 SMJHL Draft means that another six youngsters will be at their maximum 350 TPE throughout the regular season, with a further couple of players reaching that by the time the postseason rolls around. The cherry on top of the development of youth in Newfoundland is that division-rival and reigning Four-Star Champions Quebec City should see their competitive window begin to close with many players expected to be called up to their respective teams and less impressive draft classes in recent memory. (174 Words)

Task #12 - 3 TPE
With one day to go before the S59 SHL Entry Draft, let's take a deep dive into last season's first overall pick in the junior draft, Aleksandrs Balcers of the Newfoundland Berserkers. Balcers has lived up to and surpassed the expectations that come with being the first overall selection, primarily by being a dominant offensive threat at even strength from the blue line. Aleksandrs led rookie-defencemen in points with a whopping 32, spread across 11 goals and 22 assists, he also finished among the league's best in +/- and numerous advanced stats displaying his ability to control and transition play all over the ice. The major deterrent for SHL teams about Balcers is the fact that his step-brother Espen Knutsen Jr., who motivated him to play hockey, also played well and improved greatly during his time in the SMJHL but once drafted into the SHL the pressure seemed to get to him and fizzled out without ever playing an SHL game. Some think that history may repeat itself for Aleksandrs Balcers but only time will tell and it may be worth taking a gamble on the Latvian that is off to a fast start in his career. (196 Words)

Task #13 - 4 TPE
A. The player with the best name in this championship series has to be Mew Two. The most powerful pokemon in the entire pokeverse has found his way to the SMJHL and will simply boost his teammates with the mere power that his name beholds. I wonder what kind of moves he has in his arsenal that will be the difference for the Cittadelles.
B. Despite Anchorage's surprise run to the championship series, considering their seeding entering the playoffs, I have to give the nod to the form of the team from Quebec City. Their team has been built in order to win the cup this season, and with all eyes on them, they won the hotly contested conference final against the equally talented Kelowna Knights to get to this point.
C. In this alternate universe, Kelowna simply found ways to win the tight games unlike in reality. With two teams so similarly talented it was a series of 7 games, where your focus had to be on each individual game instead of the bigger picture and Kelowna must have locked in their focus. Meanwhile, Newfoundland overcame the lack of experience in their roster and captain Podcalzone got some goal support behind him instead of needing to carry the young team.
D. Despite being a second-year player, with a TPE cap 75 less than some of the third and fourth-year players out on the ice, Mew Two found a way to average a point per game for the Quebec City Cittadelles leading them to the best regular-season record in the league in S58. You need players to step up and Mew Two did just that on his way to what will likely be a regular-season MVP nomination.

Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE
Verification Word: Zerkers

Task #17 - Milestones - 3 TPE
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 10:46 PM by 124715.)

ISFL Affiliation 3 TPE

Task 2 Merch
It gets hot in Carolina sometimes. Unless you’re in the westernmost extent of the region, you’ll find yourself on flat, swampy ground with little escape from the near-tropical sun. Twelve Forty-Seven Fifteen, the hockey player well known for intelligence, proposed that stadium management give the loyal fans… fans. Accordingly, the Carolina Kraken logo was rapidly dot-printed onto thousands of cheap paper manifolds which were stuffed into cardboard containers and shipped. It was a great idea - allow the fans to cool off from the hot weather outdoors, while also using the fan-fan parallelism. Fifteen realized the error of his ways when Kraken supporters entered the arena and sat next to a giant block of ice. Indeed, they were bewildered to receive fans in the cool air of the rink. The Kraken lost, and the fans turned the fans into a sparse orange blanket on the ice in protest.

148 words

Task 8 Reflection

Twelve Forty-Seven Fifteen’s first season was a bit of a mixed bag. The Carolina Kraken that drafted him had a season of ups and downs and of inconsistency, turning in a season that placed them fourth in the East conference of the SMJHL. They were a clear step behind the elites of the conference - Quebec City, Newfoundland, Detroit - but held their own against good teams and beat bad teams. Overall, the Kraken improved from last season with a chance to improve even further given their young roster and high draft selection. Twelve himself had a season that he actually has a lot of trouble evaluating because he knows jack about hockey stats. However, he seemed to make some impact plays as a decent distributor with a seemingly solid 14 assists. Unfortunately, he scored just 8 goals on 86 shots on the goal - certainly not an efficiency to be proud of. Additionally, he recorded 33 giveaways and just 10 takeaways. Yeesh. Still, there’s plenty of time for Twelve to improve and he’s got a long career ahead of him, hopefully!

179 words

Task 13 Make Your Own

13A. There’s something very appealing about the name Tres Sombreros. There’s a sort of dry descriptiveness to it - one pictures a man wearing three wide-brimmed straw hats atop his hockey uniform, precariously juggling the puck and the headwear as he skates down the ice. Perhaps every now and then, a hat skitters off his head and falls to the ice, leaving Dos Sombreros to quickly recover it in shame.
13D. The easy answer to this question is Mew Two. The Quebec City star paced the entire league in points, boasting a 4-point margin over second place as the only player to put up the elusive point per game. He was as balanced as it gets, too - the 69 points he put up came off 34 goals and 35 assists. He filled up the rest of the stat sheet too, and truly helped the Citadelles to where they got to.

69 words, 79 words

Task 16 Trivia:
verification word dramadrama

Task 17 Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3011001

Affiliation - 3 TPE
Task 2 - 2 TPE
Task 8 - 3 TPE
Task 13 - 2 TPE
Task 16 - 3 TPE
Task 17 - 3 TPE

Total - 16 TPE

Task #5
Goalie - Chimkin Tendy ANC, Expected pick, arguably the best goalie we saw this season in smjhl. With 8 shutouts he had great season.
D - Jasper Maximov QCC, One of most dominant defensemans we saw skating this season with impressive 44 points and +/- +42
D - Yuuto Kira Cloudera Jr., Had impressive regular season as he had biggest +/- +54 and he can also do points. Great player both ways.
F - Mew Two, Had to be here this seasons mvp imo with most points (69). Him to make 69 points in his second season is really impressive, because he have at least one more year left in smjhl and we will see what can he do next season.
F - Tokkulu Lakkamaa, Had really impressive playoffs with 7+8. One of the finals mvp candidate.
F - Igor Petrov, last but not least we got really good goalscorer 34 in regular season kept his pace in playoffs with 8 goals.

Task #11
Janne and timber had really disappointing season, but all eyes are in next season. When the Maine's games ended Janne flew straight back to home Helsinki, Finland. First few days he spent with his family and friends. Also jetlag was pretty bad so he had to make new sleeping schedule. Then he started summer training with his training group witch contains other finnish talents. It is very high level training, because the trainer is very experienced coach shl and he will give top quality training sessions. The trainings contains lots of physical training, but also training on ice. On ice Janne's biggest focus was his defensive abilities, because he had very bad season defensively. Janne hired personal coach just for him to improve him defensively. He thinks he has very big chance to win most improved title next season. Last days he spent with his friends before flying back to overseas to SHL draft.

Task #13
A. Kappa Kappa, funniest name from these two teams. As twitch user this name really touches my soul. Legendary chat emote not once but twice in his name. Is there any more creative name that you could do? I dont think so. When you player and it says Kappa in his back you should be scared.
B. Both are really great teams and deserves to be in the finals, but in my opinion Anchorage seems like they could win it back to back. They have experienced players who won 4 star last season so they know how it feels like to play in finals with all the pressure.
C. Kelowna just continued their good form and let Quebec know that they wont stand chance against the number one team from the regular season. Kynwyl Pearce from Kelowna also continued his huge point streak to playoffs to help them win the quebec. Newfoundland upset Anchorage in game seven with Ric Charlesworth's goals.
D.Igor Petrov from Quebec continued his goals from regular season to playoffs and helped them to make the playoffs. He had impressive 34 goals in the regular season and 8 goals in the playoffs witch is the most tied with Newfounland's Dwayne Gretzky. When you goal scorer like that you can rely also in playoffs you are in position.

Task #16 - Finals Trivia
Korso

Task #17 Milestones +3 tpe
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:53 PM by grimreaper.)

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Robert Black was drafted 25th overall in the S58 SMJHL Draft to the Newfoundland Berserkers and found himself competing with many veteran players for time on the ice.  As a result, Black ended up with a role on the fourth line. Despite limited playing time, clocking in an average of under 9 minutes per game, Black showed his offensive potential with a solid return of 12 goals and 14 assists during the regular season. This placed him first for rookies in points per 20 minutes and among the top 10 of the league in the same stat. Black also ended the season with a positive plus/minus, a rarity for a fourth line player in the league.  Black built good chemistry with fellow rookies Slavakov Vladimirashenko and Samuel Savage and performed well above expectations in his rookie year. Black will look to take on a bigger role next season and prove that he is not a player that should be languishing at the bottom of the depth chart.

Code:
168 words

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

The Berserkers unfortunately failed to make the Four Star Cup Finals this past season, losing out one round prior to the Anchorage Armada. While Newfoundland failed to sink as many boats as they had planned, there is plenty to look forward to for Berserkers fans. Though Vaseline Podcalzone will be a big miss next season as he makes the jump to the SHL, the Berserkers are losing no one else from their strong group of players. With a strong crop of rookies making the jump up to the 350 TPE cap and a few key veterans moving up to the 425 TPE cap, the Berserkers project to have a stacked roster all over the ice. Newfoundland will see 11 forwards returning to play next season which will provide them with an unprecedented amount of depth up top. They also have all defensemen returning, and with the 3 rookies now moving up to the 350 cap, it will be a stellar group from top to bottom. Newfoundland will be one of the teams to beat next year.

Code:
176 words

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

With the disappointment of the SMJHL playoffs behind him, Robert Black will be using the offseason to get some much needed rest and recuperation before returning to do it all again next season. After a tireless season of effort, Black will be returning to his home country of Scotland in order to chill out prior to the SHL Draft. There he will use his time wisely to catch up with family and old friends and allow his body to rest after a gruelling effort during the season. Though it won't be all pints in the pub and lazing about. Today's big leagues require a certain amount of round the year dedication, and Black won't be slacking off on his fitness levels during the break. Black will continue to maintain his cardio, albeit without the strain of contact hockey for several weeks. This will allow Black the much needed time to rest but also ensure that when he heads back to training camp with the Berserkers that he is still at the top of his game.

Code:
175 words

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S59 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Robert Black is a center for the Newfoundland Berserkers and is perhaps one of the most interesting prospects available in the S59 SHL Draft. A dynamic offensive center from Scotland, Black made a late entrance to the S58 SMJHL Draft and went on to have a very solid if understated rookie season. He showed his offensive prowess with 26 points in under 9 minutes a game, however the biggest positive for Black is that he clearly has tremendous upside. His potential is among the best available in the entire draft. While it is clear that Black has shown the pedigree to be a top player, there are numerous analysts who question his work ethic and whether he will be able to achieve anywhere near his potential. The questions marks over Black mean he is perhaps one of the highest risk players available in the draft, but he may also have the highest reward

Code:
153 words

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.
Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
LINK TO TRIVIA FORM

Complete. Verification word: Trivia

Code:
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
Milestones +2 TPE
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:45 PM by grimreaper.)

Double post from mobile.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 09:36 PM by podzilla111.)

Task # 2 - 2/2 TPE
The Detroit Falcons, premier Simulation Junior hockey league team is going to hand out commemorative POD buttons at the door to all Falcons fans. Buttons are cheap, and my contract was expensive so we need to spend our money wisely. Having all of the fans wearing the same clothing accessory will really get them hyped up, especially when I start yelling and cheering from the bench. All of the fans are looking forward to my future career when I am the #1 goalie for the Detroit Falcons, and we may as well start celebrating now! POD POD POD they will be chanting my name for a lifetime to come.

Task # 8 3/3 TPE
Even as a backup goalie on the Detroit Falcons I was tested against some pretty tough teams. Being a rookie in the league, most guys sit back on the third line, but I suited up for a total of ten of the sixty six games the Detroit Falcons played. The highlight of my season was finishing with an ending GR of sixty nine. The magic number. Only so many players are lucky to have finished the season so magically. In all seriousness though, 20% of the games i played ended in a shutout for me. THis was a major highlight and really had happy. A rookie goalie stepping in net posting goose eggs for the other time. I am definitely in the right place. I’m very excited for next season as well as I’ll be the number one goaltender. Looking forward to playing a lot more games, and posting even more shutouts. Lets go Falcons! SKREEEEE

Task # 10 3/3 TPE
Its really never fun being eliminated from anything, especially a playoff series. The Simulation Major Junior Hockey league is really intense. Everyone wants to do their best, and prove to the Simulation Hockey League that they are going to be a future star. Our team is really looking forward to me playing in net. I’ve been training hard and getting better each week and I’m excited to be able to show the team what I can do. I really look forward to being a larger part of the Detroit Falcons squad and being the backbone for this team. There are a lot of veterans in the locker room who want to win and they keep telling me I can be the glue that sticks them all together for a big cup run next season. Everyone has been training hard, we are losing a few guys, but a large portion of our roster is improving as we go!

Task # 14 2/2 TPE 100 + Words
Looking back on the stats for Anchorage, the MVP’s have to be their Goaltender and Defense. There were a lot of games where the team held onto some small leads to win, but still had enough tenacity to comeback from games where they were down big. Chimken Tendy showed up to games that really mattered and the defense were an important part blocking shots all throughout. Even though a lot of players ended up with a negative plus minus, they really held it together in enough games to squeeze out a 4 star cup. Its hard to peg just one particular player in such a series so major props to the Goalie and Defensive Core.

Task # 16 Trivia 3/3
goalieassists

Task #17 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE 3/3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008551

[Image: i7BkUWG.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 11:27 PM by ShnarlyDude.)

Code:

Code:
Apple

Code:

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

[Image: LPRptTu.png]

Code:

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Alimony Tony is a lucky lucky… very lucky man. He was born into wealth and has a very charmed life. Now that he was wrapping up his rookie season in the SMJHL what better way to celebrate a championship appearance with the Anchorage Armada, then giving back to the community who had welcomed him into their lives.

Alimony Tony decided he would purchase new skates and sticks for the local youth hockey players. He handed them out with fellow Armada teammates and the kids were overjoyed with their new equipment. Alimony had only felt this joy when he was writing out Alimony checks to his ex-wives. Why stop here? I mean he was worth trillions of dollars.

He decided to construct an entirely new public hockey arena in Anchorage. It was state of the art and had 4 separate rinks in the building. This would allow people of all ages to enjoy some ice time and help keep the passion of hockey alive and well in town. The Ice-A-Tony Arena would be a staple of enjoyment for years to come.

Code:

Code:

Milestone Thread Claim

[Image: UwFj4dm.png]

Task #7
I 100% think this format is garbage. There is absolutely no reason to have the #1 and #2 seeds playing each other before the championship in any situation. It doesn’t make any sense for this to happen in a league that doesn’t use a divisional system for determining who makes the playoffs. While I know that this result is a byproduct of how FHM works and that fact hasn’t changed, there should absolutely be a way for us as a league to get around this and have a playoff that can’t possibly have the two best teams in the final any given yea. Its asinine and stupid.
WC: 109
+2 TPE
Task #8
Looking at my rookie season in the J, I was better than I would have expected to be overall. I had hoped to maybe be a 5 point player as both a defenseman and a player that joined later than I intended to. This caused me to be behind in TPE from the get go and I had fewer games played to hit that marker. However, I was able to hit my stretch goal of 10 points in the season. I figured that this would be a step too far out of my reach as a rookie defenseman on a team that was not built for this season, but it actually worked out well. Hopefully with this upcoming season, I can see a general all around improvement in my game and the play of my teammates, but also a success level with the organization that just wasn’t quite there this year. Now that I’m a draftee, I’ve got expectations to live up to and hopefully I can meet those that the Wolfpack set for me!
WC: 175
+3 TPE
Task #9
I think that, in my totally non biased opinion, the Anaheim/Colorado series was one of the best playoff series from this season. It involved two great teams and organizations that worked hard, forced the series to go to seven games, and it honestly never felt like either team was out of it at any point until that final buzzer. While we ended up losing the series, it could have just as easily gone our way and saw us win, but it wasn’t meant to be this time. Really it came down to which team had a little bit more puck luck and I think that’s the way things go sometimes in hockey.
WC: 112
+2 TPE
Task #10
One of the best parts about the way seasons work here in the SHL is that if you don’t accomplish your goal as a team in any given season, you get to get back in the saddle and try again in like 3 weeks. That’s part of what makes this place so fun, in my opinion. You don’t have to wait 365 days like you would in real life to get another shot at the team that beat you in the playoffs or the team that won the Cup, you’ll get to play them again in no time at all. I’m looking forward to us getting another shot at Colorado for beating us in the playoffs and at Quebec for being the reigning champs. They have to know that every team is going to be givng them their best shot every time they play and I don’t expect us to be any different this season. Hopefully we’ll be able to represent well and show what we can do.
WC: 168
+3 TPE
Task #11
Most of my time this offseason was spent working out in preparation for the SHL combine and talking with my agent to see where he felt like I could end up. I also spent a great deal of time talking to my dad to get his advice based on the situations he experienced when he was a rookie getting drafted to the SHL as well. As the time passed by and the combine came and went, as well as the interviews with GMs that come out of the combine, I was able to get a more clear sense of where I could end up rather than just from the 4 to 22 range. As the days passed and the conversations with GMs got fewer and further between, it became clear which teams were actually interested and which teams had determined that I was either not the right fit for their organization or not the right fit at the pick that they had. All in all, it was a great experience and being able to pull on the Wolfpack jersey up on stage when my name was called made any and all frustrations with the process worth it.
WC: 194
Task #16
Completed! Verification word: Nautica
+3 TPE
Total TPE: 16

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

ISFL Affiliate +3 TPE

Milestones +3 TPE

Trivia - Codeword: Blixt +3 TPE

Task 7 +2 TPE
I absolutely love the 12 team playoff format. (And not only because it's the only reason the Kraken made the playoffs. Well, maybe. But anyway). It causes chaos and uproar and leaves plenty of space for a huge upset and for a terrible team to somehow win the cup. While snobby uptight people on good teams may hate this, I think it's fantastic. Who cares what you did in the regular season? It's the juniors, everyone is basically at the same TPE level, anything can happen, and a 12 team playoff format accentuates this and makes it possible in the playoffs, too. I love it and hope it never changes.
Code:
110 words

Task 2 +2 TPE
The Carolina Kraken will have a bobblehead night on the first game of the season after we win the Four Star Cup. Who will be the bobblehead, you might ask? Gino Lombardo, of course! It is the only acceptable answer to the question. It will be his glorious face, shirtless with boxing shorts on and boxing boots and boxing gloves. It's an ode to how many faces he punches in on the ice. No one wants to fight him, but if someone gets punked into fighting with him, they'll fall to the ice very quickly. He's a beloved player to the Kraken fanbase, and everyone who has the opportunity to get a bobblehead of him will be very happy.
Code:
119 words

Task 14 +3 TPE
The real series MVP should be Gino Lombardo. He is the best at everything, including fighting, drinking beer, eating hot dogs, and banging moms. But sadly, the Carolina Kraken didn't make it to the finals. The Quebec City Citadelles *gags*, and the Anchorage Armada *gags*, are the teams who participated in the Four Star Cup Finals. And luckily, the Boats lost. Can't stand boats. Anyways, congratulations to the Citadelles. They had a great season and should be proud of this. The player who carried them in the playoffs and to the Four Star Cup win is Tres Sombreros. 6 goals, 10 assists, 16 points, a whopping +17 somehow, 0 penalty minutes, they scored on 18% of their shots in only an average of 15:58 on ice time and never played while the team was on power play. Their incredible performance, mixed with the rest of the team also being great, carried the Citadelles to a Four Star Cup win. Congrats. *gags*
Code:
162 words

16 total TPE