Create Account

Draft Review only kinda late- Double Draft Media

The draft is almost upon us and I think this is the perfect time to give draft advices to established teams. After all I have half a season of play under my belt. Who is going to be snatched up quick and who is going to have a hard time being picked up. The average TPE of the draftees is 258. There are 41 players above this level. I am going to look at the top 20 as upper tier TPE (there is a 34 TPE difference between first and 20th) players. After these top 20 I will spot check a few notable mentions and finish out with a few players that might not find a home in this draft. First lets look at some of the top tier pickups in the draft

Ryuuji Kawashima- Kawashima is a Center that played for the Anaheim Outlaws last season. Kawashima should have no trouble finding a home early in the draft. He has an impressive TPE of 327 and a healthy cash bank of 48 million. He is a recreate so its likely this player knows what he is doing and should have no problem continuing to grow. I expect Kawashima to go first round.

Jay Sink- Sink is a right defenseman that played for the Anchorage Armada last season. Sink sits at the top of the TPE table with 327 and has a respectable 12 million in the bank. Sink’s cash flow could be a concern in the future but as long as he has a plan to keep the money coming in he should be an easy pickup. Being a fresh character with respectable money and top TPE there is no reason why Sink doesn’t go first round.

Dane Von Gucci- Gucci played right defense for the St. Louis Scarecrows last season. Gucci is in the upper TPE range with 324. Gucci has a respectable 15 million in the bank, which should carry him through his next season. Gucci should have no trouble establishing cash flow, as a recreate he should be familiar with the expenses of playing. Gucci is clearly first round material.

Alexis Saint-Michel- ASM played as a left wing for the Vancouver Whalers last season. ASM sits at the upper end of the table with 323 TPE. ASM also has a healthy 48 million in the bank. ASM is a recreate and with a high TPE and healthy bank I cannot see him being around long in the draft. I imagine the first team looking for a wing is going to take him.

Daud Ramza- Ramza played Center for the Caroline Krakens last season. Still toward the upper end Ramza has 321 TPE. Ramza has 16 million in the bank and for a first timer he looks pretty good. First time characters always run the risk of being duds but with high TPE and a good starting bank Ramaz seems like a pretty safe choice.

Sekai Wolker- Wolker played left defense for the Anaheim Outlaws last season. Wolker has 317 TPE which still sits pretty high on the list. Wolker has 29 million in the bank. As a recreate Wolker knows what to expect in the SHL and judging by his bank he knows how to make money. Seems like a quick pickup for later in the first round.

Aleksandrs Balcers- Balcers played left defense for the Newfoundland Berserkers lasts season. Balcers has 315 TPE. Balcers has 18 million in the bank. Blacers is a recreate and with that comes the experience to do well in the SHL. Balcers is going in the first round.

Shane Duffy Jr.- Duffy Jr was a center for the Quebec City Citadelles last season. Duffy Jr has 312 TPE. Duffy Jr has 12 million in his bank. These are pretty decent stats for a first gen player. I have no doubt Duffy Jr will find a good home.

Robert E. O. Speedwagon- Speedwagon played left wing for Newfoundland Berserkers last season. Speedwagon has 307 TPE which is still well above the average for the draftees. Speedwagon only has 7 million in the bank and that is a concern. Speedwagon does not have enough cash to buy the trainings he needs for next season. He is a recreate and should know how to make money, but this should be a concern for teams looking at him. Unless a team is extremely confident in his earning power I expect Speedwagon to fall to 2nd or 3rd round. Even with the creative name that should earn him some cool points.

Miguel Hefeweizen- Hefeweizen played center for Maine Timber last season. He is still in the upper tier of TPE in the draft with 301. He has a healthy bank of 18 million so has the resources to grow over the next couple season. Being a first gen character, he figured things out pretty quick and will likely be a strong pickup in the draft.

Cormac Ponaire- Ponaire played center for the Carolina Krakens last season. Ponaire has 300 Tpe and a healthy 14 million in the bank. As with most recreates Ponaire should be set to go early in this draft.

Marco Barengrub- Barengrub played center for the Detroit Falcons last season. Barengrub has 299 TPE which is just under the halfway mark for the upper tier. Barengurb has 104 million in the bank so cash is not a concern for this player. Being a recreate with a large bank picking up Barengrub is a no brainer in this draft.

Angus McFife XVIII- McFife played as a right defense for the Colorado Raptors last season. McFife has 298 TPE. TPE is close in the high 290s. McFife has 47 million in the bank and should be set for a few seasons. McFife is a recreate so he should not have any trouble settling into a team once drafted.

Sven Svechnikov- Svechnikov played right defense for the Vancouver Whalers last season. Svechnikov has 297 TPE. Svechnikov has 26 million in the bank and has the highest bank of any first gen player in this draft. Svechnikov seems to have no trouble earning money and I hear he is starting a podcast with a funny and charismatic co-host. That was indeed a shameless self-plug. Svechnikov should go quickly in this draft. An active player is worth so much more than his TPE total.

Kappa Kappa- Kappa played left defense for the Quebec City Citadelles. Kappa has 297 TPE. Kappa has 7 million in the bank which is a concern as that is not enough to afford his training next season. Kappa is a first gen player and needs to show that he can earn money in order to secure his place on a team. I think Kappa will fall to second round based on his income.

Pasta the Turtle- Turtle played right defense for the Newfoundland Berserkers last season. Turtle has 296 TPE and is approaching the lower end of the top tier TPE. Turtle has 15 million in the bank and should be comfortable for his first season in the SHL. A First gen player Turtle has shown he can earn money and be active, so I expect him to be a first-round pick for sure.

Ethan Bouchard- Bouchard played left defense for the St. Louis Scarecrows last season. Bouchard has 295 TPE and is just above the bottom of the top tier TPE. Bouchard has 45 million in the bank so no worries about earning power here. Boucharde should get picked up first or second round. While he is a solid recreate there are a lot of higher defense players in the draft so he could slip to second round.

Jack Micro- Micro played center for the Anaheim Outlaws last season. Micro has 294 TPE. Micro has 13 million in the bank so next season is not a worry, but he will need to keep up on earning. Micro is a recreate so I am sure he knows how to make money. Being on the lower end of the top tier I expect Micro to fall to second round.

Evgeni Petrov- Petrov played Goalie for the Newfoundland Berserkers last season. Petrov is the first Goalie in the draft. Petrov is the highest TPE goalie with 294. Petrov has 7 million in the bank and will need to earn to keep up with the SHL. Goalies do not feel like a priority in the draft with only 6 total goalies. I do not know what round Petrov will go but I am sure they will be the first goalie drafted.

Bob Duncan- Duncan played right wing for the Anaheim Outlaws last season. Duncan is the last player of the top tier TPE with 293 TPE. Duncan has 10 million in the bank and will need a little more to keep himself relevant in the SHL. I think Duncan will go mid second round just based on his income and TPE.

Now that I have addressed the top TPE players I am going to spot check a few other notable mentions that might sneak into the higher tiers of the draft. Some of these players have huge bank accounts or maybe they just have a great name that I cannot pass up. They could also be a Whaler and I will shamelessly plug myself and fellow teammates any chance I can.

Salzberger Lillehammersson- Lillehammersson played left wing for the Detroit Falcons last season. He has a pretty good TPE of 291. His bank sits at 81 million. Lillehammersson is a recreate and should easily go second round with a high TPE and a large bank.

KEKW Kekkonen- Kekkonen played left wing for the Colorado Raptors last season. Kekkonen has 289 TPE. Kekkonen is the richest player in the draft with 123 million in his bank. Another recreate with some serious cash in the bank. I would not be surprised if he snipes a spot in the first round based off his bank alone.

Ville Kurri- Kurri played center for the Anchorage Armada last season. Kurri has 291 TPE. Kurri has 30 million in the bank for his next couple season. Kurri is a recreate and with good TPE and a decent bank he should have no trouble finding a second-round pick.

Robot Sunfish- Sunfish played right wing for the Vancouver Whalers last season. Sunfish has 285 TPE. Sunfish has 10 million in the bank. Sunfish will need to earn some more cash to keep up in the season but for a first gen player he looks like a good pickup. Im sure he will find a second-round home.

Julian Kazarine- Kazarine played left wing for Maine Timber last season. Kazarine has 270 TPE. Kazarine has negative 1 million in the bank. I did not know you could go negative but that’s a concerning stat. Kazarine is a first gen player but really needs to show some earning potential if he wants to be drafted. This player will likely fall to the end of the draft if picked up at all. That bank is just such a big concern. If he is about to come into a lot of cash from media or articles will be up to the scouts to determine.

Scooby Doo- Doo played center for the St. Louis Scarecrows last season. Doo has 264 TPE and 4 million in the bank. Doo will need to earn some more to keep up with his first SHL season but also his name is Scooby Doo, the media articles practically write themselves. I feel pretty confident Doo will go in round 2 or round 3. Doo is a first gen player with potential.

Janne Virtanen- Virtanen played right defense for Maine Timber last season. Virtanen has 262 TPE and 20 million in the bank. Virtanen is a recreate with a healthy bank. A little low on the TPE side but I think this player has late second round early third round pick potential.

Makrus “The Tater” Jager- Jager played center for the Vancouver Whalers last season. Jager has 250 TPE and 12 million in the bank. Jager is a first gen player that started late in the season, so he is behind on TPE. Jager has shown decent earning potential and is rumored to be starting a podcast for next season. Jager will likely go second or third round.

Sanzhar Molochtovoi- Molochtovoi played left wing for the Detroit Falcons last season. Molochtovoi has 249 TPE and 55 million in the bank. Another recreate with a healthy bank account. When you have a big bank your TPE value doesn’t seem as important because you are setup to grow. Molochtovoi should be a pickup probably in round two.

Dara McQuick- McQuick played right defense for the Vancouver Whalers last season. McQuick has 246 TPE and 8 million in the bank. McQuick is a bit short on cash but has a decent amount of TPE. McQuick is a first gen player and could be that new blood teams are looking for. I think McQuick could be a solid third round pick.

Matej Winters- Winters played right defense for the Anaheim Outlaws last season. Winters has 244 TPE and 38 million in the bank. Once again, a recreate with a healthy bank to make them more appealing even with low TPE. Winters is 54th overall in TPE but will probably go second round. Cash is king.

Bloody Oath- Oath played Goalie for Maine Timber last season. Oath has 238 TPE and 21 million in the bank. Oath is the 4th goalie by TPE in the draft but 1st in cash on hand. I think Oath has a good chance of being the second goalie picked. He is a first gen player and knows how to earn cash based on his bank total.

Maxime Allard- Allard played center for Maine Timber last season. Allard has 231 TPE and 46 million in the bank. I think Allard is at the bottom end of large bank making up for TPE gap. Allard is a recreate but could still have trouble finding a team before the 4th round. I think it will be hard for teams to pass up a player that has so much available cash.

Top Cheddar- Cheddar played right wing for the Anaheim Outlaws last season. Cheddar has 218 TPE and 60 million in the bank. As much as I like that big bank I can easily see Cheddar not being drafted despite his name being Top Cheddar. As a recreate I am surprised Cheddar has such low TPE.

None of this takes into account the player themselves. A good player that is fun to play with is worth more than TPE or cash. The opposite is true as well. If a player is no fun to play with then even if they have lots of TPE and cash no one wants them. If the draft was as simple as who has the best stats than there wouldn’t really be a reason to have a draft. The fun part about drafting is the possibilities.

2502 words

[Image: qm0v49d.png]