Create Account

lilstifler look at drafted latvians (x2 media)

Hello. The big event has been closed, and I also had to watch the events in draft. I was surprised at the Latvian representation in this draft ceremony. A total of 7 Latvian players were drafted, two of them in the first round. For a country like Latvia, it is quite a success. Now let's look back at the players themselves and the places they've come to and what expect from them in the future.

D – Sekai Wollker @Gaia Mormont (327 TPE) drafted by Minnesota Monarchs in first round 3rd pick overall

A great young player whose roots are in Iceland, but life has led him to change his citizenship to Latvian. Very hard and hardworking in training, I can say this from a personal point of view as a youth team manager this year because this player received a special invitation to a youth team in one of the final moments. An offensive-type defender, at least I imagine him, he's one who could finish attacks with a good shots or a beautiful passes. He will be the team's leader in the future. Reached is in the Minnesota team, which from my point of view is the fiercest Seattle competitor to a place in the Play-Off games. But I hope the young man will do everything, because his career is really exciting, and who knows where the ways of the future are going, maybe we'll see each other on the ice in one club.

D – Valdis Vējonis @BoloBill (275 TPE) drafted by Chicago Syndicate in first round 18th pick overall

Another great Latvian defender who will be a team support in the future. Unfortunately, I must apologise immediately for not being selected on the youth team, but the tactical plan for us was to play with only 6 defs who left this brilliant young talent straight behind. But I certainly believe he'll be in the frame in the next few years, if I'm going to be the team's GM again, then he'll certainly be in the teams roster. But now, briefly on the player's own, I can say he's certainly more a defensive type of defender. At least that is my opinion and my belief that he could be entrusted more with defence duties as well as playing shorthanded. A very strong young player who has come into the system of a very good team. Chicago always fights for the title, and defensive players on such teams are badly needed. Good luck at both the club and the favourites to achieve great success.

D – Aleksandrs Balcers @Randominoe (325 TPE) drafted by Minnesota Monarchs in second round 27th pick overall

Another Latvian defender in this draft. I would say that he is a offensive defender, because he has good control of the puck, and he is with good balance. One of my youth favorites. When you see his game at once, you can see that he can be useful in every situation. He's playing like an adult, although he can still be considered a junior, for which the future can open a lot of doors. I don't know him personally, but I know he won't disappoint any coaches and I can't wait to go on ice with him. Come on the same system as the Sekai Wollker, which will certainly make both of them compete for a place in the big team. The seats on the team aren't unlimited, so there's a big fight ahead for us. I can wish the best of all.

LW – Jānis Lux @Lukstins88 (290 TPE) drafted by Calgary Dragons in second round 36th pick overall

What to say about this young man. First of all, I can congratulate him on coming to the Calgary team. In my opinion, every once in a career, considering going to that team. It's a very popular brand in this league just like other league leader teams. But anyway, this player is a very active forward, and as a forward I should even start worrying that he could beat me because the potential is greater for him than for me, I think. Very active in the team locker room as well as on social networks where records are regularly made. A pleasant personality, and I can't wait for the moment when we play a game together on the Latvian national team. Although I should also apologise for not being selected as one of the youth team this season, this is the situation with the attackers that someone needs to stay on the sidelines. Next season, you'll be in the team without any problems. I wish you good luck in Calgary and continue to score in the youth league. You have great potential and talent.

C – Scooby Doo @R_C_S (266 TPE) drafted by Winnipeg Aurora in third round 44th pick overall

A new center forward for the Latvian team. He is being drafted in one of my teams biggest opponents and we need to watch him out when he will be in the big team, although the centre, I would not say that his strong side would be the specifics of the faceoffs, but it can only be improved and he has great potential to do it and become one of the best. Personally I don't know him, unfortunately because of the great competition his candidacy was not dealt with by the youth team. But in more detail, you can see a player actively practicing and developing himself, as he will certainly become a noteworthy forward in coming seasons. Good luck in the future, and i hope we'll go together on the ice.

D – Artūrs Tumovs @arturs33 (269 TPE) drafted by Chicago Syndicate in fourth round 60th pick overall

Another talented and diligent Latvian def selected in one of the teams. At the beginning of the season, it was Artūrs, with Jānis Lux, who joined the league almost simultaneously and appeared in the Latvian locker room (Discord), and at once he could see that they were ready to overthrow the mountains and achieve the best results. Both were very comuniquant and much interested in everything. I would be honest, I hoped Arthur would be chosen sooner because I thought he is a valuable player. But I can say he's in a good place, he's going to have opportunities for growth. I hope he will continue to progress because then he will certainly be very valuable to any team, whatever his career will go. For the national team he will be certainly helpful.

RW – Shaq O’Neal @aidenmiz (252 TPE) drafted by Manhattan Rage in fourth round 66th pick overall

The latter, but not the worst of the Latvian players selected in this draft, is this young player. In a way very quiet and imperceptible, and I had no information that he was with the Latvian passport, but there is something in him. If he continued to try and remain active, he would fit in very well as a power forward. The team that chose him is also very good and hopefully the team will satisfy him and have no desire to quit everything. I see that we have some kind of talent, and certainly we'll hear about him. I wish him the best, and I would like to get to know him as a person, because the Latvians have to stick together.

Thank you for reading, if you were far away, then I apologise for various grammar errors, but I hope it was interesting. Thanks to all Latvians joining the league and supplementing our Latvian family here. I hope we'll stay even more and ever be able to get our team in the big league as well. I would like a team here, in one of Latvia's beautiful cities. Thanks for attention and a lovely day as well as good luck to all the new champions.

Latvieši rullē !