Noah Tedla
S59: $3,500,000

Perry Morgan
S59: $4,000,000

but do they

Jmac Ncheese - 849 TPE, can play in the SHL as 3rd line wing

Separra Borro - 436 TPE, decent backup goalie

Noah Tedla - 886 TPE D, can play in the SHL as decent 3rd pair D

Perry Morgan - 1099 TPE D, good 2nd pair D.

Whereas these rookies are going to need 2-3 more seasons of development before they can play in the SHL. This isn't STHS any more, where you can have a 400 TPE guy on a line that barely plays.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

are you going to retire too?

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

04-04-2021, 12:18 AMroastpuff Wrote:
04-03-2021, 11:48 PMBoomcheck Wrote: IFA Signings for next season

JMac NCheese

Separa Borro
S59: $2,500,000

Noah Tedla

Perry Morgan

but do they

Jmac Ncheese - 849 TPE, can play in the SHL as 3rd line wing

Whereas these rookies are going to need 2-3 more seasons of development before they can play in the SHL. This isn't STHS any more, where you can have a 400 TPE guy on a line that barely plays.

where did it get them?

those guys getting any better? isn't one just a regressing asset that won't get any better? Maybe one of them work out or something like that but overall, these guys wont likely be assisting a team's title window. This isn't just a FHM issue it's been going on for years but teams also have far too much fear of what could happen rather than sticking to their status quo.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

04-04-2021, 01:06 AMBoomcheck Wrote:
04-04-2021, 12:18 AMroastpuff Wrote: Jmac Ncheese - 849 TPE, can play in the SHL as 3rd line wing

where did it get them?

those guys getting any better? isn't one just a regressing asset that won't get any better? Maybe one of them work out or something like that but overall, these guys wont likely be assisting a team's title window. This isn't just a FHM issue it's been going on for years but teams also have far too much fear of what could happen rather than sticking to their status quo.
Hey GM who signed those IFA's here. I drafted replacements for 3/4 of those players in this draft and one already has a replacement in my pipeline. That being said, I still need to ice a team this season. My team had a playoff spot up until the last game of the season as the NW was decided in the last games. 

Will these  IFA's win me a championship? No but they will make the team better while I wait for my prospects to gain TPE and replace them. I don't think my current players would like if we went from possibly making the playoffs to back to the bottom of the standings that we were at only a few seasons ago just because I have to pay some IFA's now to not attempt a 0-50 season. My team hasn't made the playoffs since S46, the season I was drafted. We have been slowly growing and adding more actives but sadly sometimes life happens and people dip from the league. Maybe some might come back, most likely not, but until the new prospects are ready to take over I need bodies on the ice and preferably not ones that will be an active detriment. I also can't magic a title window into existence by not signing IFA's either.

All of this aside, the reason we didn't draft certain players was not cap space. We are one of the few teams that doesn't have as big of an issue in that department. But as a team gets more competitive it's a lot tighter of a squeeze on their cap.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

04-04-2021, 01:21 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
04-04-2021, 01:06 AMBoomcheck Wrote: where did it get them?

Hey GM who signed those IFA's here. I drafted replacements for 3/4 of those players in this draft and one already has a replacement in my pipeline. That being said, I still need to ice a team this season. My team had a playoff spot up until the last game of the season as the NW was decided in the last games. 

Will these  IFA's win me a championship? No but they will make the team better while I wait for my prospects to gain TPE and replace them. I don't think my current players would like if we went from possibly making the playoffs to back to the bottom of the standings that we were at only a few seasons ago just because I have to pay some IFA's now to not attempt a 0-50 season. My team hasn't made the playoffs since S46, the season I was drafted. We have been slowly growing and adding more actives but sadly sometimes life happens and people dip from the league. Maybe some might come back, most likely not, but until the new prospects are ready to take over I need bodies on the ice and preferably not ones that will be an active detriment. I also can't magic a title window into existence by not signing IFA's either.

All of this aside, the reason we didn't draft certain players was not cap space. We are one of the few teams that doesn't have as big of an issue in that department. But as a team gets more competitive it's a lot tighter of a squeeze on their cap.

Sometimes you have to jump to fly.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

04-04-2021, 01:47 AMBoomcheck Wrote:
04-04-2021, 01:21 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Hey GM who signed those IFA's here. I drafted replacements for 3/4 of those players in this draft and one already has a replacement in my pipeline. That being said, I still need to ice a team this season. My team had a playoff spot up until the last game of the season as the NW was decided in the last games. 

Sometimes you have to jump to fly.
Yes but jumping without any wings seems like a bad way to fly.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

04-04-2021, 12:02 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
04-03-2021, 11:48 PMBoomcheck Wrote: IFA Signings for next season

JMac NCheese

Separa Borro
S59: $2,500,000

Noah Tedla

Perry Morgan

but do they
not always, but we certainly have. and no one wants to spend cap space on unwanted users. Every single person i talked to did not want to play with jiggly and many of them also did not want to play with valor or emiko. I dont know what kind of reputation you have to give yourself to go undrafted, but they did it. No GM is going to taint their LR or their cap space with undesirables.

But you're right, its not always about cap space. A lot of the time its about flexibility. A lot of the time people just have a bad rep. I wouldn't sign anyone with negative value

+1, IDK who Valor is because i'm barely on the site anymore, but there are definitely people that i wouldn't want on my team and i wouldn't hold it against anyone not wanting me on their team either, lmao. Having multiple people on the team blocked and muted sucks too, i would know lmao.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

jeez, i haven't been around this league for a while but what kinda sim league doesn't draft every player, what kind bullshit is that? Are people really coming with the excuse that competing is more important then having active players? This isn't the damn NHL but apparently that's how people are acting.

[Image: kD6k7a5.png]
[Image: CjCi3BJ.png]

04-04-2021, 05:55 AMDieselJ Wrote: jeez, i haven't been around this league for a while but what kinda sim league doesn't draft every player, what kind bullshit is that? Are people really coming with the excuse that competing is more important then having active players? This isn't the damn NHL but apparently that's how people are acting.

You didn't bother reading the thread at all huh?

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

As someone who has drafted Valor in the ISFL I can 100% say that all the SHL GMs are stupid not to take chance on him. He is a passionate, max earning user. While in the past he has had the occasional outburst he is a very young guy who is still learning and growing, what is more he always working on improving himself. I for one hope he sticks around and gets picked up next season to make every other team look dumb this season.

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

04-04-2021, 06:26 AMAcsolap Wrote:
04-04-2021, 05:55 AMDieselJ Wrote: jeez, i haven't been around this league for a while but what kinda sim league doesn't draft every player, what kind bullshit is that? Are people really coming with the excuse that competing is more important then having active players? This isn't the damn NHL but apparently that's how people are acting.

You didn't bother reading the thread at all huh?
Give me the TLDR i cant read

This is so off-base that you almost came back around with reminding people that his wasn’t the National Hockey League. Fucking incredible.

04-04-2021, 05:34 AMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
04-04-2021, 12:02 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: not always, but we certainly have. and no one wants to spend cap space on unwanted users. Every single person i talked to did not want to play with jiggly and many of them also did not want to play with valor or emiko. I dont know what kind of reputation you have to give yourself to go undrafted, but they did it. No GM is going to taint their LR or their cap space with undesirables.

But you're right, its not always about cap space. A lot of the time its about flexibility. A lot of the time people just have a bad rep. I wouldn't sign anyone with negative value

+1, IDK who Valor is because i'm barely on the site anymore, but there are definitely people that i wouldn't want on my team and i wouldn't hold it against anyone not wanting me on their team either, lmao. Having multiple people on the team blocked and muted sucks too, i would know lmao.

Tell us how you really feel

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

04-04-2021, 09:05 AMBuster Wrote:
04-04-2021, 05:34 AMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: +1, IDK who Valor is because i'm barely on the site anymore, but there are definitely people that i wouldn't want on my team and i wouldn't hold it against anyone not wanting me on their team either, lmao. Having multiple people on the team blocked and muted sucks too, i would know lmao.

Tell us how you really feel

i just did IDIOT

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

damn still no thread team.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]