Create Account

Nikolai Ayerzov - Expatriate
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 02:08 PM by Faded.)

OOC: Well, I guess before I get anything going I should introduce myself. My name is Faded, and I am very happy to begin a new chapter of my sim league life in the SHL! This is certainly not my first rodeo when it comes sim leagues, I have had a kinda crappy stint in the PBE (where I somehow got a chip in the minors, so no complaints) and I am living a fruitful career in the ISFL, which is coming up on its one-year anniversary. Hopefully, this should give a background of who I am, and who I want this player to be. Thank you for reading! 

Ayerzov was born in Minsk, Belarus to a humble family, made up of a Father working a 9-5 in an office building, and a Mother who had dreams of becoming an author. Growing up, Ayerzov had recognized certain things about his country; He realized that while it did have a certain charm in regards to the "vibe" of the place, he thought to himself that he couldn't find a way to really succeed at what his true potential could be. He thus spent most of his time, barring school work and chores, glued to his television, watching the one sport that he dreamed about. Hockey. 

There was something about how his home team, Yunost Minsk, dominated the competition that fueled his fantasies of scoring the game-winning shot or checking someone into the shadow realm, that really made him keep going back to the television. He remarked about this to his father, who was also a fan of the sport, but did have some concerns about how his son would be able to survive in a setting like hockey. 

"No matter," Ayerzov said. "I'll make it there sometime."

Everything did change however when his mother began to express her distaste for the Belarussian government. Her dreams of becoming an author had kind of worked, as she became a vocal part of the opposition against the Belarussian dictatorship. Ayerzov realized that, while he didn't like the government either, you can't really be speaking out against them in such a vocal matter. He knew he had to get out. Nights of formerly watching hockey changed into working mule jobs to scrape money together to get out of the country, much to the resentment of his mother and father, who very much wanted him to live as a Belarussian. 

But, again, Ayerzov says "No Matter. I want to play Hockey, and I want to play it in a country where I can speak about my feelings. And if I cannot do it here, then I shall move."

His mother and father resigned. He had gathered the money to leave, with some aid from his parents as consolidation of the protesting they had done of him leaving. It was when he turned 17, that he moved away, leaving his Belarussian life away, and to the future. In America.

( 492 words)

Welcome to the SHL!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Excited to see you here too.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Faaaded

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Welcome!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:07 PM by goilers.)

Welcome to the league!

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

I noticed this was your first media piece so I added the x2 first media bonus.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]