Create Account

Shirakami Fubuki Retires

04-04-2021, 05:27 AMBloomeyGB Wrote: Emi, you generally seem like a nice person, but I really think you should work on the way you behave in sim leagues. Take a break, wipe the slate clean, and we'll be happy to have you.

I'm gone from this league. If asking for a dialogue and being honest is classed as not behaving I don't care honestly.

I didn't think I'd actually come back after Emiko and it seems like I was sorta right.

People out here really getting butthurt that a player had preferences. The excuses here are so lame, Saying that between the teams they said no to and the teams they wanted to go to saying no that a max earner gets undrafted is so fucking lame. This kind of thing would not fly in any other sim league and I really question a GM that can't be bothered to take a flyer on a player, especially a good earning player even if it's at the end of the draft.

[Image: kD6k7a5.png]
[Image: CjCi3BJ.png]

04-04-2021, 06:02 AMDieselJ Wrote: People out here really getting butthurt that a player had preferences. The excuses here are so lame, Saying that between the teams they said no to and the teams they wanted to go to saying no that a max earner gets undrafted is so fucking lame. This kind of thing would not fly in any other sim league and I really question a GM that can't be bothered to take a flyer on a player, especially a good earning player even if it's at the end of the draft.
I tend to agree. Most of us have preferences and teams we'd not like to be on.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

04-04-2021, 06:02 AMDieselJ Wrote: People out here really getting butthurt that a player had preferences. The excuses here are so lame, Saying that between the teams they said no to and the teams they wanted to go to saying no that a max earner gets undrafted is so fucking lame. This kind of thing would not fly in any other sim league and I really question a GM that can't be bothered to take a flyer on a player, especially a good earning player even if it's at the end of the draft.

I don't think it was so much that she had a preference, but the way she went about it. I know I asked a few teams that scouted me about certain players being drafted there, and they all said that she was unlikely to be drafted to those teams. Almost every team had someone in rookie discord at the end of the playoffs to see about activity in there, which means that almost every team was able to see her saying things like (and I'm paraphrasing here,) "it'd be a mistake for a team to draft me without talking to me and it wouldn't end well," "they're not drafting me, they're drafting my player," "no one has reached out to scout me" constantly.

A lot of teams don't care about the character, they want good lr people. Yes, this is a Sim sports league, but the social aspect of it is far more important. I also feel like people are forgetting that as Sim leagues grow and grow, the amount of exposure people have to each other from other leagues is absolutely going to play a part on where people get drafted.

I can say fully that based off of just what I experienced in rookie discord, and the messaging of teams that she didn't want to play there, and really not surprised no one took a chance on her. It sucks to see someome who loves these leagues not get drafted and then retire, but I don't put the blame on the league or gm's here.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

04-04-2021, 06:34 AMwumaduce Wrote:

I don't think it was so much that she had a preference, but the way she went about it. I know I asked a few teams that scouted me about certain players being drafted there, and they all said that she was unlikely to be drafted to those teams. Almost every team had someone in rookie discord at the end of the playoffs to see about activity in there, which means that almost every team was able to see her saying things like (and I'm paraphrasing here,) "it'd be a mistake for a team to draft me without talking to me and it wouldn't end well," "they're not drafting me, they're drafting my player," "no one has reached out to scout me" constantly.

A lot of teams don't care about the character, they want good lr people. Yes, this is a Sim sports league, but the social aspect of it is far more important. I also feel like people are forgetting that as Sim leagues grow and grow, the amount of exposure people have to each other from other leagues is absolutely going to play a part on where people get drafted.

I can say fully that based off of just what I experienced in rookie discord, and the messaging of teams that she didn't want to play there, and really not surprised no one took a chance on her. It sucks to see someome who loves these leagues not get drafted and then retire, but I don't put the blame on the league or gm's here.

How is asking to be spoken too a bad thing though. I had not been reached out too by a majority of clubs. I was stating what is true. Drafting me without speaking to me could have gone badly a quick "Hey, how are you" or something like that would have worked.

You've mentioned that is a social thing yet no one wanted to actually do the social talking side which is asked for.

Blame goes both ways.

This is my last message here as I can't be bothered as clearly something is going wrong with communications.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 06:51 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

*sad fox noises*

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 07:29 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

I don't really have a strong opinion here since I never interacted with Emiko but I've also heard about some of the negative factors that seem to have led to teams not being willing to draft her. But doesn't the very fact that this thread exists, that a perceived slight led to an instant retirement, ultimately prove that the GMs who didn't want to draft you were right in avoiding such a potential headache?

On the other hand though, it's never a good thing if an active user goes undrafted and if it starts to happen to people on a regular basis, we as a league should start to take notice. If it happens to complete assholes and guys who are only here to troll then that's fine, but despite all her potential flaws I don't get that impression from Emiko. A somewhat controversial max-earner dropping a few rounds in the Draft is fine but going completely undrafted? That seems quite excessive.

If it is a salary cap issue as I've heard from a couple of teams then we might want to look into that. We've made the Cap tighter in recent years to improve parity which I was a big proponent of, but if those cap-changes lead to prospects being squeezed out instead of having an effect on the top-TPE players as it was intended then we might want to revisit that and evaluate whether further changes are necessary or if the cap even is the instrument we should be using to promote parity.

Drafting and developing top-prospects who already have high earning rates and are universally liked is easy, every GM can do that. But where we as a league draw a lot of our value from and where good GMs, both in the J and in the SHL, can really shine is helping people develop and become good members of this community who don't have all that just yet. People who are struggling with the site structure or the TPE-system, people who are not sure yet whether they can or want to invest the time necessary, people who are very young or immature, people with abrasive personalities - you know, they kind of people who you take a flyer on in the later rounds and hope that it works out for you, giving your team a steal and the league another productive member. If that isn't feasible anymore for whatever reason, be it cap or roster-size related or just because GMs don't want to do it anymore because they don't feel like it's worth it, then I think that's a problem we might have to look into.

Hey Emi, hope you are doing alright rn. My condolences on not getting drafted, that is a feeling that shouldn't come to an active player.

I hear about your wishes and the controversy that came with it. I think some of the issues would have come with smoother communication. Part of what could have cause this could be just applying a harder tone than you intended. Of course, I'm talking blind since I'm mainly unaware of the key details, but for future, its alright to apply a bit of give. We won't always get our desired choice, but we could still find joy in where we land if we keep our options open. Its a life lesson we could all take.

For now though, I wish you the best Emi. You're a great person and a definite LR contributer. Take the lessons of keeping good relations and, if we don't end up meeting in SHL, I hope we get to chill with each other in other sim leagues.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

rip shl

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

idk what to tell ya.

If you tell teams not to draft you, they won't

If you demand to be a package deal with another player and insist you have to play on the same line as them, that ties GMs hands for a VERY long time. Few are gonna take the chance

If you go IA as a human and stop talking to former teammates who cared about you in a LR, and reappear just long enough to throw a fit about them rebranding without consulting you when you weren't around and they did extensive public advertising about it, it's gonna put a bad taste in even your biggest supporters' mouths.

In short, have a great life. I liked you and had your back for a long time here, but the shit from this last season has me complete over it.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

One thing I recognize is that multiple GMs asked me who I would and wouldn’t like to play with from my class during this scouting process. As someone with ISFL GM experience, if you ask this question and see the same name(s) pop up over and over, those names go on your “Do Not Draft” list. I know at least one player who went undrafted that SHL GMs had suggested this was the case with.

Sure, the SHL also appears to have almost no system in place to help players that go undrafted actually find a team. The issue is, you don’t just have to get GMs to take a chance on you, but you can’t alienate the people you could end up sharing a locker room with pre-draft and expect GMs to be eager to invite that energy into their locker room.

[Image: gucci57541.gif]

What's all this max earner talk you're like 50 tpe behind

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

04-04-2021, 01:11 PMgucci Wrote: One thing I recognize is that multiple GMs asked me who I would and wouldn’t like to play with from my class during this scouting process. As someone with ISFL GM experience, if you ask this question and see the same name(s) pop up over and over, those names go on your “Do Not Draft” list. I know at least one player who went undrafted that SHL GMs had suggested this was the case with.

Sure, the SHL also appears to have almost no system in place to help players that go undrafted actually find a team. The issue is, you don’t just have to get GMs to take a chance on you, but you can’t alienate the people you could end up sharing a locker room with pre-draft and expect GMs to be eager to invite that energy into their locker room.

We've seen people retire for less, tbh. Sometimes activity hangs by a thread, best not to test it.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

04-04-2021, 01:18 PMSlashACM Wrote: What's all this max earner talk you're like 50 tpe behind

In goaltending it really don’t matter too much lmfao

04-04-2021, 03:40 PMdamienj10 Wrote:
04-04-2021, 01:18 PMSlashACM Wrote: What's all this max earner talk you're like 50 tpe behind

In goaltending it really don’t matter too much lmfao

They're a winger tho

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]