Create Account

#JusticeForValor

Let me tell you a story of drafting people just because you feel bad for them being active and not getting drafted. I am stuck with an inactive contract on a player I took a chance on 2 drafts ago. They were active during the season but were low-earning, so they were getting overlooked. I spent a 4th rd pick to draft them and sign them to a 3 season ELC with a little extra money attached to it so they'd be able to make up some ground, because they promise they intend to stay active and they love the league etc etc.

Lo and behold they go inactive about a day later. Now I'm stuck holding this contract. Because of silly send-down cap and salary rules, it costs me more to release them than to just eat the contract and send them down ... to a team that doesn't even want them and cuts them loose. But now I am forced to limit the number of picks I can make, have to ask them to all take minimum, because I took a chance on a low-earning player because I didn't want them to go undrafted.

So now I will never do that again. Sorry, I have finite cap, and I am not going to spend it on a player who will never even play in the SHL. And I won't ever offer a 3 season contract to someone if I have any doubts about them making the SHL. Sure we're all here to have fun but the SHL is competitive, too, and we have to use our cap wisely.

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

04-06-2021, 05:55 PMtMuse Wrote: As a new guy coming from the ISFL what i've noticed is that regression hits not as hard as it should here. It's too late and too little imo. Increasing regression would force people to retire earlier (I've seen there is a S37 player with 600+ TPE around) which would leave more space for newer players and cycle the players a bit more

no

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

04-06-2021, 05:55 PMtMuse Wrote: As a new guy coming from the ISFL what i've noticed is that regression hits not as hard as it should here. It's too late and too little imo. Increasing regression would force people to retire earlier (I've seen there is a S37 player with 600+ TPE around) which would leave more space for newer players and cycle the players a bit more

For sure. It used to be even worse, its been made much steeper just a few season ago. Although I dont think making it even worse is necessarily is the answer. Longevity is a big thing in hockey, and it has been for a long time and its something that is a very celebrated part of the sports culture and its definitely something that I would like to see reflected in the sim. I think when we start seeing these younger guys (S53 and onward) get up into the 15+ season regression range in the future you will see people pull the trigger and retire a lot earlier than they used to. Additionally, I think we are going to see younger guys get their chance a little earlier when the new TPE update scale gets implemented and that may force older guys to consider retiring 1-3 seasons earlier than they predicted.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]