Create Account

Why you should draft GoB (2x draft media)

So with a resurgance of old people coming back to the site, including my classes @Jala and myself. I figured someone who I felt very strongly about should also be drafted rather high in this draft. Cue @Gifter of Bikes or GoB for short. GoB has been around a long time and put a lot of hard work and sweat equity into this site. I want to break down why you should draft him to your team:

Personality:

Personally I have never had a problem with him. Granted I don't have a problem with most people. GoB was a GM for 16 seasons of TBB (nice new logo btw, definitely fun and flashy) back when they were the Seattle Riot for 16 seasons. He was not one of the older GM's who was removed by force or by HO decision or by going inactive. In S30 when I joined Seattle it was the end of him being GM, which for me was rather sad but somewhere where I was happy to go. (Until I got traded by the next GM but that's another story). He was someone that people wanted to go be with, where Seattle was a competitive team for a long time even when they had some interesting characters. (See the next section). He was some one that also had a really enjoyable podcast back when podcasting was getting bigger and he had a beat on what was going on on the site.

Management Experience:

Sometimes former GM's can be helpful to have around especially us old folks. We may know a player who's just coming back and what they were like their first time around. We may know why they went inactive or if they had a falling out. GoB was also great at managing personality. In S21 he drafted Michael Clardy aka Clardy Party aka Clardy aka just yuck. He was able to masterfully keep his locker room in check as well as get the most of out of Clardy (Till Clardy took over when he left and helped run Seattle into the ground). He was well respected in the league and kept Seattle a parenial contender never really having to rebuild and always seeming to have both draft picks and good players. He also put up with McZ for along time which in its own right should be a medal of honor.

His Player:

In terms of TPE he is currently sitting tied for 21st in total TPE. Always a solid earner GoB is someone you can count on to do his updates and get at least some TPE for that week. Coming from a time where the PT's stunk, the new PT heads have definitely revolutionized the PT system in terms of keeping users interested.

His build currently looks as so:

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 5
Getting Open: 5
Passing: 8
Puckhandling: 11
Shooting Accuracy: 5
Shooting Range: 5
Offensive Read: 5

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 13
Hitting: 15
Positioning: 13
Stickchecking: 12
Shot Blocking: 10
Faceoffs: 5
Defensive Read: 13

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 5
Agility: 5
Balance: 11
Speed: 8
Stamina: 11
Strength: 13
Fighting: 5

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 9
Bravery: 11

As you can see here he is incredibly defensive minded. As he updates he will be more efficient when it comes to scoring points as he earns more TPE. Has clear weaknesses in the offensive zone but being at 270+ TPE means you have definite holes in your game. I do believe that his sim league experience will definitely mean that Makela will be a good player to have especially when the update scale changes and players are able to redistribute.

In terms of accolades he has two parts of him in the hall of fame:

His first player Cristoph Klose is there having won a Jef Dar. He is also in the Hall of Fame as a GM. He is someone who brings activity to a locker room. Granted he is not the biggest fan of Discord, he has helped start up the Nevada Discussion Thread which has been a joy for us and a great way to communicate not on discord. I have rather enjoyed him being with Nevada and I hope that a team values him as highly.

Thank you and Happy Easter Smile

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Cheers Andy. This was really nice to read [aside from the bits about Seattle being run into the ground]. <3

04-02-2021, 05:36 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote: Cheers Andy. This was really nice to read [aside from the bits about Seattle being run into the ground]. <3

You weren’t the one who did it though!!

Wow it's 2016 around here

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

04-03-2021, 06:51 PMvbottas17 Wrote: Wow it's 2016 around here

Look at what the cat dragged in