Create Account

S59 SHL Entry Draft Top 10 Picks Review (2x Draft Media)

S59 SHL Entry Draft Top 10 Picks Review (2x Draft Media)

Hey guys, I am Zeagle1 and I am in desperate need of funds. I will be discussing and rating the first 10 picks of the S59 SHL entry draft. These ratings will probably be heavily biased, and the discussion will probably be completely terrible!

With the first overall pick, the Toronto North Stars select Jay Sink, user: Memento Mori, Defender, from the Anchorage Armada.
The ISFL invasion that started last season continues with the first overall pick this season. Mori is one of the most universally well liked users in the ISFL. In my mind, he has been in contention for the first overall pick in the draft since the second he started making the jump over to the land of virtual hockey. He is currently fourth in TPE in the class and has been a max earner since he created; he is one of the highest TPE earners in the ISFL so this is no surprise. He helped lead anchorage to the four star cup finals, where they fell short in five games to Quebec.  
This pick gets five stars from me. When you pick first (and second) overall, you obviously have some needs to fill, and Mori will do that for you. Toronto trading for first overall was a big risk but it has paid off.

With the second overall pick, the Toronto North Stars select Dane Von Gucci, user: Gucci, defender, from the St. Louis Scarecrows.
Gucci is another ISFL power user that decided to branch out into the land of virtual hockey. Gucci is a bit more controversial than Mori is, but he is equally successful. He too was GM over there, and is most known for his interesting scouting questions, usually involving your mom and how attractive you find her. Despite that, he was a fantastic user for the ISFL and will be a fantastic locker room presence for the North Stars. He has max earned in the SHL during his first season and is currently third in his class in TPE. He and Mori are slam dunk grand slam level picks. While these users might not be as well known as someone like Teddy, who went first overall last season, I feel that they will be just as impactful as he will.
This pick also gets five stars from me. Any guaranteed max earner and great locker room presence is a great pick at second overall, and Gucci is that and so much more.

With the third overall pick , the Minnesota Monarchs select Sekai Wolker, user: Gaia Mormont, defender, from the Anaheim Outlaws.
It took three picks for the first SHL main to be picked. Gaia has been a very successful user, with three challenge cups to his name; from S18, S34, and S38. His previous player, Ignatius Blunt, retired after a long career dating back to summer 2018. He only peaked at just over 1000 TPE, but was IA for awhile and probably could have earned even more. Wolker is currently eighth in TPE in his class, which is very impressive for a recreate. He has a giant bank though, money will never be an issue for him.
I give this pick four out of five stars. I am not sure the circumstances of Gaia’s IA period, but I feel like that could have dropped his stock enough to pick him later. However, as a DSFL GM, I know that if you like someone as a prospect, you should not try to get cute and hope they fall to your next pick. Minnesota obviously wanted Gaia and they got their Guy… uh (I am so sorry)

With the fourth overall pick, the Edmonton Blizzard pick Sven Scenchnikov, user: steveoiscool, defender, Vancouver Whalers.
A first gen player goes fourth! Looking at his profile, I do not see anything from any other sim leagues, which is exciting. It is always good to see some new blood in the sim league world. I have not yet interacted with steveoiscool but he seems… cool. He has been earning well in his first season in the SHL, coming in with 292 TPE. While this is not top of the class or anything, in fact it is 15th, it is a solid amount and as long as Sven keeps max earning, he will have a stellar career. He makes graphics and has written some media, so his bank account is pretty full.
I give this pick three stars out of five. Honestly, this feels like a bit of a reach (no offense to anyone involved). While Sven seems to be earning well now, his lower TPE total could have let him fall a bit and Edmonton could have probably gotten him later, or picked someone with higher TPE totals. But hey, I am not a GM, so what do I know?

With the fifth overall pick, the Seattle Argonauts select Daud Ramza, user: Blasoon, forward, from the Carolina Kraken.
Another ISFL power user off the board at fifth overall. Blasoon is a ISFL GM, max earner, and all around great guy. He was tasked with rebuilding the biggest dynasty in the ISFL and seems to have been doing a good job with it. Over here, Blasoon is the top TPE player in the class, and honestly I thought he might go first overall. He has a solid bank account balance built up, and is a great locker room presence so I am shocked he fell all the way to fifth. The only logical reason I can see for his slight slide is because he is starting either grad school or a doctorate program (can’t remember but he’s smart AF) soonish and might not have time for sim leagues.
I give this pick five out of five stars. As long as his future IRL endeavors do not stop him from max earning here, this is a fantastic pick. He has been a max earner every he has went, and has many titles to his name. He is a great guy and to get someone this awesome at five is a super lucky break for the Argonauts.

With the sixth overall pick, the Toronto North Stars select Ryuuji Kawashima, user: Raven, forward, from the Anaheim Outlaws.
While Kawashima is technically a recreate, Raven is much more well known for his time in the ISFL. His previous player here was not very successful and that might have hurt his draft stock. His player before that was very successful here, so that might help his draft stock. He was a pretty good GM over there, and I believe was GM with Gucci for the Honolulu ISFL team. That connection no doubt influenced this pick, as getting two guys who get along well is a great strategy to build locker room cohesion and promote activity. I actually was teammates with Raven for a season in the DSFL but he was too busy ISFL GMing to really hang out in our DSFL locker room much. He is fifth in the class in TPE, and has nearly $40m in the bank, which is a fantastic amount for a player. He basically can coast off of twitter money and the off bit of media for the rest of time.
I give this pick five stars because Raven is a good dude. His last player might not have been great, but his player before that was, and as long as he’s dedicated to his current player, he will be a great pick up here. My only problem with this pick is that he’s a bit of a weeb.

With the seventh overall pick, the San Francisco Pride select Miguel Hefeweizen, user: ZootTX, forward, from the Maine Timber.
Zoot is ANOTHER ISFL power user. He is currently a DSFL GM like I am, and is a pleasure to work with in GM chat and in other behind the scenes type places. He’s super involved with the ISFL and if he can be even half as involved with the SHL as he is with the ISFL, he will be a steal at seven. He is currently tied for 15th in TPE with Sven Scechnikov. Not super impressive, but as long as he can keep consistently earning, he will go on to have a great career in the SHL. His bank account is a little low, only $8m at the time of writing, but money is not too hard to come by here.
I give this pick three stars and I will call it a reach. Zoot is an awesome guy, but I am not sold on him being 100% committed to the SHL. If he can stick around and max earn, I will happily eat my words, but I am not convinced that he will do that just yet.

With the eighth overall pick, the Winnipeg Aurora select Alexis Saint-Michele, user: KenitohMenara, forward, from the Vancouver Whalers.
A high earning SHL recreate, I am not sure how ASM fell this far. He is second in the class in TPE, has nearly $40m in the bank, and has a dope signature. What more could you want? I have not yet met the user, but as long as he is not a terrible guy, this is a steal of a pick.
I give this pick five stars because he is high in TPE and slid down the draft order a bit. I do not know enough about the user to elaborate more on the pick.

With the nineth overall pick, the Winnipeg Aurora select Robot Sunfish, user: yonggarius, Forward, from the Vancouver Whalers.
Well yonggarius’s ISFL player won me ISFL fantasy last season, so he’s a pretty great guy because of that. The ISFL invasion of the SHL continues. He is only 21st in TPE so this feels like a bit of a reach. He has under $1m in the bank so this still feels like a bit of a reach. I feel like Sunfish could have gone in the second round, honestly.
I give this pick one star out of five. Obviously I am missing something. Sunfish has neither the TPE nor the bank to warrant this high of a selection.

With the tenth overall pick, the Edmonton Blizzard select Pasta The Turtle, user: visceralpotamus, defender, from the Newfoundland Berserkers.
Well last season’s draft had a duck, this one has a turtle. Pasta is currently 14th in the class in TPE and I think people like him, which is good. I have not yet interacted with him, but I am sure he is great. He’s got a solid bank account balance and has earned well this season so I am sure he will be a good SHL player for the Blizzard. He does have the worst signature I have ever seen that was not made by Zamir Kehla (ISFL peeps know), but hey, whatever floats your boat.
I give this pick four stars out of five. He probably would have slid just a little bit further, but like I said before, if you like someone in the draft and they are available when you pick, just pick them and do not get cute with it.

Code:
1863 Words

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

I spent my money on training last night lol.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 10:31 AM by yonggarius.)

Smh the only reason I'm broke atm is I used the money for training. I have 2 pending media, and for TPE I created the day before J draft

Glad that Lim won you fantasy last season tho!

Perpetually being the 11th pick means I never get included in these things ):

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

04-04-2021, 10:31 AMyonggarius Wrote: Smh the only reason I'm broke atm is I used the money for training. I have 2 pending media, and for TPE I created the day before J draft

Glad that Lim won you fantasy last season tho!
[Image: robot-sunfish.png]

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

You're a bit of a weeb

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Great article! I can guarantee you Pasta was not going to slide any further down the draft board. If we didn't trade up to 10 we knew someone else was taking him before our pick at 13.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Thanks so much for the kind words!

[Image: blasoon.gif]

guy...uh was criminal

Thank you!

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]