Create Account

S58 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2021, 11:51 PM by BoloBill.)

PBE Affiliate +3 (Billybolo53)

Milestones +2

Trivia +3
- Verification word: Bolo 

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet the expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? 150+ Words

This season went okay for me. As a late joiner, I was at disadvantaged from a TPE standpoint. I wasn't at a decent level until the second week of the season and even then not much better than some of the IA free agents out there. I was to be a role player on this team regardless but ended up getting some decent ice time on the 3rd pairing. As the season, went on I did a little better scoring an assist or the off goal every so often. As far as measuring how I did, I have to say really well. I wasn't the best, but didn't need to be and my team is in the finals. It really all comes down to that at the end of the day. I was able to positively contribute and were back in the finals. With a young core, I think this is just the beginning of what we will do in my time in Anchorage. (164 Words)

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S59 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?
Requirements: 150+ words.

Valdis Verjonis is a Latvian Defenseman who signed as an undrafted free agent for the Anchorage Armada. He is undersized for a Defensemen but has a strong resolve. He was involved in 5 fights throughout the season. As a player, Verjonis projects to be a mobile defenseman in the future. With excellent speed and puke handling. He will have the ability to transition forward depending on the need of his shl team. He should be pretty versatile given his athleticism. It is difficult to evaluate Verjonis since he was a player that did not have a Training camp to acclimate. Verjonis was rather lackluster offensively, but should a propensity to block shot and get takeaways on the defensive side of the game. At this point, Vejonis projects to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. He does have massive potential and could be a steal for a team that takes the flyer on him. But he is very much an unknown to the rest of the league. (167 Words)

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Anchorage has many young stars on defense including Jean-Locke Zidane and 1st Round pick Jay Sink, but the true star on defense is a relatively unknown Latvian Defenseman, Valdis Verjonis. Verjonis doesn't have the hype that you see with Jay Sink, but he has the substance. While Jay Sink is at the pub pounding pints and causing a Rukus. Valdis is in the film room or at the practice rink. Following this team as a member of the media, this season it is very clear which of these defensemen is going to make in the SHL and which will only be a flash in the pan or this case sink. (110 Words)

Steven's

Task 17 (Milestones)
+1 Fights Won

[Image: vk6rzYl.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 10:39 PM by WannabeFinn.)

Task #2

The Colorado Raptors will be handing out KEKW Kekkonen towels at the first home game of the series against Quebec City. The towel is blue and soft. It has a screenprinted image of the kekw emote in the middle of the towel. This token of appreciation for the Raptors fan base will be distributed prior to the game, with a single towel placed in every available seat. Fans are encouraged to swing their towels and make some noise as they cheer on their hometown Raptors. We do not advise you to take the towel home and use it as toilet paper. That would make KEKW very sad.

Task #5

LW - Igor Petrov: Petrov is a goal scoring machine and he doesn't need much ice time to get the job done. He generally keeps his nose clean on the ice, so he isn't much of a liability despite his knack for turnovers. Petrov is the kind of dynamic goal scoring threat that every championship roster needs.

C - Pablo Salvatici: Salvatici is a high-end two-way pivot and he brings the kind of play down the middle that every coach dreams of at night. He can mitigate the turnovers from Petrov while being a dominant, physical playmaker. He was tasked PK2 on the Armada this season, but I think he's clearly capable of taking 1st team duties on both special team units.

RW - Mew Two: Mew Two is a powerplay god and a gamechanger anytime he touches the ice. His dynamic offensive ability will keep the PP% high and keep Petrov productive.

D - Jasper Maximov: A bonefide stud that can be relied upon as your top defender.

D - Jean-Lock Zidane: An absolute nightmare to play against.

G - Chimkin Tendy: Carried the fuck out of the Armada and posted the best save percentage in the league.

Task #7

Generally speaking, I am not a fan of the current playoff format. I believe that playoff series prior to the league championship should be confined to their respective conferences. I'm not necessarily a fan of the way seeding ends up playing out either, but in the end I don't think it really matters. If you want to call yourself a championship team you have to be able to beat any team you're matched up against. If you're a 1 seed and you lose to a 2 seed in the semi-finals, tough luck. It's definitely not my favorite format, but at least it's something new.

Task #8

I feel that I had a solid start to my career. Generally speaking, I think things went "according to plan". I climbed the depth chart as the season progressed and really started to come into my own towards the end of the season and into the postseason. I actually finished 1st in scoring on the Raptors in the playoffs with 9 points in 14 games. Going forward I think it's important that I work towards cutting down on my turnovers. I've established myself as a player that can score, but I need to become less of a liability when the puck is on my stick. I also believe that I need to take a step forward with my ability to deflect shots in front of the net. Everyone wants to score the pretty goal, but a ton of goals come off deflections and dirty net front scrums. The scoreboard doesn't care about style points.

Task #10

I think there's a lot to be excited about next season. The Raptors are losing few players to call ups and graduation. At the same time, the team is seeing a ton of growth from its young players. There's going to be a tremendous amount of improvement that comes internally. The teams biggest weakness has been scoring, and the Raptors are going to ice a high quality group of veteran forwards. The team should be returning a strong selection of top 4 defensemen, but the rest of the defensive corps has yet to be determined. If the team can hit on a few draft gems or swing a trade for quality veteran or two, the blueline should be well patrolled in Season 59. Additionally, the Raptors expect star goaltender Yanno Rosejac will return for another season before his permanent call up to the Argonauts. Should he make it back to Denver for another season, the Raptors will have an edge over most other teams in net.

Task #17 (Milestones)

3 Milestones

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Task #8:   (+3)
My rookie season got off to a really rocky start. I was being lit up every time I stepped on the ice and really wasn't making much happen in the other end. As the season progressed and I got my feet under me a bit, I started being a bit more solid. There were still some defensive issues, but for the most part I feel I was much more reliable, and was also making things happen in the offensive zone, with two multi-goal games, including a 3 point outing. I just wanted to be a reliable player for my team, and I think I became that towards the end of the year. There is still plenty of room for improvement though. Next season I want to be a really consistent two way defenseman, and start getting some more minutes on both sides of specialty teams. I did not touch the power play or penalty kill at all this season, and I aim to be trusted enough to handle big minutes in both of those situations.       (175 Words)

Task #10   (+3)
Carolina had a rough season, and it was pretty disappointing to finish as low as we did in the standings. Getting knocked out in the first round by Vancouver definitely stung a bit, but there is nothing but optimism in the Carolina Kraken locker room. There is a ton of really promising rookies and sophomores on the team that look primed to take the next step in their development. Rookies like Daud Ramza and Aleks Blixstrom had really solid seasons and look to help compliment a solid core that includes players like Jimmy Jimmy and Finn Von Murphenstein. The Kraken have one of the most reliable goalies in the league with started Ragnar-Alexandre Ragnarsson-Tremblay giving them a chance to win every game, and with the team in front of him starting to round out, there's plenty of reason to believe that the Kraken can be a force next year. The only point of concern is in the backup goalie position, with nobody over 155 TPE able to take games to give RART a rest. This issue should be solvable in the upcoming draft however.      (184 Words)

Task #13   (+3)
A: Bean Beanman. I am a man of Beans so I gotta appreciate a bean-based name. Also there really isn't much in the way of really good names on either team. Really solid rosters in terms of actual performance, but definitely lacking in the "fun name" department, which is really what matters.   (52 Words)
B: I have to say Quebec looks better going into this. Anchorage has looked really smooth all playoffs, but Quebec rolled through the best team in the league in 5 games. What's even more impressive is that Kelowna won the season series against Quebec, so it speaks volumes to how good Quebec really was in that series. Anchorage has been solid, but they did not have the same level of challenge that Quebec had to get here.      (77 Words)
D: Points aren't everything, but also points are definitely something and sophomore sensation Mew Two led the league in scoring this season with an incredible 34 goals and 35 assists for a nice 69 points on the year. He delivered an incredible performance this year and was definitely one of the most valuable players for Quebec. Honorable mention to Yuuto Kira Cloudera Jr. who tied with Kaapa Kaapa for the best plus/minus in the league.  (75 Words)

Task #16
dingus

Task #17
Milestones +3
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 12:45 AM by gucci.)

Task #3 - 2 TPE (100+ words)
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.

The first round of the SMJHL playoffs featured an interesting matchup of two of the top SHL defenseman prospects from this season. St. Louis’s Austrian defenseman Dane von Gucci, and Anchorage’s young English defenseman, Jay Sink. This comparison was interesting because the two registered nearly identical numbers during the regular season, would that hold up in their head-to-head playoff series? In the 6 game series between St. Louis and Anchorage, von Gucci registered 1 goal and 2 assists, but went +6 in the series as he and his defensive partner Withecheck had a monstrous series to help keep St. Louis competitive. Sink on the other hand registered a goal and 3 assists despite only registering a +2 rating. Although Sink was better in terms of point scoring, his time on the ice appears to have been much less consistent than von Gucci’s, maybe teams will look into this heading into the SHL draft.

Task #6 - 3 TPE (150+ words)
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less? (If you're on a team that had a round 1 bye, you can talk about round 2 instead)

Had the team matchups been different, I see a few teams, specifically my player’s team (St. Louis), having a chance to go much further than they did. St. Louis was almost locked into the matchup with Nevada in the first round, or so they thought. An insane losing streak down the stretch brought Carolina and Vancouver back into the fray and both eventually passed them, leaving St. Louis with a first-round matchup against the reigning 4 Star Cup winning Anchorage Armada. St. Louis put up a real fight against Anchorage but let a couple close games slip and blew their chance. I think that had that matchup been against Nevada, a team we match up well against in my opinion, we might have walked into the second round taking the series in as few as five games. Alas, that’s not how it went down and both of those teams won their first round matchups and the Scarecrows went home empty handed, but there’s always next year.

Task #7 - 2 TPE (100+ words)
As I'm sure you've all noticed the postseason uses a 12-team playoff format, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  5th vs 6th. What is your opinion on the format? Good or bad?

I like the 12 team playoff. One of the things I love the most about the playoffs is the unpredictability factor. With juniors hockey, it’s more about preparing players for the next level in my opinion than it is about winning championships. So letting everyone in is more than alright with me. It also creates a bit of that David vs Goliath feel. What if? What if St. Louis had been able to topple the defending champs in the first round. That’s not a chance we get if we don’t play the 12 team format. So I’m happy with the playoff hockey I’ve seen since joining the league and I hope that it continues to produce the same level of excitement and excellence moving forward.

Task #8 - 3 TPE (150+ words)
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

I’m not pleased with Dan von Gucci’s rookie performance. I keep being told that I played well for a rookie, but I disagree. I want more offense from my player. He’s out there to bring offense from the blue line and the level of production that he actually delivered in his rookie season was unacceptable from my perspective. Next season may see him end up in a pairing with Ethan Bouchard or Daryll Urquhart, two very good players but not on the level of von Gucci’s partner from last season Michael Withecheck yet. I’m not sure if this will help or hurt him in terms of production, it will almost certainly change the style of hockey he plays. Playing with a new draftee would be an even larger adjustment, so I’m just very interested in what type of hockey von Gucci ends up involved in next season, and with who as his partner. The build will be there, but a lot of production is dependent on the surrounding cast as well.

Task #12 - 3 TPE (150+ words)
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S59 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Dane von Gucci is an exciting offensive defenseman who projects to be a similar type of player to current Texas Renegades defender, Adam Scianna. When I asked von Gucci who he saw as his most similar comparison, I was a bit surprised to hear him say that he wants people to look at him as an Adam Barron (Toronto) type of player instead. I don’t think he’d be too upset to hear either of those names come out of people’s mouths in the same sentence as his own to be completely honest. One thing he’s told me he plans to work on in the offseason is his skating. He has said he wants to get faster, quicker, and build up his conditioning on the ice. His offensive game is already near the top of all defenders in the J, but he’s still lagging behind in defensive ability, although you wouldn’t have noticed from his performance last season. I suspect that SHL teams will understand that had a lot to do with playing with more experienced fellow Austrian defender Michael Withecheck. I still expect to see von Gucci’s name called early, what he can offer to SHL teams immediately will have them betting on his ability to develop defensively with time.

Task #17 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

Claim 3 TPE

16/16

[Image: gucci57541.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 01:12 AM by DollaBill.)

+3 for Task #1:
Quote:[Image: wMOao8d.png]

+2 for Task #2:
Quote:All fans that attended Game 1 of the SMJHL opening round of the playoffs at LivWell Arena were met with give-away t-shirts on their seats. The shirts were a part of the "white out" game sponsored by Western Union. Each was emblazoned with the infamous "Dino Gang" nickname.

[Image: luondq0.png]

+2 for Task #3:
Quote:The 1st round of the Season 58 SMJHL playoffs featured many interesting matchups, but few were arguably less anticipated across the pond than the Anaheim Outlaws vs. Colorado Raptors. Both teams put multiple international prospects on the ice to include Fedor Sotakov and Videl Valor.

Both players flashed potential during the regular season while patrolling the left wing for their respective teams. Sotakov got off to a red-hot start in Colorado and finished his rookie season with 13 goals and 16 assists across 66 games.  In Anaheim, Valor caught stride in the second half of the season, capping off his rookie regular season with 6 goals and 7 assists. 

+3 for Task #4
Quote:It did not take long for Fedor Sotakov to find ways to give back to the community after his arrival in Denver. Sotakov, a Season 58 rookie with the Colorado Raptors, was caught leaving the Denver Animal Shelter this past Sunday, where employees say he spent four hours volunteering to walk dogs and clean kennels.

“[Sotakov] walked in few months ago and asked how he could help”, says Lucy Greer, Volunteer Coordinator for the shelter.  “He is really good with the animals and is willing to do anything that needs to be done around here.”
Fedor Sotakov declined requests by media for interview on the topic. Those close to him say he does not want the media attention to potentially get in the way of his true intentions to help those in need. This is an attitude for which the young Russian has been praised for this season. He has also been a routine player appearing on behalf of the Raptors at the University of Colorado at Denver Children’s Hospital.

Back home, Fedor is also known for his work with Благотворительность голодным российским детям (Charity for Hungry Russian Kids).

+3 for Task #8
Quote:Overall, I would say Fedor Sotakov performed very well in his rookie year. I wanted a player that would develop into an offensive juggernaut and so far, he’s showing just that. Fedor got off to a blazing hot start to begin Season 58 and then quieted down a little after he was moved to the right-wing on the Raptors top line. I can’t complain about being on the top line in a rookie season. Fedor likely struggled to complete against the better defensive pairings of the opposition, but he still came through in some big spots.  His game-winner against Quebec City in game 5 of the semifinals is one to remember.

For next season, I’m looking to improve Fedor’s attributes that will see him handle more physical styles of play with ease. I didn’t put much into his defense this season and he surprisingly posted milestone-claim worthy numbers in takeaways and shots blocked. I am wondering how much better Fedor can become on the other end of the ice if he is more physical and an improving defensive player.

+3 for Task #16: REPTAR
I think I answered all questions correctly.

TOTAL: 16/16

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 09:44 AM by santej29.)

task-12)  Pre draft scouting report:

Sabarro T. Is a very solid and even sometimes flashy player. Rarely out of position in any zone, he reads the game well. His first stride is quick and his ability to get the puck out of the zone with elite level passing is visible almost very time eh takes the ice. These advance skills for his age group help propel him to a 7th best in the entire J +40, and though bounced out in the conference finals his team was he managed a +13 in the playoffs as well, for an astounding +53 on the season in a true rookie campaign playing basically 2nd-pairing minutes, quite an accomplishment when you stop and wrap your mind around those numbers.

Points wise he started off cold with zero points through his first 10 games, but he ramped up as the season went on enjoying 6-15-21 regular season stat line and 1-3-4 in the playoffs again with a +13 +/- rating.
(170 words)

task-13) 
A) Kappa Kappa from  Citadelles
B) Quebec, having just lost to the ships first hand they had a lot of luck to pull that off, 3 1-goal Wins, 1 OT win, they really were NOT the better team in that series, just ended up on the right side of the scoreboard more often than not.
C) For the Knights it was better goaltending. For the Zerkers- just a bit of puck luck, that OT win would have been huge, the ships scored 5 seconds into 1 game, erase breakdowns like that
D)

task-16) kraken

S58 SMJHL Milestones --> +1 each for--   +/-, PIM & hits, so +3 TPE total

Task #2:
To give back to the fans who have sold out the arena multiple times despite the Outlaws losing record, they have decided to give out limited edition giant foam finger guns at Fan Appreciation night. The fingers are doing a gun gesture and have the words "Fan Appreciation night" on them and the fans are encouraged to pretend to shoot them and shout "bang!" in unison when the home team scores a goal. The game that they will be given out on involves every fan being given two of these to take home with them and the team would do a speech saying thanks to the fans as they give them out.

Task #4:

The charity that my player Jack Micro helped out with is one that he particular hobby can help out a lot with: Soul Skating, a skateboarding charity for underprivileged youths. Jack agreed to hand out skateboards and show off a fee tricks for the less fortunate kids of Anaheim. He arrived with several boards he bought himself which surprised the people working the charity as they had brought boards of thier own. Jack didn't mind at all as he just added the boards to the pile of those being given out. He personally signed many of the boards before he started doing tricks go entertain the crowd.

Wanting to help out more he also showed the kids how to do certain tricks and how to stay safe on a board. He enjoyed doing this because of his charitable soul. In the end the event was a huge success in the end and the people working the event want Jack to come back for another year.

Task #7:

Personally I have my opinions with the 12 team playoff format both good and bad. For the good I think it helps nww users stay confident and involved when they know they will reach the postseason regardless of thier performance in the end. More playing time for new users is always good in my opinion. For the bad however I think it highly encourages tanking which I wish was less prevalent in sports. Because you reach the playoffs no matter what it doesn't matter how many times you lose. So in the end I have a very mixed opinion on it but I know it's hard to do anything about it.

Task #8:

Overall I think Jack Micro's rookie year could have been better in the end. He was mostly played as a Center due to his high Faceoffs stat so he didn't get as much offense as I think he has the potential to have. He managed to get some points through assists but unfortunately did not get a single goal all year. He had shots but none of them went in.  I personally wanted to get at least one goal so that is disappointing for me. I did build him to be more of a playmaker who gets assists but still. I think I need to build up my offensive skills next season to get up to my expectations and get some goals and with him possibly getting capped that might come.

At the very least Jack didn't get many penalties and actually didn't get into any fights. He played as more of a passive player which fits his chill and relaxed personality. Be like waves indeed.

Task #10:

The Anaheim Outlaws have a lot to be excited about for the next season. The rookies they have on the team should be capped come next season so they will most likely be on of the better team in the league. Plus we have the 4th overall pick and we can bring in another highly touted rookie to help out this team in the hunt for the four star cup. Hopefully we can get another very active v e player. Rookies we do have at the very least will keep earning consistently and due to being a young team we won't be losing many players to the SHL besides a couple of veterans.

I personally think this team will make a lot of noise next season and in the playoffs because of the reasons above and we are very excited to be a part of it. Hopefully we can keep the momentum of the past season and keep getting better.

Task #12:

This is James Sportsman with a scouting report on an Anaheim Outlaws player by the name of Jack Micro. He is a Right Winger that the Outlaws have been treating like a Center due to his skill of winning face offs. His biggest strength is his play-making ability to get a tons of assists. His relaxed personality has also warmed him up to a lot of scouts after they have talked to him. He just seems to not let anything bother him. He is also not much of a goon as he rarely gets in fights. We have seen some issues with him getting goals however as he got none in his first SMJHL season.

Another potential issue is that his relaxed personality might come off as him nor caring as much but some scouts have said that it is a non-issue. In the end he is a highly touted prospect that should be an early draft pick this Saturday.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)

It was a fantastic decision by the top brass for the Colorado Raptors to create a special fan appreciation event, "Raptor Day," but it was an even better idea when rookie Jack Nishimori put in a bit of his own cash to make it even more special. It was going to be an exciting event, with fans receiving a complimentary commemorative rally towel and tee shirt to light up the stands with blue and gold. However, when players took the ice and the broadcast tuned in for Raptor Day in Denver, it was Jack Nishimori's commemorative item that made the day 10x more special: every single Colorado fan in the stands was wearing a specially-made blue and gold inflatable dinosaur suit.

Sightlines weren't great, but the memes were.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Of all of the 46 players designated at RW in the SMJHL this season, Jack Nishimori had the 10th fewest points on the season with just 17 points, quite a dropoff from the leading RW on the year, Quebec City's Mew Two, who slapped down a nice, whopping 69 points. Of the 9 RWs with fewer points this season, only 5 of those players even played the whole 66 game season, with all but one of those players having less average time on the ice. With only 67 shots on the season and the 4th lowest shooting percentage at just 5.97%, it's clear that Nishimori was a non-factor in the offense for Colorado this season. Looking towards next season it will be critical to Jack's success that he be more aggressive with finding opportunities and much more efficient and accurate with using the chances that he's had. The biggest credit to Nishimori's game and the hope for his future lies in his ability to take care of the puck and prevent mistakes. Despite the low number of points, Nishimori still managed to be one of the 21 players in the league with a positive +/- this season at +3, and he finished with the 3rd fewest giveaways among players that played all 66 games, with just 16 over the season.

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
Which series of these playoffs up until the finals has been the best / most thrilling and why? Write a short recap of which series you personally enjoyed the best and talk about the key points of the series, along with what ultimately led to the final result of it.

As someone that has only watched or paid attention to Colorado's playoff games and series and maybe a little bit seen some information about the other series, I would have to say that, without a doubt, the best series of the S58 Playoffs was and will be the Round 2 series between the Colorado Raptors and the Quebec City Citadelles. This was an extremely exciting 7 game series that included comebacks, dominant games from each team, and plenty of twitter trash talk. I didn't watch many regular season games, but the playoffs were a great excuse for me to sit down and pay close attention to watching my team and my player, and the added tension of the long series plus the weight of playing against QCC, a real contender that features a number of players and users that I know quite well, made it an amazing experience.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE

Verification word: QC-pee

Code:

MILESTONE CLAIM - 3 TPE

Code:
You may claim affiliation from an ISFL or PBE PT for 3 of your 16 TPE total
ISFL PT

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 08:41 PM by dasboot.)

Task #1
[Image: hHTZGa2.png]

3 TPE

Task #4
[Image: eaOSGrs.png]

3 TPE

Task #5
[Image: dSiUTnr.png]

3 TPE

Task #13 -
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
Probably Mew Two, pretty unfair if he gets to use his powers to win games which clearly he did, leading the league in points and also winning the cup. Think this is something for the league to look into. They also have Kappa Kappa, Tres Sombreros and Youth Kira Cloudera Jr. All good names.

B. Anchorage, having gone into these playoffs not seen as a genuine contender, have rolled through to the finals with a 12-4 playoff run, beating two powerhouses in Detroit and Newfoundland in 5 games each. Quebec, on the other hand, after a rocky start to their playoffs against Colorado, just thumped 1st place Kelowna in 5 games in their semifinals. Who looks best going into these finals?
Now that I know who won I'd say that Quebec City Citadel look good going into these finals. I say they probably win it in 5 games, but that's just a complete guess and obviously I don't know who already won. They probably win just on having all the best names in the league.

C. You're in another timeline where Kelowna and Newfoundland are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
Why not Maine in the finals? What's wrong with that timeline. Obviously what went right in that timeline was that they scored more goals than the other team and won games compared to our timeline where they did not score enough goals and lost games. Pretty simple. Shake my head.

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but regular season performance is a key factor in laying the foundation for a solid playoff run. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?
Mew Two as I said before led the entire league in points, but that whole team had ridiculous +/- numbers so obviously they just dominated all around. Anchorage on the other hand didn't have huge offensive numbers so clearly they were well rounded but the goaltending was a strong point and won them games.

4 TPE

Task 16 - Trivia
dasboot
1 TPE participation

Task 17 - Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008080

2 TPE

Total: 16 TPE

[Image: Sugars2.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 12:41 PM by cakequest.)

Task 13: +4
A. I think the winner for the best name in this series is hands down Mew Two. The Pokemon has finally made it's appearance in the SMJHL and in a big way. It's not just the name either. Mew Two has put up an impressive 9 points in 12 games these playoffs so far and is a serious threat the Armada need to be wary of. (65 words)
B. After defeating the number 1 team (during the regular season) in just 5 games, it would look like Quebec has the upper hand during the finals. However, one could also argue that while it wasn't entirely unexpected for QCC to make it to the finals, Anchorage has been the underdogs during their whole playoff run yet haven't had too much trouble in their 4 series's they've played so maybe they've found their groove and will run right over Quebec on their way to yet another 4 star cup. Only time will tell. (92 words)
C. For Newfoundland, it came down to 2 overtime games. Had those gone differently who knows what these finals would have looked like. Both Kelowna and Newfoundland were unable to cash in on their huge blowout wins in Game 2 and that shift in momentum afterwards ultimately cost them the series. (50 words)
D. For the Armada a key part in this finals will be Chimkin Tendy. During the first part of the season he was lights out and stopped everything thrown his way. The Armada played well and despite their low goal scoring were able to stay right in the middle of the pack. Tendy's performance dropped during the end of the season and so did Anchorage's place in the standings. This trend has continued in through the playoffs and so it will be interesting to see how Tendy performs in this upcoming cup final. (92 words)

Task 8: +3
As Josh Jennings was signed by the Armada on the trade deadline, I didn't have much time to gain as many stats as I would have liked or as much TPE as I would have liked by the end of the season. However, I believe I am headed on the right track. The plus minus has greatly improved over the course of the playoff run and the points will follow naturally as time goes on. For next season it should be clear I need to focus on my defensive stats first and make sure I'm able to keep up with the fast paced action in the SMHJL. After that things like shot power and accuracy will follow and that should lead to a noticeable uptick in point production. My goal by the end of next season is to be able to play some time on a top 4 D pairing, although anchorage does have a fairly solid and young D core so that may not happen, despite me maybe having the overall skill to play in that role. (178 words)
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 04:01 PM by visceralpotamus.)

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

The Berserkers are a team poised for success. With an incredible draft where they not only hit on all of their draft picks, but also free agent signings like Sam Savage proving to be huge contributors, the Berserkers are ready to dominate in the coming years. The blueline has 4 draft eligible players, and will likely remain together for a few seasons, providing important stability. So many of the forwards who were already dominant are only adding experience, strength and skill to their game. While Captain Vaseline Podcalzone will be a tremendous loss and represent a huge void in leadership, skill and grit, there is plenty of potential to take over for him in the Newfoundland locker room. Assuming nobody else is called up, the Berserkers should enter the season as one of the favourites to win the 4 star with the sheer quality they have in the forward ranks, and the developing core in the blueline. Not to mention massive goaltenders who have presented as brick walls all season. (170 words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

As soon as the final horn blew in a devastating loss to anchorage, Pasta the Turtle immediately went to work preparing for next year. While there were many successes in the past season, Pasta is hoping to be a more influential contributor for the Berserkers next year. This means increasing physical gains on the track and the weight room, as well as tons of drilling and practice on the ice. With 3 other rookies on the berserker heading into their sophomore year, the backline is poised to enter a stage of dominance. All 3 are motivated to succeed as a team as well as individuals and hope to spend much of the offseason learning from vets like Billy Brooks and Matty Sandeen. Of course, there is a bit of time for pleasure. Pasta is very eager to explore the brand new form of pasta that was recently been developed, and that will likely occupy a substantial amount of his time. (160 words)

Task #12 - 3 TPE

Pasta the Turtle entered the SMJHL with a bang - literally. The young rookie led his team in hits, as well as blocked shots during the regular season. While he doesn't contribute much on the offensive side of the ice, his defensive traits more than make up for it. A steady influence on the PK, as well as a reliable partner for his more offensive minded partner Matty Sandeen, Pasta had a huge role in the surprise success of the Berserkers this year. Pasta also brings a lot of the behind the scenes work required for success. Between taking care of pre-game pasta meals for the boys, weekly Demko worship sessions, and detailed film reviews, Pasta definitely puts in the work for a team to reach the next level. While nobody would expect Pasta to go early in the upcoming draft, it is very fair to assume that wherever he is taken, it'll be looked back upon as a tremendous value. (160 words)

Task #13 - 4 TPE
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

Given my propensity for food-related names, I landed on Bean Beanman of the Anchorage Armada. Obviously, a fan of the versatile protein-rich legume, Mr Beanman wanted to make his affinity known regardless of if he is introduced in the formal "Mr. Beanman" or in the more casual "Bean." I also love the idea that his teammates would call out "Bean! Bean!" when trying to get his attention. And of course the sound of the rink announcer screaming "Goal! By BEEEEEEEEEAAAAN BEEEEEEEEEEAAAAANMANNNNNNN" is riveting. (83 words)

B. Anchorage, having gone into these playoffs not seen as a genuine contender, have rolled through to the finals with a 12-4 playoff run, beating two powerhouses in Detroit and Newfoundland in 5 games each. Quebec, on the other hand, after a rocky start to their playoffs against Colorado, just thumped 1st place Kelowna in 5 games in their semifinals. Who looks best going into these finals?

Since Anchorage beat us (Newfoundland), I have always been a believer that you want to be beaten by the best. So, if the boats were able to cruise by the zerks, I am pulling for them to knock the owls out as well. I think that it is a team that is very resilient. We shellacked them 8-0 one game and they bounced back to multiple gutsy effort in overtime, as well as tight games all the rest of the way. (81 words)

C. You're in another timeline where Kelowna and Newfoundland are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?

Well, it would be an example of the better team winning. Kelowna has been the class of the league all year, and if you spin this same matchup multiple times, I believe they come out on top 9/10 times. Newfoundland and anchorage is a closer matchup, and I think it was also a matter of luck. A couple of overtime losses go the other way and it's the maritime team in the finals. I feel like the Zerks dominated for long stretches, but sometimes you run into a hot goalie. (91 words)

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but regular-season performance is a key factor in laying the foundation for a solid playoff run. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

I'm gonna go with Boris Petrov of the Quebec City Citadelles for this one. Led the league in hits by a wiiiiide margin, and was also the league leader in fights and fights won. This is an intangible element of the game, and I think a big part of why QCC always seems to have momentum on their side (59 words)

Task 17 = 3 TPE

Total: 16 TPE

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

Task #4 – 3 TPE (171 Words)
Evgeni Petrov is very generous man. Having been raised by wolves he understands hardship. Winter in Russia very cold indeed. Is why Evgeni volunteers time with local kids and teach them how to play hockey through camps. Hockey is game best grown through children, teach them young and they’ll keep playing forever. Goalies especially, you need to tap into that mental state while they’re developing and harness the crazy. Of course, you can’t just teach a hockey camp without teaching them in the Evgeni Petrov style. We place great focus on the aspects of goaltending that helped make Evgeni the player he is. First of all we make extensive use of wolves to really drive home the Russian landscape feel. Then we throw snowballs at children while they make saves and skate to get Russian winter experience. Is good fun, kids enjoy it. Never complained once about getting to spend time and learning from the best of the best in goaltending. Even if the goalie is a bit psychotic.

Task #8 – 3 TPE (166 Words)
After first season in the SMJHL, it was a very good one for Evgeni. The team in Newfoundland was very friendly and brought Evgeni much joy when learning the game on non-Russian soil. As for the stats, Evgeni think he does very well. For being brand new rookie and backup goalie to boot, Evgeni did well despite only starting half the games as Gronroos. Petrov finished with 0.894 save percentage to go along with a 2.15 goals against average and recording a 14-6-1 record with 5 shutouts to boot. Not bad for a rookie goalie eh? At this point the question remains large, where will this season lead Evgeni in term of major league hockey, good season means teams want to draft highly no? As for next season, just keep getting better. Evgeni glove and blocker need work and rebounds still are nightmare that cause him to wake up in cold sweat but he keeps trying. After all is goalie mentality to keep trying to improve.

Task #12 – 3 TPE (192 Words)
Scouting Report: Evgeni Petrov – Newfoundland Berserkers – Goalie
Strengths: Evgeni Petrov does a lot well. Fantastically athletic, Petrov looks like the next young star in the making in the SHL. He makes some unbelievable stops with his great pushes and terrific reflexes. Never gives up on the play, has good size for the position and uses it well. Fantastic positioning to never be at a bad angle for a shot. Has talent that could steal games for his club.
Weaknesses: Still a bit raw in terms of overall technique. While positioning is great, is still guilty of occasionally over committing to a shot. Will have to bulk up more in terms of size to get stronger for consistency. Durability is a concern as he has not played a full season yet. Pretty sure he’s insane and will probably get arrested as some point. Hunts for his pregame meal every game which could cause logistical issues.
Long Term Projection: Incredibly talented goaltender with the tools to become a franchise defining player. Has a few kinks to work out but could easily remove those. Huge concern comes from pregame hunting of meal and psychotic tendencies.

Task #2 – 2 TPE (119 Words)
The newest item we intend to give out at the Newfoundland Berserkers home games is the officially branded Evgeni Petrov autographed…family photo. Of him and his wolf family. Evgeni will be providing the photos as a way to show thank you to the Berserkers fans for supporting him this rookie season. We’re not entirely sure why this is the item we’re giving out but he was dead set on it. This item will be given out to every fan in attendance at the game vs Kewlona on National Wolf Day which is on August 13th. Yes there will be an exhibition game scheduled in the middle of August to give this item out. No Evgeni won’t listen to reason.

Task #13 – 2 TPE A  (56 words) + C (53 words)
A)     The coolest name in the series has to belong to Bjørn Jakobsen, the defender on the Quebec City Citadelles. It’s got the O with a line through it which is the coolest letter in existence besides the O with an E inside of it. Also Jakobsen is a cool last name, I like the K.
C)     In the Kelowna vs Newfoundland cup finals what went right is that both teams got better goaltending in the series that was so dominant that it carried them both to the finals. Both squads are very solid across the board but goaltending alone can steal a series and that’s what happened here.

SMJHL Milestones for 3 TPE

Total TPE: 16

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

The colorado raptors went all-in in offering their 1000 first fans to go to the end of year team meet and greet a giant inflatable raptor costume. Exactly like the name says, it's a costume you can wear of a raptor, blue of course, that is inflatable. Powerfans will wear this at every home game and the mouth hole is convenient enough to pretend you are eating a kid and let the kid also enter your costume. NO KIDNAPPING PLEASE. It comes with a small battery powered pump to keep the costume inflated if it were to lose some of its bounciness. Usually such costume would cost around 500$, 1000$ if worn by the official mascot.

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Angus Mcfife the Eighteent, fresly arrived from the Terrorvortex after freeing that multiverse of Sargothrax's influence, is now into a world where no apparanet chaos wizard rules. Having no tangible enemy to fight is kind of confusing for Angus and as such, decided to fight world hunger. In colaboration with the Colorado Raptors, he decided he would feed all those hungry people in the state. He focuses on groups of teens who are said by others to be "high" and always hungry. The ultimate snack, from the freshest Raptors concession, is the Raptor Poutine-burger, distributed freely to hungry "high" (whatever that means) teens. You take french fries, gravy, and cheese. Let him freeze in a deep pan, cut in quare, english bread them, deep fry it, and put that square in a burger bread. You get a saucy melty that will end world (or Colorado) hunger amongst teens. Angus sends half of his salary to the charity, cuz no teens should be left hungry in such confused state of mind.

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less? (If you're on a team that had a round 1 bye, you can talk about round 2 instead)

If the Colorado Raptors would have beaten the Quebec City Citadelles, they would be the team in this championship week tasks. You would all be writing about the promising rookies such as sotakov, qwest, nystrom, KEKW and McFife. Trivia would require you to find whos the greatest captain ever (Rugg-C btw). The Kelowna Knights would have been dismissed by the Raptors in 4 games then the boats would also be handled in 4 for an easy cup win. Wait I tought the task was to say what we were daydreaming about. Anyway, Yanno Rosejac, the best goalie in the league, would have been supa hot fire (not a rapper) and carry our young but promising teams far with his miracle performance. If our skating players managed to find a couple more goals there and there against Quebec, that could have been a possible scenario. We would then build on that to enter next season's playoffs on a hot streak.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE

I think I did well. Not being a liabability defensively was one of my main focus. I ended up not giving the puck away too many times and also kept my plus minus on the good side. I scored a couple goals and got some assists, but I think that with a bit more luck and skill I could have gotten more. I expected myself to contribute a bit more on the powerplay, not being capable of attaining a 5 powerplay point milestone kinda hurts. For next season, I will be working on my offensive side since that was one of the reason we struggle in these playoffs, not enough offensive support to our solid defensive play. I will improve my accuracy so I don't miss every shot I take and improve my offensive reading to find our deadly sniper wingers. Of course, mobility is important and as such I will focus on the physical basics like skating and strenght.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.
Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
LINK TO TRIVIA FORM

I did the trivia, verification word is : tocaps

Code:
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
--> MILESTONES POST HERE <--

2 milestones tpe

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 12:51 AM by jackkmart.)

Task 4

Dara, despite being from Ireland, has quickly assimilated into Canadian culture in Vancouver and upon his arrival became especially enraptured by the Chinese/ Asian food available. As a result, Dara decided to open a small pop-up Asian restaurant with help from some locals. All profits would go to local food banks and other homeless aid while on Sundays every menu item is only 2 dollars in order to make food accessible to as many people as possible. Recently, Dara, because of his projected increased salary opened two more shops and decided to cut prices even further in order to produce more donation money for those homeless shelters and aid centers they were already donating to. Dara has been extremely grateful to those in the community who welcomed him with open arms and those who have helped to set up and operate the shops as Dara struggles to make toast let alone a whole menu of high-quality Asian cuisine. 

Words 158

Task 7 

The new format, I believe, is fantastic and has lead to some very unexpected results and very interesting matchups that otherwise would not have been possible. For instance, the Whalers really had no right to go to the second round in the playoffs especially not to go to 7 games against Kelowna, but it happened despite a pretty dismal regular season. Anchorage has also benefitted from this format and has provided some very entertaining series. Ultimately, I think the fans are the greatest benefactors as they get more, high quality, high stakes playoff hockey. What more could anyone really want?

Words 100

Task 8

Looking back, my rookie season was, safe to say, pretty average, while I managed more points than I expected, my defensive stats lagged a bit for the first half of the season. My TPE has also been behind many of my compatriots in Vancouver both because I was slightly late to the party :( and I missed a couple of early TPE opportunities. Beyond this, many of my teammates seem to be some of the fastest earners in the league so perhaps they just set a high standard. Regardless, I am pretty confident I can earn enough to cap next season, catching up with some of the others in Vancouver in order to ensure a successful next season and seasons beyond. Back to this season to finish this off, however, I just want to thank Vancouver staff and players for being so welcoming and helping me get acclimated to the league and structure of the site so quickly and I am very much looking forward to a better, less turbulent season next year.

Words 171

Task 10 

Eliminated we were... a tough day in the Vancouver Whaler locker room to be sure. After pushing the Knights to game seven we couldn't finish the job and ended up packing up our season as a result. However, all eyes now look ahead to the new season, the Whalers while losing some key players will be locked and loaded to compete to be one of the best in season 59 especially off the back of an inspiring season 58 play-off performance. Most of the season 58 rookies look solid and some have already or will very soon reach the first year SMJHL TPE cap ready to quickly fill those spots which have been vacated by their seniors. The rookies this season or late-comers also look good and the recruits are bringing an air of optimism about the team. Season 59 will be big indeed for the Whalers and we hope to see you all in the coveted four-star cup! music plays

Words 161

Task 16 - peepee

ISFL Affiliate PT here