Create Account

Feeder Teams in the Draft (2x Media)

One of the things I have always been interested in during sim leagues is the idea of "feeder teams." Feeder teams are basically the idea that one team drafts quite extensively from a certain development team. This is usually due to a connection between the GM's or war room members and the original team. For this I decided to look at the first two round of S54 -> S58 as it was the 5 most recent drafts. And have looked to see any major trends that pop up among those teams picking. Two obvious issues is that certain teams (Tampa) have like 100 picks in this time, while other teams have had very few picks so the trends are not 100% set in stone, and I guess the best way to really narrow it down would to go back even farther but I'm too lazy to do that so I'm just looking at the recent 5 seasons trends.
Inferno Atlanta Inferno  Inferno
[Image: Atlanta.png]
There is a very obvious trend for Atlanta is a huge bias towards players from accourage, with 4/6 of their draft pick coming from this team. If is clear that they have some strong roots to this team and obviously feel comfortable taking players from this team, and outside this current draft they seem to be picking alot from the recent 4 star champs
Platoon Baltimore Platoon Platoon
[Image: Baltimore.png]
Baltimore has had many picks in the last 5 seasons, and have been able to avoid any obvious bias towards any particular team.
Stampede Buffalo Stampede Stampede
[Image: Bufallo.png]
Again no major or obvious choice, but it is interesting to note at the fact that they have only drafted from a select among of team however there is not an obvious bias towards a team
syndicate Chicago Syndicate syndicate
[Image: Chicago.png]
Two interesting things to note; firstly Chicago seems to like the look of the Berserkers; however it seems like the majority of their picks come in the 2nd round; this might be a a connection where they view the possibility of 2nd round steals in this draft
Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks
[Image: Hammilton.png]
Hamilton seems to love their whalers with them being the only team were they have drafted multiple players from, as a Vancouver player myself i know that they have a few alums that hang out in the locker room.
Rage Manhattan Rage Rage
[Image: Manhatan.png]
A team that has not had too many picks in the first few rounds; they have not picked enough players to show any trend and its kind of interesting to note that they have only picked from a few different teams
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack Wolfpack
[Image: New_England.png]
There is a clear bias towards Maine Timber Players in this team with 75% of their Timber picks being in the first round; perhaps the fact that Maine is technically in New England which lead to Wolfpack scouts easily being able to attend timber games. Either way it seems like if your playing for Maine; the Wolfpack will be watching your career with great interest
Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda Barracuda
[Image: Tampa.png]
Tampa has drafted alot of players in the last few drafts, meaning that they seem to have some bias's towards many teams. However the four Scarecrow and 3 Anchorage picks show a bit of a preference but with the vasts amount of picks its hard to really say they have a huge bias
Stars Toronto North Stars Stars
[Image: Toronto.png]
The owner of picks 1 and 2 in this upcoming draft!! Toronto is another team that has not shown a huge bias towards different teams; with the most players they have drafted from one team has only been 2 perhaps with this upcoming draft we might see a bit more of a bias
Dragons Calgary Dragons Dragons
[Image: Calgary.png]
The dragons have picked only one player from the majority of SMJHL teams; however they have a bias towards Kelowna player; with them being the only team were they have selected multiple players; including two first rounders
Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard
[Image: Edminton.png]
Edmonton have only had a few picks in the last few drafts do they seem to not have a bias yet or if they do its hard to quantify it at this moment.
Panthers Los Angeles Panthers  Panthers
[Image: LA.png]
With 5 picks from Carolina, The Panthers Sure love their Kraken players. This vastly is higher than any other team by a significant margin, and it seems like the vast majority of these picks are in the second round which again is likely due to them thinking they can get a 2nd round steal from this team
Monarchs Minnesota Monarch  Monarchs
[Image: Minnisota.png]
Minnesota obviously has had some branding changes so i included the picks from before the rebrand. From there picks it seems like there is a slight bias towards Newfoundland players. With them picking more of them than any other team.
Specters  New Orleans Specters  Specters
[Image: NOLA.png]
New Orleans is an interesting team as it seems they have selected 2 players from every team they drafted from; so there is not a blatant bias towards any one team, however with 3 1st round picks from Kelowna i would have to give them the edge for New Orleans
pride San Francisco Pride pride
[Image: San_Fran.png]
Pride are another team that has picked from many different teams; however they seem to have a ever so slight bias toward one team in particular. Quebec City Citadels, and this is the first time there name has come up as the pride are the only SHL team to have picked multiple Citadels surprisingly
Argonauts Seattle Argonauts Argonauts
[Image: Seatle.png]
This team has done a good job at avoiding bias; as they have not selected more than two people from the same team so they do not have a clear or obvious "bias" towards certain teams
Renegades Texas Renegades Renegades
[Image: Texas.png]
The Renegades seem to like Anchorage Armada prospects a lot, with them selecting those player more than anyone else, including 2 first round picks from the Armada.
Aurora  Winnipeg Aurora  Aurora
[Image: Winnipeg.png]
Last but not least we have Winnipeg who have not had many picks so they also have no bias; in fact they have only selected a maximum of 1 player per team

the TLDR for junior teams is this 

Falcons Detroit Falcons  Falcons 
Healthy mix of SHL teams for this team but no one stands out as being your "favorite" shl team 
Shl
Timber Maine Timbers Timber 
The Maine to New England pipeline is real and the Wolfpack wants you to stay in New England 
Wolfpack
Kraken Carolina Kraken  Kraken
No Question Here LA Loves you and wants all your player to be panthers 
Panthers
Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows  Scarecrows 
The Tampa Bay Barracuda have taken more scarecrows over the last few years than any other team 

Barracuda
Raptors Colorado Raptors  Raptors 
Despite plenty of good talent team has taken more than 2 of your players 
Shl
Knights Kelowna Knights Knights 
While both Calgary and Nola have selected many of your player; you happen to be the only team Calgary has selected multiple players from
  Dragons  
Armada Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Man the Armada seems to be loved by many teams however that the Atlanta Inferno love you the most 
Inferno
Whalers Vancouver Whalers  Whalers 
Many teams have taken Whalers over the last few seasons, however the Steelhawks stand out the most taking more whalers than any other team  Steelhawks
Battleborn  Nevada Battleborn  Battleborn 

yet another juniors team without a obvious connection to an SHL team  

Shl
Berserkers Newfoundland Berserkers Berserkers 
Chicago and Minny are in contention here but i have to give it to the Monarch due to a lack of other juniors teams they pick from
Monarchs
 Outlaws Anaheim Outlaws Outlaws
No real SHL team loves you and picks alot from you so you will have to earn your way without a feeder  
Shl
Citadelles San Francisco Pride  Citadelles 
The pride are the only team that have taken 3 player from their team 
pride
Well mostly nothing since needs and scouting changes a lot however its a nice little trend to note that certain teams love certian J teams. I have noticed that the majority of "bias" picks seem to happen in the 2nd round and i believe that this is likely due to locker room presence, as its easy to take one of the "not elite" prospects when you see them every day talking in a locker room and the connection to the juniors team always helps

(1400+ Words)

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

plz dont bully my spelling english is only my first language

Kyle Sux Lmap

This is great work! This is really enjoyable. One critique is that in the pie chart add the # of people they picked, but other than that it was a real enjoyable read! And dont worry about english not being your first language. English is my first language and I still suck at it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: 738781006424965121.png?v=1]

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

03-31-2021, 04:54 PMluketd Wrote: This is great work! This is really enjoyable. One critique is that in the pie chart add the # of people they picked, but other than that it was a real enjoyable read! And dont worry about english not being your first language. English is my first language and I still suck at it
No English IS my first language lol I just haven’t improved on my spelling ability since 5th grade

Kyle Sux Lmap

This is neat, I was just thinking about this the other day!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

03-31-2021, 05:18 PMzaynzk Wrote:
03-31-2021, 04:54 PMluketd Wrote: This is great work! This is really enjoyable. One critique is that in the pie chart add the # of people they picked, but other than that it was a real enjoyable read! And dont worry about english not being your first language. English is my first language and I still suck at it
No English IS my first language lol I just haven’t improved on my spelling ability since 5th grade

oh lmao, Same

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

03-31-2021, 04:47 PMzaynzk Wrote:
Citadelles San Francisco Pride  Citadelles 
The pride are the only team that have taken 3 player from their team 
pride

QCC likes sending players to SFP so much that we have renamed ourselves as a second copy of the San Francisco Pride...

Jokes aside, great article!

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Loved this. Nicely done Smile

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Hehehehe

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I drafted quite a streak of Colorado Raptors players IIRC, so it's neat to see that trend has certainly changed up a bit for SFP. I definitely recommend you do an updated version of this every few seasons!

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

This is an awesome idea for media! We often talk about certain “pipelines” and it’s cool to see it laid out

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

I wonder where that NEW - MET pipeline comes from @Zema

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

04-01-2021, 01:58 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: I wonder where that NEW - MET pipeline comes from @Zema

Good question, I'll ask @kenvald for you

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride