Create Account

S58 SMJHL Championship Week

task 2:

The Nevada Battleborn are extremely pleased to announce that, on our home opener next season, the team will be providing the first 1,000 fans a souvenir. This limited time item will be celebrating hard hitting rookie defenseman Eero Makela, who makes his presence felt each and every game. To celebrate Makela's endless appetite for bone-crunching body checks, the Battleborn ushers will be handing out hardhats emblazoned with the team logo on the front, and Makela's jersey number on the back. These are a limited edition item and a must-have for any fan of the Battleborn and of old-time hockey. So join us on opening night and get yours!

task 4:

Nevada Battleborn's hard hitting rookie defenseman Eero Makela is known for making an impact on the ice. But what many people outside of the community might not realize is that the hulking Finn also makes an impact off the ice. Along with motivational speaking and hospital visits, Makela has started up a community program to help espouse the virtues and joys of exercise and physical fitness. Building Better Tomorrows, Makela's program, has a focus on building muscle mass while not losing agility. First launched as an impromptu event in a local city park, Building Better Tomorrows has transformed into a biweekly event that attracts hundreds of people per session. While impossible to provide enough equipment for so many people, Makela has been able to adapt on the fly and has had a number of long benches built in the park, which can be used for resistance training and strengthening the abdominal core. Makela is now accepting donations for his non-profit. PM me for details.

task 7:

The playoffs this season has led to some interesting early round matchups, sometimes pairing an eastern and a western team head to head. Some people may consider that a crime against humanity, a blasphemy to the gods, but honestly, the NHL used to do that and it worked fine. That method is how you ended up with such classics as the Sabres / Flyers series for the Cup in the early 70s, and the infamous Fog game. Unusual matchups create unusual circumstances, which can create legendary events that will never be replicated again. If a real league can do it, a digital league sure as hell can, as well, and I'm all in favor.

task 8:

"I came into this season with low expectations of myself," Nevada Battleborn defenseman Eero Makela told reporters on locker cleanout day. "I wanted to work hard, play hard, and maybe score my first goal. I accomplished all of those things, and developed a reputation as one of the hardest hitters in the league as a rookie. As the season went on, I learned more about the speed of the game at this level, and how best to use my size and strength on the smaller ice surface. In Finland, I could play a heavy game, but in North America, there's not a single game that goes by that I don't have an opportunity to try to separate an opponent's head from their shoulders. I live for that shit. You think you can waltz into our zone and dangle around me? Bam! Now you've got a separated shoulder. Don't ever try that again."

task 11:

The SMJHL offseason is a long one, especially if your team is unfortunate enough to not make the playoffs. For the Nevada Battleborn and defenseman Eero Makela, all that extra time leads to one thing: training. "I lift heavy things every day," Makela said. "Weights, tire-flipping, squats, anything like that. Protein shake for breakfast, lift, go for a short run, lift, have lunch, lift, sauna. That's basically every day. I'm ready to go. I've never been stronger in my life, and I'm pretty pissed off about the way last season ended. I'm doing everything I can in my power to make sure that Nevada not only makes the playoffs, but pounds their way to the championship. And when it comes to pounding, nobody in this league pounds harder than I do. If it weren't against the rules, I'd be German suplexing these bastards all over the ice. My goal in hockey is to break enough of them that they have to give up, and now, I'm starting to feel ready."
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 02:09 AM by fever95.)

TASK 1 3 TPE
[Image: 1eE1c3B.png]

TASK 4 3 TPE
[Image: 4qU83vx.png]

TASK 5 3 TPE
[Image: P3NIOMw.png]

PBE Affiliation 3 TPE

TASK 16 3 TPE
fever

TASK 17 1 TPE
S58 SMJHL Milestones

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 05:14 AM by Memento Mori.)

Code:
You may claim affiliation from an ISFL or PBE PT for 3 of your 16 TPE total

ISFL PT +3 TPE

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Citadelles and Armada (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

F: Igor Petrov: My front three is all about scoring, with a stout defence and goalie expected to handle the opposition forwards. Petrov finished fourth in points, bettered only by the two players below and Kelowna's Kynwyl Pearce.
F: Zdenko Benarek: Beranek finished with a (joint) league-high 40 assists, and his job will be to distribute the puck to the explosive wingers either side of him. Beranek's 71 offensive game rating was another shared league-high.
F: Mew Two: Mew Two led the league in points, with 34 goals and 35 assists. His primary role will be to receive and convert passes from Beranek (as he did in the regular season), but he has the playmaking ability to create goals for his teammates.
D: Jean-Locke Zidane: Zidane finished with the highest defensive game rating in the SMJHL, and contributed a notable 23 points. Zidane was Anchorage's enforcer, finishing with 230 hits and 92 penalty minutes.
D: Boris Petrov: Boris Petrov completes our no-nonsense defensive pair, and the Quebec defenceman racked up an astonishing 346 hits in the regular season. Petrov doesn't add much on offence (scoring just a single goal from 78 shots) but is a punishing defender. The only concern is the other category he led the SMJHL in, his 195 minutes' worth of penalties.
G: Chimkin Tendy: Tendy was the SMJHL's best goalie and a large reason for Anchorage's success, finishing with the highest qualifying save percentage. His inclusion in this team is a no-brainer. (246 words)

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. Anchorage, having gone into these playoffs not seen as a genuine contender, have rolled through to the finals with a 12-4 playoff run, beating two powerhouses in Detroit and Newfoundland in 5 games each. Quebec, on the other hand, after a rocky start to their playoffs against Colorado, just thumped 1st place Kelowna in 5 games in their semifinals. Who looks best going into these finals?
C. You're in another timeline where Kelowna and Newfoundland are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but regular season performance is a key factor in laying the foundation for a solid playoff run. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?
A. The player with the best name in the series is Slava Petrov. It's not the obvious choice, with it not being a pun, instead there's some flavour here. Slava is one of three Petrovs, three players from the Season 56 class who're controlled by Muford, Bayley and ckroyal. You can see the three friends having a little rivalry here with plenty of opportunities for league content that they and others can take advantage of - like I'm doing right now. It's a nice touch. (83 words)
B. The obvious answer to this question is Quebec. Quebec finished the regular season as one of the top teams, their 98 points second only to the Kelowna Knights. Anchorage has lived more of a charmed life, scraping their way to second place in the western conference with only the 5th best record in the SMJHL. No one expected them to get this far, giving the finals a David v Goliath vibe. The smart money is on Quebec here. (78 words)
C. A key part of Anchorage's success this season has been the form of their goalie, Chimkin Tendy. You only need to look as far as Game 2 in their matchup against Newfoundland - where Tendy played poorly and Anchorage shipped 8 - to see where the Armada might be without stellar goalie play. The story in the other semi-final was Kelowna not playing as well as they showed they could in the regular season. You imagine that if they'd played at their full potential, that series could've gone the other way. (89 words)
D. As mentioned previously, I think Anchorage goalie Chimkin Tendy has been key to the Armada's relative success on the ice in the S58 regular season. His 0.927 was the highest save percentage in the league (discounting a backup who played two games), and he also contributed an average of three gnomedabs per game - another league high. He was sorely missed when he was briefly called up to the SHL due to a suspension, and his absence will be felt even more when he's called up permanently next season. Anchorage simply would not have finished 2nd in the west without him. (100 words)

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.

Verification word: gnomed

Code:
Task #17 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Trivia:
Verification Word: Frostonks

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

Task 17 - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3007253 (Claim 3) +3

Affilliate PT - http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=294513 +3

Task 16 - 11Rings +2 (Just a guess to what I got)

Task 2 - The items the scarecrow's will be giving out during their next home game versus their rivals, Detroit is a scarecrow hat. We feel this item can get both the fans and players all excited about the game, and who knows, maybe there is a hat trick and we can see them across the ice. This item will also include the names of both GM's and the yet to be named captains for next season, on the side in gold print. We hope this can get the crows off to a great start next season and make it a good one. A championship awaits on the horizon. Go Crows! +2

Task 8 - I was very proud of my rookie season, I was 3rd in rookie scoring which for a 4th round draft pick is truly amazing. I scored 31 points on the season and was apart of one of the best 3rd lines in the SMJHL. I feel like me, Hunter Sharpe and Scooby-Doo make a great line and because we are all so young, we will be a threat in the years to come. I also like the number of shots our young defensemen are able to get off because one of the spots we lacked in this season was Shots on Goal. The more shots we can create, the more we will score. I feel like it is realistic for us to be a major competitor within the next 1-3 season and maybe even a great team in all 3 of those seasons. I would love to give St. Louis one of their first championships in the past few years and maybe start a mini-dynasty. +3

Task 10 - I just talked a lot about this but I am going to expand on it even more. St. Louis had one of the most productive rookie classes this past season and were able to add in an undrafted rookie in Iorek Brynison to luck up the net. Iorek is a great example as to the fight this the younger player have because even though on paper he should be out there getting destroyed, he put together a solid season for someone with less training and a less expected outcome. The year above the rookies includes names like Hunter Sharpe who will be a major threat in the upcoming season. The last season the Scarecrows also had a change in Co-GM which may have had a slight impact but now that everyone has settled in, positive outcomes are on the horizon. As much as it hurts to lose guys like Xavier Doom and Pavel Kharlamov, the Scarecrows have to be looking forward towards the future and can't worry too much about their loses. Doom especially is a great player and will have a long successful SHL career but the minors can only last so long. +3

16/16

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 01:33 PM by Dagumpa.)

PBE PT +3

Task #17 +3

Task #4 +3
I have long committed myself to ridding this world of all forms of vermin. Be it insects, spiders, mice, rats, squirrels, chipmunks, even some birds: it is my goal to make them be gone. And that's why with the help of my lovely, southern-belle wife and a little bit of money from the Big Mouse, I have established the Bob's Bugs B Gone Foundation. We are a only-a-little profit organization that has operated for an astounding 2 and a half days. Our mission plan is to prevent bugs (and other forms of vermin) from getting the upper hand against red-blooded humans. I do find it kinda surprising that the boss has contributed to our cause. I mean...he is a mouse. But he's gonna spend his money any way he can so they find out all the bodies buried in order to make i-I MEAN donate today and we'll add you to our mailing list. It is impossible to unsubscribe from and you will get messages from us twice a day at the worst possible times.
Code:
175 Words

Task #7 +2
I will say that I'm a huge fan of every team making the playoffs, especially for the juniors. This whole league, not just the juniors, is participation based. We're all taking time out of our busy days to be a part of it. So why can't every team make the playoffs? Some people, instead, have to sit through tanking teams that won't make the playoffs for legit months. But I digress. The semifinal seeding was atrocious. The playoffs should be set up so that the one seed and the two seed can face each other in the finals...not the semifinals. I'm not 100% sure how the playoffs are formatted here. But I think a change should be in order if 1 vs 2 is a matchup enroute to the Finals.
Code:
130 Words

Task #8 +3
I have completed my first season in the SMJHL! Hockey is a new experience for me so I did not have too many expectations. Our GM told us at the beginning of the season that it would not be very easy going and that we are in the middle of a rebuild. So really, my expectations were practically nonexistent. I scored some goals, made some assists, and only spent 16 minutes in the penalty box. What really surprised me was how many hits I had. I finished the year with 68 hits: which was about 65 more than I expected to have. If you know me, I'm a pretty nice guy. The only things I'd ever harm are those darn insects that ruin everything. So the fact that I laid out 68 people this season is a real shocker to me. I am a bit upset, though, that I was one hit shy of the magic number. I wasn't extremely efficient, but I'm still learning the game. I'm gearing up for a much bigger S59 and I'm excited to see how the Outlaws fare then. 
Code:
185 Words

Task #13 +2
a. I think I gotta go with Big Boss on Quebec City. Metal Gear Solid is a game franchise that has long...perplexed me. But I love seeing when people reference it. And my friend and I used to do the David Hayter voice almost all day in high school sometimes. As for Anchorage, Jay Sink is definitely the best name. Still waiting for PBE to move off of it. (68 words)
b. I think I gotta go with Quebec City. In one of my deeps dives, I talked about how they were the much weaker team when compared to Kelowna. I also said that the Knights have very few weaknesses and could possibly sweep the playoffs. That, of course, was not the case with the Citadelles mowing over the Knights in 5 games. The series against Colorado was a bit tough for them, especially considering the Raptors were taken to 7 by the Outlaws in the round before. But the decisive win against Kelowna cemented them as legit, in my opinion. (99 words)

3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 16!

[Image: duncan_png.png]

Task 4 (3 TPE)
Little bit after I got drafted I decided to help local youth hockey club. I remember when I was kid how hard it was for parents to get all needed gear for kid. Thats why with help of youth team coach we bought all gear for kids to play, all needed attributes for training. And with help of Armada teams stuff we even gave oppurtunity them train with up one day in a month. With tough schedule it is hard to make more trainings with kids. Its a nice feeling to see all those smiles in kids faces. Two month after I got drafted I organised charity event to help orphan kids find home. We made concert, played allkind games on and off the ice. Every donated dollar went to my "Help kids get home" charity. This charity already has helped kids find home and its just the start of it. (151 words)

Task 7 (2 TPE)
I think I never seen that kind of format, but yeah every league have its own way on doing things I guess. Looking at this format as a hockey fan its kinda weird when best two teams in the league meets before finals. As you all saw in this seasons play-offs 1st vs 2nd were in semifinals. I think usual play-off would be better. Start with inside conference games till conference finals and then big final where meets two best teams from each conference. On other hand this format is more unpredictable because you need to work out allkind strategies before even playoffs (103 words).

Task 8 (3 TPE)
I didnt know what to expect from SMJHL. This is the last step before going Pro. And after I was drafted so low my expectations were pretty low too. Actually I am very surprised of how my rookie season been. I really didnt expect 10+12 in my rookie season. I thought maybe six or seven points through out the season, ok maybe with luck i get to ten points but not ten goals. Of course i give credit to my teammates and coaching stuff. Experienced teammates helped alot to adjust to league. Coaching stuff put trust in me and I did what I have to do. For next season I really need to work on my defence, in defence I played pretty poorly. I think after finals I will talk to coach about my work in off-season, but yes work on my defence is my priority for next season. But I will work on other aspects of the game too. (160 words)

Task 11 (3 TPE)
In off-season I plan go to Latvia to visit my family. They been very supportive through out not just this season but through out my career. It was first time I left my family for that amout of time. After every game I got some supportive message from them. Spend some quality time in Latvia, go to beach, walk in woods, just relax and for some time i wont think about hockey. Maybe I will write some lyrics to song I was working on before SMJHL season, but didnt had time to finish them, but that is only if I will have time to do that. Overall I just need to charge my batteries. After visiting Latvia if I will have time I will go on some small trip in Europe or US, I havent thought about it yet much. After all that I will return in Anchorage and will start to work out, get back in shape mentally and physically. (161 words)

Task 16 (3 TPE)
King

Task 17 (2 TPE)
Milestones

16 TPE

Drafted 59th Overall in SMJHL S58 draft by Anchorage Armada
Drafted 9th in SMJHL S60 expansion draft by Great Falls Grizzlies
Drafted 36th Overall in SHL S59 draft by Calgary Dragons

[Image: lux2.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 12:26 PM by TeyonSchavari.)

Milestone 1 TPE

Trivia verification word: Bingus (up to 3 TPE)

ISFL Affiliate PT 3 TPE

Task #4 - 3 TPE

As a new hockey Player, Hail Bingus has been able to finally give back to the community. Ever since stepping into the spotlight, Bingus has become a God-like entity, worshipped by nearly all of the people that see his cute little feline figure. As such, many opportunities have arisen to allow Bingus to be a force for good. He is a benevolant God, after all. In an exciting event, Bingus was invited to make an appearance at St. Judes Children's hospital for a fundraiser. In all, the event earned over a hundred million dollars as people from across the globe tuned in to see Bingus in his full form and would donate all they had for any cause Bingus was a part of. The children all seemed to be in much better spirits as well, and were very happy to be able to spend time with Bingus. Overall, it was a very successful event, and Bingus will likely attend more in the future. All Hail Bingus.

[Image: HailBingus.png?width=911&height=450]

Task 9: +2
The Newfoundland/Anchorage series was hands down the most exciting in my opinion. Anchorage tookk a 1-0 series lead but then Nefoundland stormed back in a huge way and won game 2 8-0. Newfoundland was celebrating. Anchorage was panicking. Most people would've counted Anchorage out at that point, they were the underdogs afterall, but Anchorage wasn't done yet. They played a solid game 3 and came out the victors then followed that up with 2 OT wins in games 4 and 5 to win the heart-stopping series 4-1. The score won games 3-5 in a thriller series, including 2 OT wins. (101 words)

Task 11: +3
Unfortunately Anchorage didn't make it past Quebec in the finals. It was a heartbreaking series for us but at the same time no one expected us to do as well as we did and second place is nothing to be ashamed of. Regardless, it's time to get into the offseason and start looking ahead to next year and hopefully a cup next season. Firstly, there's the draft. Being rather low on TPE, it's hard to say where in the draft I'll end up. It definitely won't be a first round pick, but at the same time, it could (and I'm being optomistic here) be a late 2nd round pick. Jennings is going to be training every chance he gets to boost his overall TPE and hopefully be in a better position next season to boost my stats. I'll also be jumping on any PTs or chances to earn bonus TPE that pop up over the course of the offseason as well. (161 words)

Task 17: +1
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008113

16/16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 03:07 PM by Emiko.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE
The Citadelles appreciate all of their fans, and to demonstrate this, we are giving away a Mew Two bobblehead to the first 20,000 fans at the arena. In addition to this, 10 lucky fans will be randomly selected to join a meet-and-greet session with Mew Two after the game. They will be able to take pictures with him and ask him some questions about the team. This will occur during our 44th game of the season. I chose this date because, at this point in the season, some fans might be starting to become bored or lose interest in cheering for our team, so this will bring back the hype.
(111 words)

Task #4 - 3 TPE
This past weekend, the Quebec City Citadelles organized a fun fair event and donated all proceeds to cancer research. The event was held from 12 pm - 5 pm on Sunday, March 28.  There were many different activities for people to do at the event, such as face paint, bean bag throwing competitions, bouncy castles, and more. Families could buy a pack of 20 tickets for $20, or individual tickets for $1.25. The event was a huge success and over 80 families showed up. In total, we generated $1,800 in revenue from the event, and incurred costs of $900. This means we were able to donate $900 to cancer research to a hospital in Quebec City. Our team really enjoyed organizing this event and we are glad that we could make a contribution to the community. We are planning to make this an annual event and we want to make it even bigger and better next year.
(158 words)

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Here is my dream team and explanations:
LW - Big Boss - Big Boss is easily the best player in the SMJHL right now, and he is only a rookie. With potential like this, he is a must-have on any dream team.
C - Shane Duffy Jr. - Duffy has been linemates with Big Boss this season and they have lead the Citadelles to a cup together, so it makes sense to include him on the dream team as well.
RW - Mew Two - In just his second season, Mew Two lead the SMJHL in points. He has potential to be a MVP candidate for a couple more years.
LD - Kappa Kappa - Kappa is a rookie for the Citadelles and is already making a huge impact. He scored 25 points as a defenseman and led the league in +/-.
RD - Jasper Maximov - Maximov has been the captain of the Citadelles since the very beginning, so his leadership and experience will be extremely valuable for this dream team.
(161 words)

Task #8 - 3 TPE
I am very happy with my rookie season. While the results might not be there yet, I know I improved a lot. Going into the season, I had absolutely no idea how the SHL worked and was quite confused. I’m very glad I was drafted by the Citadelles because they were very helpful and friendly welcoming me into the league, and I guess winning the cup isn’t too bad either. Next season I want to continue improving at a fast rate so that I can catch up to everyone else in my draft class. In terms of my expectations for next season, I hope to score at least 10 goals and 20 assists. I also hope to continue improving on the defensive end, so I am aiming for at least 20 takeaways and 50 blocked shots. I also think a lot of QCC’s players will be moving up to the SHL next season, so I will have to step up and continue their legacy.
(164 words)

Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 3 TPE
It is hard to choose just one player, but I believe Mat Smith was the MVP of the series, as well as the playoffs overall. Mat had the highest save percentage and lowest GAA in the playoffs. In the finals, Mat went 4-1, with a 0.80 GAA and a .960 save percentage, which is unbelievable. If he had put up these numbers during the regular season, he would have led the league in save percentage and GAA by a significant margin. He also had 2 shutouts. Mat has been with our team since the beginning, and his leadership and poise is incredibly valuable to the team. He will likely be called up to the SHL next year, but we have a great backup goalie as well, Tyler Ward, so I am not too worried about our future. Overall, I believe everyone on the Citadelles played amazing, but Mat Smith would be my vote for MVP.
(156 words)

Task #17 - Milestones - 2 TPE
Milestones (+2 TPE)

Total: 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 = +16 TPE

[Image: wMOao8d.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 05:16 PM by pat.)

MILESTONES POST:
2 TPE Milestones +2 TPE

ISFL Affiliate:
ISFL PT#1 +3 TPE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

For Season 59, the Kraken will be unveiling a new commemorative item as a special thank you to the first 1,000 fans to come to their home opener. The item will be a special VHS (times are tough in the SHJHL okay?) created by the Kraken's very own Gino Lombardo (he actually spent numerous hours this off-season cutting every single tape) titled, "1,000 Ways to Win: Fight like Lombardo." The video is a 14 minute super cut of Gino wearing nothing but extra tight jogger sweatpants while performing martial arts kicks and punches in his home studio, set to the soundtrack from 1994's The Next Karate Kid. "No one brings it like Hilary Swank," replied Lombardo when asked about his inspiration for the video.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.

From the first moment he stepped on the ice in the SMJHL, Gino Lombardo was compared to one fellow player in the league - a bruiser by the name of Boris Petrov, who plays for the Quebec City Citadelles. These players are often mentioned in the same breath as two enforcers who you don't want to get on the wrong side of, and it's easy to see why. During Season 58, no players in the SMJHL instilled fear in the hearts of their opponents, nor steeled the resolve of their teammates with nothing more than a few well-placed punches quite like Lombardo and Petrov did. The two players are the only ones to have surpassed double digit fights on the season - 17 for Petrov and 13 for Lombardo - and as such both were near the top in the league in penalty minutes - Petrov with a mind-boggling 195, while Lombardo led all rookies with 87. Both player make their money by getting in their heads of their opponents.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?
Requirements: 150+ words.

What do the Carolina Kraken faithful have to be excited about heading into next season? What kind of a question is that? Carolina had one of, if not THE, youngest rosters in the entire SMJHL during S58. The team had six, count them SIX, rookies that played a lot of meaningful minutes during Season 58, and I'm going to spend the next 100 words or so telling you why you should be excited about that.

First of all, all of those six rookies that were taken are high if not max earners, and they won't be going anywhere any time soon. The youth revolution has begun!
Second of all, those rookies that were playing on the second and third lines at their positions played admirably  when they had their opportunities to do so and will only play better after having a season of growing under their belts.
Third of all, one of those rookies was a little fella by the way of Gino Lombardo, a world class enforcer who put everyone in the league on notice with his play. He led all rookies in Defensive Game Rating, Penalties, and fights. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 150+ words

--------------------------------------------------------------

As mentioned previously, Gino is spending almost all of his free time this off-season focusing on recording, editing, and proofing 1,000 copies of his direct-to-video VHS self-defense tape, "1,000 Ways to Win: Fight like Lombardo." To do so, he enlisted the help of a few industry specialists to make sure he's not only in the best fighting shape he can be, but also to provide the most accurate and helpful self defense advice he can. To help get him get into fighting shape, Gino enlisted famed self-defense guru and star of, "Street Defense," Bas Rutten. For the purpose of fight choreography, Lombardo used his Long Island Community College connections to get the one and only William Zabka to help him best time his punches and kicks with the awesome 90's music. Lastly, every good promotional video for a minor league hockey club needs top of the line special effects and storytelling, so somehow Gino convinced Carolina to spend slightly over $800,000 to hire Hollywood director Michael Bay to help with story editing and effects. So, for his off-season, Gino spent all his time working together with these esteemed personalities to make sure those 1,000 fans get the best free video product money can buy.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Task #7 - 2 TPE
As I'm sure you've all noticed the postseason uses a 12-team playoff format, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  5th vs 6th. What is your opinion on the format? Good or bad?
Requirements: 100+ words.

Personally, I love the twelve team format for playoffs. So, my main league is the ISFL, and unfortunately my team is in a rebuilding phase at the moment, so playoffs are a bit of a pipe dream for us. It kind of gets old having to try and keep players excited about the post season when you know that you won't be participating. Just making the playoffs is fun in and of itself, but then you add in the fact that a team can get hot at the right time and it takes it from fun to exciting. Sure, Carolina lost in the first round, but we still gave Vancouver a hell of a fight! I wouldn't change the playoff format for anything!

CW TOTAL: 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 17

Task #17 - Milestones
Three Milestones (PIM, HITS, Takeaways)

Task #11

It is well and truly the offseason as Daud Ramza lounges at home. His efforts were not enough during the playoffs and as such, his Carolina Kraken failed to make it past the first round; losing to the Vancouver Whalers in six games. In order to look and feel better, he has embarked on a ketosis diet to improve his body for the combine, workouts and the draft. Of course, one cannot afford to look pudgy on draft night. It started with a diet high in fat and protein and no more than twenty grams of carbohydrates in a day. Ramza is tempted daily with Baklava, but he avoids that sweet pistachio goodness and suffices on eggs, cheese, and more eggs. In addition, Ramza has apparently been blowing up Jay Sink’s phone during his entire cup run with text messages on studies about how a keto based diet will lead to better draft results and how Ramza will surely go ahead of him in the draft because of this.
Code:
169 Words

Task #16 - Trivia
Verification word - Bangladesh

Task 10

I have written about it before, but I will repeat it again and again until the world understands that this was an incredibly young squad. Our bunch can only get better as we watch our lot from season fifty-eight and season fifty-nine start to really bloom. In particular, I think that Finn Von Murphy, Ole Oleson and Jimmy Jimmy will really break out next season and anchor our team both in terms of offence and defence. I think that our team’s brightest spot this past season was our goalie, Ragnar-Alexandre Ragnarsson-Tremblay. His incredible work kept us in more than a fair share of games, and hopefully next season our skaters will rise to his level and if that does happen, we will end up with an incredible squad. Finally, I would be remiss to not bring up some of the new faces in the season sixty class. There are definitely some figures there that I would love to see in orange and black.
Code:
163 Words

Task 2

The Carolina Kraken cordially invite you to “Daud Ramza’s Centre Attack Midfielding Course for Dummies”.  For the entire regular season, the good people of Charlotte had to hear Ramza throw out random football terms like “through ball it!”, “Cross it in!” and “You bloody troglodytes!” whilst also playing some of the worst hockey they had ever seen. So, for this one night only, Ramza will try and teach everyone of our fans how to play footie correctly! And for even more fun, he will be on the ice throughout the whole evening. Do you want to see the centre who failed you fail at the sport he is supposed to be good at? Come on down!
Code:
116 Words

Task 13

A) The best name in this series is without a doubt Jay Sink. For as much guff as I give Mori, that name is incredible, and I am very jealous that I did not think of it myself. I think for as awful as his career will be, he can always hang his head highly on the fact that he will have an incredible name.
Code:
64 Words

D) I believe that when looking at the Anchorage Armada’s rise throughout the regular season, the team MVP must be their centre, Pablo Salvatici. He recorded forty points throughout the regular season, which was the second most on the team. Personally, I am of the mindset that his twenty-six assists make him an invaluable part of the team.
Code:
57 Words

[Image: blasoon.gif]

ISFL affliation PT - 3 TPE

Task #4 - 3 TPE
Now it may not surprise you to know that there are a number of charitable causes that I have close to my heart, but the biggest one is climate change. Coming from the arctic circle many of my fellow bears are losing their homes and their food stocks to it while you fat humans do nothing about it. In first understanding that things such as your automobiles cause the problem I do consider going on a rampage in downtown St Louis and smashing up a bunch of cars but I was told that may hurt my draft stock, so instead I came up with an alternative solution. I instead have set up a fundraising gala with a Hockey auction at the end. So many of my team mates and fellow player in the league have been so generous with donations for it, apparently when an 8 foot talking polar bear who can literally rip your arms off asks you for helping a charity due to you and your species destroying the planet people very quickly offer help, or pee themselves a little, most of the time both if I am being honest.
WC 191

Task #8 - 3 TPE
As I am sure you are aware I joined the league late and so it took a little while getting adjusted to how you humans play hockey. I was the 2nd choice keeper at St Louis sitting behind Kirk Kirkwood who I believe will be stepping away from the sport in this off season. I feel I had a pretty good season for it being my very 1st one all, there were not too many blow out and I had a fair few number of decent games, I certainly tailed off towards the end of the season which was a little disappointing but what can you do about that? Next season I just want to be better all round, be a strong player for my team and make sure that the keeper is one of the strengths of the team rather than a potential issue. So higher rating, more shut outs, less goals conceded here I come!
WC 157

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Please note that this scouting report is completely unbiased in every way:
Player: Iorek Byrnison
Position: Goalie
Height: 9 foot 10 inches
Weight: 1,500 lbs
Scouting Notes: The first thing that comes to my mind when I saw this play was “holy crap there is an actual polar bear on the ice” and this certainly sums up his x factor. His sheer size and weight means that he covers substantially more of the net than any other keeper, he is always the strongest player on the ice and he gives off a real fear factor to opposing attackers, especially when he roars. I have seen players only try to score from long distance just to do their best in avoiding him. Now his weaknesses also related to his size, he is lacking in mobility and well he possesses a very strong hit it is unfortunately very inaccurate, he also creates a little bit of fear in the locker room. If you are planning on drafting him then please note he does require a large quantity of raw seal meat as a stipend in his contract.
WC 186

Task #16 - Finals Trivia
Verification word: Bear

Task #17 - Milestones

Milestone - 1TPE

16 TPE total

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

5- 3TPE
My first pick has got to be Mew Two. This right winger is as legendary as his name implies leading the league this season with 69 points. With 208 shots on goal, I want him to have the puck as often as possible. That is where Zdenko Beranek comes in. This center had the second highest points at 65 and lead the league in assists with 40. Rounding out my forwards will be Igor Petrov. Igor racked up 57 points over the season with a 17.71% shooting accuracy. It is no surprise Quebec is doing well with these 3 on offense and I think ill follow suit. With my offence squared away I am looking for one thing in defense, pain. I will take Boris Petrov first. Boris unfortunately spent 195 minutes in the penalty box but that was well earned. The right defensemen lead the league in both fights at 17 and fights won at 12. He also led the league with 346 hits over the season. If the other team even touches the puck, they should be afraid. Backing up Boris will be Jean-Locke Zidane. Jean had 230 hits and went 3-5 in fights over the season. Looking for a goalie I must take Chimkin Tendy. This guy has a 92.7% save percentage and I am pretty sure you would get more pucks through a stone wall than him. My team will often be down a player to penalty so I need a goalie that can stop the puck the few times the other team is brave enough to touch it.

8- 3TPE
Makrus “The Tater” Jager was disappointed with his rookie season. Jager’s late start to the season put him behind his fellow rookies making it hard for him to measure up. Jager dreamed of goals, assists and a championship. The reality was Jager did not score his first goal until playoffs. Jager only racked up 3 assists over his season. Even though his team, the Vancouver Whalers, made it to playoffs they were knocked out second round. Jager was left wanting more. Next season Jager will be able to train with the SHL players. Jager is excited for the chance to grow and train with these experienced players. Jager is setting his expectation for next year to be more realistic. Maybe he will not be the highest scorer, or the starting player, but its another chance to play the best he can. Maybe this time he can help bring the Whalers a trophy home. He needs to stay focused on that goal and let the rest of it fall into place.

10- 3TPE
The Vancouver Whalers got knocked out of playoffs in round two after a seven-game series to the number one seed Kelowna Knights. It was a closely fought series, but the Knights got the better end of it. The Whalers were not expecting to take the series but with victory so close it hurts to take that loss. Its not all bad for the Whalers though. Even in the darkness of this loss there is still some light. Several Whalers had good showings in the playoffs and will need to carry that momentum into next season. Zayne Rotzbua brought 6 points in for the Whalers. Wile Coyote, Alexis Saint-Michel, and Narboza Manyhands all brought 5 points in for the Whalers. Lonnie O’Donoghue, Nikolaj Boyle, Makrus “The Tater” Jager, Robot Sunfish, Sven Svechnikov, Dara McQuick, Austin Smith, and Ako Zile all brought 4 points in for the Whalers. These players have some big shoes to fill next season but they are well on their way to brining the Whalers a successful season and another shot at the cup.

12- 3TPE
Tonight, on scout report we are looking at the wild card of the upcoming draft Makrus “The Tater” Jager. Jager, from Kessel Germany, joined this season late due to what he described as his “ultimate adversary”. Once Jager joined the league he was signed with the Vancouver Whalers and played center for their 4th line in 32 games. Jager had a slow start to his season scoring no goal in his 32 games. Jager managed to get 3 assists during his season. During playoffs Jager played 13 games and scored 2 goals and 2 assists. This could be a sign of things to come but there is not a lot of data to back that up. Teams looking at Jager should be wary of his performance thus far. The bright side is that Jager is a young player and with a rough rookie season he has something to prove next year. He could continue a career of mediocrity or he could bounce back and become a breakout player. Jager is a risk, only time will tell if he is worth it.

16- 3TPE
Tater
17- 1TPE
Milestones

[Image: qm0v49d.png]