Create Account

BAP Depth Chart and Draft Outlook (2x media)

Introduction:
The Baltimore Platoon have been in the process of a rebuild for many seasons now. Moves have been made to better the culture of the team and increase the result on the ice. In this article I will overview each position on the ice, address team needs, and offer solutions through upcoming S59 draftees. We hope to continue to build upon an up-and-coming core of players to compete for challenge cups in the near future.

Current roster, TPE total, and TPE average per position:

C – 5 (6032, 1206)
LW – 1 (768, 768)
RW – 3 (4552, 1517)
D – 6 (6150, 1025)
G – 2 (2359, 1179)

The team as it stands on the site has a plethora of center depth already on the roster. Including the five players on the team, the Platoon have four more centers waiting in the minors. It is safe to say that the team will not be looking for more depth up the middle in this upcoming draft.
A point of need that shows like a big red flag is the lack of wingers, particularly those on the left-hand side. While centers can make up that lack of position depth, centers prioritize their attributes differently than a winger would. The need for taking faceoffs diminishes and that TPE can be used elsewhere. The good news is that the team has two wingers down in juniors though one of them is inactive after being a top draft pick of another team.
Baltimore has a full squad of defensemen up in the big league, their depth will be tested with the prospect pool being sucked dry from call ups. No defenseman on the roster has a TPE total over 1400 with three players being under 1000 at this time.
Goalie is an odd spot. You have the veteran presence of one Luca Del Vecchio who has proven time and time again to be the team mvp with how many shots this man stops each game. The backup might be a point of weakness with only 590 TPE. Back to backs will be a big tester for the team without a solid backstop and a weaker than average defensive core.

The Needs:

To be honest, the team is so young that regression and players retiring is not a huge issue for the immediate future. It will come into play down the line but having some depth already on the team helps alleviate that concern. The team has a ton of center depth that is known. Having drafted three forwards in the draft last season, it should not be a heavy need for the team going forward (haha puns). Defense will be the biggest position needed this draft in my opinion. Having only the six players under contract is worrisome with the prospect of players leaving in free agency following this season. There is always free agency and extensions that can fill in the gaps but not having depth in the organization might come back to bite the team. Goaltending could be a need down the line especially with Del Vecchio heading into regression soon and not having a quality future option already in the system. Goalies are not taken high unless the user is held insanely high.

The Draft:

The draft is the way this team has gotten to where they are. Not a ton of free agent signings were needed to build this team up. It is a bunch of home-grown talent which is a good sign of how the team approaches the draft. The team right now only sits with two picks in the season 59 draft, those being the ninth and thirty-eighth picks. They have to hit a homerun with the first pick though the second pick has the potential to be a steal or a depth piece. There are a good number of players that can fill the needs of the team and I will speak on them here. 

There are a few top defensive prospects that will certainly catch the eyes of SHL scouts.
Jay Cink: Mori is a great guy that I know from other sim leagues. He is a good earner and knows his way around a forum. Being a general manager in ISFL will certainly help his stock. I doubt he falls to number 9, but he would be a huge steal should he fall.
Dane von Gucci: Gucci is a sim league veteran and has been around the block a time or two. He can be a polarizing character at times, but he means well and will do what he can to help a team win games.
Sekai Wollker: A true league veteran who will flex his league prowess and earn at the top of the class. He will be an asset to any team that manages to take him in the draft.
Kappa Kappa: xTri is a great user that I have seen around other sim leagues. He is friendly and likes to throw around banter and just have a good time. He can earn well and provides a lot to the clubhouse.
Matej Winters: A bit of a reach but I wanted to shoutout my guy Alaska. He is a great user even if he struggles to earn like the top of the class. He brings a lot to the clubhouse and is just a fun guy to be around. He can be a steal for someone I am sure.

There are a lot of quality users in this draft so you really cannot go wrong. As I said before, the Platoon really need to smash their first pick out of the park because they do not have a ton of capital this class. There are 48 users over 250 TPE as of the writing of this article. There is a discrepancy between the earning in the class, but the depth is there. Teams with a lot of picks will be able to stash a ton of talent into their farm system or even move around the board to snag some of the premier talent.

Conclusion:
This draft will be no season 55 for Baltimore but getting some more depth pieces will help in moving the rebuild along into contention. There are a few holes to fill for the future so getting these few picks right should be a priority for the front office staff.

(1057 words)

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

BRRTT BRRRT BAP

"Alexa, play Roses"

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

a simple "not good" would have sufficed

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Hey I don’t think I struggle to earn, I just recreated late! But I appreciate the shoutout ❤️

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52