Create Account

Shirakami Fubuki Retires

04-03-2021, 11:09 PMBoomcheck Wrote: I mean c'mon I doubt they DM'd every GM and telling them they don't like their branding. Every single one?

JODAN

tbh league is kinda messed up if not a single team could have taken them. Nobody has cap room either i got drafted last ssn and didn't even get a shl contract cuz no room and as on some min of a smjhl deal.  for a league that talks about being inclusive and freindly tbh looks like the systems in place has it exclusive.

fr not a single team out there could accommodate them? not even a ticket? crazy

I mean based on the most recent article Emi put out, she was only interested in going to about 7 teams. 7 out of 18 already eliminates more than half, and just because she was interested in those 7 teams doesn't mean those teams were interested in her.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

04-03-2021, 11:42 PMDuff101 Wrote:
04-03-2021, 11:09 PMBoomcheck Wrote: I mean c'mon I doubt they DM'd every GM and telling them they don't like their branding. Every single one?

JODAN

tbh league is kinda messed up if not a single team could have taken them. Nobody has cap room either i got drafted last ssn and didn't even get a shl contract cuz no room and as on some min of a smjhl deal.  for a league that talks about being inclusive and freindly tbh looks like the systems in place has it exclusive.

I mean based on the most recent article Emi put out, she was only interested in going to about 7 teams. 7 out of 18 already eliminates more than half, and just because she was interested in those 7 teams doesn't mean those teams were interested in her.

why not though? can these 7 GMs list teir full on reasoning as to why they couldn't draft them at all? tbh i think the league needs changes there seems to b a lack of space going around maybe ...

expansion solves this?

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

04-03-2021, 11:47 PMBoomcheck Wrote:
04-03-2021, 11:42 PMDuff101 Wrote: I mean based on the most recent article Emi put out, she was only interested in going to about 7 teams. 7 out of 18 already eliminates more than half, and just because she was interested in those 7 teams doesn't mean those teams were interested in her.

why not though? can these 7 GMs list teir full on reasoning as to why they couldn't draft them at all? tbh i think the league needs changes there seems to b a lack of space going around maybe ...

expansion solves this?
i mean its probably because they wanted to draft the people they drafted

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

04-03-2021, 11:47 PMBoomcheck Wrote:
04-03-2021, 11:42 PMDuff101 Wrote: I mean based on the most recent article Emi put out, she was only interested in going to about 7 teams. 7 out of 18 already eliminates more than half, and just because she was interested in those 7 teams doesn't mean those teams were interested in her.

expansion solves this?

I don't think the issue was teams not having space to draft Emi. The issue here is the teams not wanting to draft Emi

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

I will say this.

From what I have seen today they don't seem crazy and i'm uncertain as to why absolutely no team or the 7 of them would not take them. If teams can't take flyers on folks even to test them out or give them a shot then it is likely a salary issue of some form.

Also we running hockey teams or country clubs? Wheres the immersion. Going undrafted sucks though, and these guys werent clearly IA or something like that you feel

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

based on the message i received from you ahead of the draft, i don't have much to say but good luck with your other leagues and hope to see you back in the future.

04-03-2021, 11:42 PMDuff101 Wrote:

JODAN

If you actually read that article it was saying that those are the 7 that spoke to me.

The list of teams I didn't want to play for was actually closer to 5. I had 5 I'd play for regardless too and then 8 I asked to speak to me and I even contacted them trying to start a conversation but none of it got back.

I don't see why having a preference is bad but apparently it is. I don't mind and it's whatever.

04-04-2021, 01:05 AMBoomcheck Wrote: I will say this.

From what I have seen today they don't seem crazy and i'm uncertain as to why absolutely no team or the 7 of them would not take them. If teams can't take flyers on folks even to test them out or give them a shot then it is likely a salary issue of some form.

Also we running hockey teams or country clubs? Wheres the immersion. Going undrafted sucks though, and these guys werent clearly IA or something like that you feel

Done ever task that possible could. Been doing media, graphics and podcasts. As the draft was on we Actually recorded a podcast so we wasn't at all inactive and had around $19,500,000 in the bank each.

If people don't wanna draft me that's fine. Just wish I'd gotten more we're not interested stuff as then I'd have not stayed awake till 3am nearly for no reason.

I haven't a horse in this race. I do feel for people not being drafted. I understand both sides of this situation. As a former GM, it's always hard to have a player tell you that they don't like your branding, your team, and don't want to be there. But I don't think it's wrong to be upfront about what you want as a player. Despite saying that, you have to be prepared when you make a statement like that to not be taken. I hate seeing people left out and I believe that inclusivity should be a big thing we push in this league (and I think the league does do it well in most cases). But I can say that seeing people who actively want to be involved in the league shunned or left out, it's definitely something that sucks.

Wish you and Valour the best. You can always unretire and re-enter next draft. There have been others that have overcome much more. Prove to be the change you want to see. Though I can also understand if you don't want to put in effort where you don't know there will be a payoff.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

04-04-2021, 04:28 AMDELIRIVM Wrote: I haven't a horse in this race. I do feel for people not being drafted. I understand both sides of this situation. As a former GM, it's always hard to have a player tell you that they don't like your branding, your team, and don't want to be there. But I don't think it's wrong to be upfront about what you want as a player. Despite saying that, you have to be prepared when you make a statement like that to not be taken. I hate seeing people left out and I believe that inclusivity should be a big thing we push in this league (and I think the league does do it well in most cases). But I can say that seeing people who actively want to be involved in the league shunned or left out, it's definitely something that sucks.

Wish you and Valour the best. You can always unretire and re-enter next draft. There have been others that have overcome much more. Prove to be the change you want to see. Though I can also understand if you don't want to put in effort where you don't know there will be a payoff.

The last bit about not knowing if there's a payoff is why I decided to retire. It's not going to change anything going another season or anything like that. It will just have me wasting more time and effort for a same result potentially. That's why I don't see a reason to come back right now. I don't think I'd be as annoyed if I wasn't up till 3am nearly watching something that was pointless.

If anything this has taught me people don't actually read media's as if they did then they'd realise I said that I just wanted to open a dialogue with the teams and not many contacted me. I can't help having preferences so it's whatever that's a job of a GM to try and sell the team to you.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 04:46 AM by DELIRIVM.)

04-04-2021, 04:35 AMEmiko Wrote:
04-04-2021, 04:28 AMDELIRIVM Wrote: I haven't a horse in this race. I do feel for people not being drafted. I understand both sides of this situation. As a former GM, it's always hard to have a player tell you that they don't like your branding, your team, and don't want to be there. But I don't think it's wrong to be upfront about what you want as a player. Despite saying that, you have to be prepared when you make a statement like that to not be taken. I hate seeing people left out and I believe that inclusivity should be a big thing we push in this league (and I think the league does do it well in most cases). But I can say that seeing people who actively want to be involved in the league shunned or left out, it's definitely something that sucks.

The last bit about not knowing if there's a payoff is why I decided to retire. It's not going to change anything going another season or anything like that. It will just have me wasting more time and effort for a same result potentially. That's why I don't see a reason to come back right now. I don't think I'd be as annoyed if I wasn't up till 3am nearly watching something that was pointless.

If anything this has taught me people don't actually read media's as if they did then they'd realise I said that I just wanted to open a dialogue with the teams and not many contacted me. I can't help having preferences so it's whatever that's a job of a GM to try and sell the team to you.

As a media grader, I can tell you very few people read any media unless it specifically talks about their player. As a previous GM, I will say that most of us scan media looking for our team name. But as the draft nears there is a lot to manage. Trade talks, scouting tons of people, and evaluating assets. And I was only an SMJHL GM. SHL GMs have to manage long term assets and it can get really busy. The best way to make sure GMs understand what you want is to reach out personally and tell them your intentions.

"I want to be a max earner and would love to do it with your team."

"I would be very excited to be part of your team."

"Take a chance on me and you won't regret it."

These are all great things to say to a GM. And I believe miscommunication was the big problem for this draft. I also know that reputations, tying oneself to another, and all that can really affect a teams decision. I, personally, have never interacted with you or Valour before talking to you about unfilled Pressers. But I know that, mostly Valour, had a reputation. I heard about it, and while I prefer to make my decisions on people without influence of others, I can see why people might want to avoid you two just because of reputation (honestly sucks tbh, because reputations are often over-exaggerations). 

Either way, I wish you both the best of luck. Hope you both don't give up. Fight for a spot and prove yourselves. Reinventing people's views of you takes work but it's worthwhile.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

04-04-2021, 04:45 AMDELIRIVM Wrote:
04-04-2021, 04:35 AMEmiko Wrote: The last bit about not knowing if there's a payoff is why I decided to retire. It's not going to change anything going another season or anything like that. It will just have me wasting more time and effort for a same result potentially. That's why I don't see a reason to come back right now. I don't think I'd be as annoyed if I wasn't up till 3am nearly watching something that was pointless.

As a media grader, I can tell you very few people read any media unless it specifically talks about their player. As a previous GM, I will say that most of us scan media looking for our team name. But as the draft nears there is a lot to manage. Trade talks, scouting tons of people, and evaluating assets. And I was only an SMJHL GM. SHL GMs have to manage long term assets and it can get really busy. The best way to make sure GMs understand what you want is to reach out personally and tell them your intentions.

"I want to be a max earner and would love to do it with your team."

"I would be very excited to be part of your team."

"Take a chance on me and you won't regret it."

These are all great things to say to a GM. And I believe miscommunication was the big problem for this draft. I also know that reputations, tying oneself to another, and all that can really affect a teams decision. I, personally, have never interacted with you or Valour before talking to you about unfilled Pressers. But I know that, mostly Valour, had a reputation. I heard about it, and while I prefer to make my decisions on people without influence of others, I can see why people might want to avoid you two just because of reputation (honestly sucks tbh, because reputations are often over-exaggerations). 

Either way, I wish you both the best of luck. Hope you both don't give up. Fight for a spot and prove yourselves. Reinventing people's views of you takes work but it's worthwhile.

I think Valor is staying but I'm sure I'm done.

The things said in this thread and other clearly haven't been represented properly and if a team can't be bothered to read a DM I sent explaining why I felt like I did and that my mind can be changed by talking to them then what can I do in the grand scale of things literally nothing.

I just don't see a point to going back into a draft and putting in the effort when I know that I'll be passed over again and waste more time doing tasks again. It's been a fun time on Anaheim and I enjoyed playing there but if there's no clear progression it's basically pointless for me.

04-03-2021, 09:40 PMboom Wrote: I want to feel bad, but given that you and Valor had a very specific list of conditions and you DMed GMs saying you'd never play for them and hated their branding, I can understand why GMs couldn't or wouldn't meet those conditions. Best of luck in future.

If there was an option to step into free agency if you would not have enjoyed your time with the team that bothered to draft you

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

04-04-2021, 04:54 AMretuperkele Wrote:
04-03-2021, 09:40 PMboom Wrote: I want to feel bad, but given that you and Valor had a very specific list of conditions and you DMed GMs saying you'd never play for them and hated their branding, I can understand why GMs couldn't or wouldn't meet those conditions. Best of luck in future.

If there was an option to step into free agency if you would not have enjoyed your time with the team that bothered to draft you

Going to free agency is something that usually takes a bit for someone to go too. So my entire thing was if I'm not in a situation I enjoy then maybe I'd go IA before even getting to FA.

Emi, you generally seem like a nice person, but I really think you should work on the way you behave in sim leagues. Take a break, wipe the slate clean, and we'll be happy to have you.

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]